• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion.

576 posts in this topic

They buy a company. Get rich(er) from it. Then buy another company. & so on. Brilliant.

I wish it worked that way with comic books. I buy a comic book. Get poor(er) from it. Then I buy another comic book, and so on. Not brilliant.

Hey just saying since Disney appears to purchase whatever they want its possible offers have been sent to buy DC comics. It is a franchise they can make billions easily. I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.

They should buy Diamond.

I wonder if they would ever make a pitch for DC?

Don't even utter such a thing. The last thing we need is that hokey DC garbage crossing over into the Marvel universe.

:)

Bats and Spidey would make a great crime fighting series.

suicide.gif

Don't overuse it now.

Don't even utter such a thing. The last thing we need is that hokey DC garbage crossing over into the Marvel universe.

:)

Bats and Spidey would make a great crime fighting series.

suicide.gif

Don't overuse it now.

Violent Smiley

Guillotine

Steamroller crush

PLEASE, SOMEONE AT DISNEY GET JOSS WHEDON TO RIGHT THE NEW STAR WARS MOVIES!

They just announced it. Star Wars Episode 7 will be directed by Michael Bay.

Lucas will have a cameo part, playing The Force.

WOW.

Just wow.

Lucas has allowed the fan community to flourish with his "toys". Disney has historically been more litigious. I wonder what will happen to the Star Wars fan made universe (which is extensive).

While I always tried not to get all pissy whenever Lucas made a change I read an article in which he basically said he was making the original trilogy into the films he always wanted them to be. That irritated the hell out of me, just say I felt like changing things because it's mine and I want to. Not some crappy justification Not to mention the Prequels were kind of not good.

I think this might be good, or at least interesting. The first new film is kind of guaranteed to do insanely well, but maybe they will try to make the whole group good.

Something in my gut tells me that George is not healthy and that the next announcement will be that he is either sick or deceased.

That is a excellent point. Honestly the thought never passed my mind, but would make sense.

I feel the same way. Outside of Batman and his villains...it is just awful. I mean terrible. Maybe there is a few others but damn I can't even get into GL and I never saw the damn movie.

PLEASE, SOMEONE AT DISNEY GET JOSS WHEDON TO RIGHT THE NEW STAR WARS MOVIES!

They just announced it. Star Wars Episode 7 will be directed by Michael Bay.

Lucas will have a cameo part, playing The Force.

lol

The other question is if DARK HORSE will retain the rights to the STAR WARS comics or will those too come to MARVEL?

i think the comic rights would stay with dark horse until the end of whatever the contract terms currently are between Lucas and DH. no reason to get sued and break contracts if both sides are still making money. but after the contract is up....

Something in my gut tells me that George is not healthy and that the next announcement will be that he is either sick or deceased.

That is a excellent point. Honestly the thought never passed my mind, but would make sense.

He also stepped down from LFL less than 6 months ago as a transition into retirement and handed the reigns over to Kathleen Kennedy. This coming so soon after that occurring also lead me to believe he may have health issues. Especially since he has been so controlling over Star Wars these years for him to say it's now time for a new generation of film makers to take over the franchise sounds very out of character.

Just imagine how cool Disneyland is gonna be from now on!

And...all I want for Christmas is the original, untainted triology on DVD or Blu-ray! Give it a good "clean and press" and release what the fans want!

Clean up the dust...re-master the sound in a modern format...that's all I want done!

Are they going to do Star Wars Dark Empire for the next trilogy?

Starting getting those SW Dark Empires set in CGC 9.8 to resell by 2015. :gossip:

This brings up something that I've wondered about with the Dark Horse comics.

Does Lucasfilm (now Disney) own the characters that were created by Dark Horse writers in the various Star Wars comic series? Are these comics now going to contain the first appearances of characters that are about to become more well known in future movies?

Speculator alert!!!

This can't be good news for Dark Horse. I'm sure once the licensing deals are over, they will bring all the comics over to Marvel.

I've said this all along, but I think Dark Horse's days are numbered. They pretty much lost Whedon to Disney/Marvel and now they are losing Star Wars to Disney. Buffy and Star Wars were/are their best selling titles. They should've trusted Jim Shooter to build a universe for them so they could own something instead of just renting.

DG