• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

my long term experience has been more cr/ow than ow or better.... but as I got to looking at my inv list and recent sales list, I did discover all 6 copies ow or better...

and I just sent a lower grade copy to cgc that should come back ow or better...

Wow Gator, how did you managed to accumulate so many BB28 in OW PQ. From my experience and what I have seen out there...the average BB28 PQ are cream/off white pages.

I admit, I typically recall most SA dc keys as being cr/ow with ow or better being the minority...

I have owned dozens of bb28 over the past few years....it is "strange" that the last 6 copies (and the current 3 I have) are all ow or better... I believe it could be the result of a few factors, maybe a softening of cgc pq stance (shrug)

I see. Maybe they're being a bit generous on the cream side. The OW designation will definitely be a plus. I'm still amazed to hear six copies in OW PQ.

Guess it's a good thing no one bought the 6.0 I listed for sale last week.

Nice result today for all three BB 28s in the HA auction!

I truly believe BB28 is the book to buy right now. Good value and an iconic cover.

I thought about the HA 6.0 long and hard.

Guess it's a good thing no one bought the 6.0 I listed for sale last week.

Nice result today for all three BB 28s in the HA auction!

I truly believe BB28 is the book to buy right now. Good value and an iconic cover.

I thought about the HA 6.0 long and hard.

..... I actually liked the 5.5 better..... it looked like a nicer book with better color..... but I got outbid :sorry: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Does Hastings show up on the GPA (I forget who the heck reports)?

It'd be nice to have those represented.

If you mean Heritage, yes they do.

my long term experience has been more cr/ow than ow or better.... but as I got to looking at my inv list and recent sales list, I did discover all 6 copies ow or better...

Wow Gator, how did you managed to accumulate so many BB28 in OW PQ. From my experience and what I have seen out there...the average BB28 PQ are cream/off white pages.

I admit, I typically recall most SA dc keys as being cr/ow with ow or better being the minority...

I have owned dozens of bb28 over the past few years....it is "strange" that the last 6 copies (and the current 3 I have) are all ow or better... I believe it could be the result of a few factors, maybe a softening of cgc pq stance (shrug)

I see. Maybe they're being a bit generous on the cream side. The OW designation will definitely be a plus. I'm still amazed to hear six copies in OW PQ.

So many of my DC keys have cream/off-white pages I'd have a long (and expensive) road upgrading them to get OW pages. Not for nothing, but I've had plenty of cream books come back off-white to not obsess over it that much. Personally I think CGC is too free with the PQ designations. Why is it so inconsistent?

Does Hastings show up on the GPA (I forget who the heck reports)?

It'd be nice to have those represented.

If you mean Heritage, yes they do.

I've got Hastings on the brain....sorry....I meant Heritage. Hastings isn't even local to me....but I've heard many reputed stories of folks looking through their long-boxes of comics and finding modern gems. For instance: alot of the Sixth Gun stock people have dug up came from Hastings.....often for cover and clearly worth a significant amount more on the modern market for a bit.

Same with Cursed Pirate Girl.....very difficult to find, but a couple have popped up at Hastings for a little above cover in very high grade.

That joint is literally a treasure trove for the modern enthusiast. I'd love to have one nearby.....heck I don't even have many LCS that have long-boxes anymore. Possibly 2 out of 6.

So many of my DC keys have cream/off-white pages I'd have a long (and expensive) road upgrading them to get OW pages. Not for nothing, but I've had plenty of cream books come back off-white to not obsess over it that much. Personally I think CGC is too free with the PQ designations. Why is it so inconsistent?

Maybe they're finally being less harsher on the PQ for the late 50's to early 60's DC's. I had a few graded recently which had an OW PQ, but white pages are tough to score for these books.

Maybe they're finally being less harsher on the PQ for the late 50's to early 60's DC's. I had a few graded recently which had an OW PQ, but white pages are tough to score for these books.

It sucks for people who have books that are OW in CR/OW slabs, considering it costs over a hundred bucks to get them regraded and CGC makes no concessions.

I had a book that was upgraded on 2 resubs. That's a lot of money spend on slabs to get to the "right" grade. But I digress . . .

It sucks for people who have books that are OW in CR/OW slabs, considering it costs over a hundred bucks to get them regraded and CGC makes no concessions. I had a book that was upgraded on 2 resubs. That's a lot of money spend on slabs to get to the "right" grade. But I digress . . .

I can understand. :sorry: I wouldn't put tremendous difference to CR/OW and OW with books in this era. But I know it's a plus for the designation to some.

Sure is.

And lately it's become even more of an obsession, and can mean a huge price swing between a CR and a OW (or pray tell a W book) so it really can smack you in the wallet. I wish they would have a more scientific way to determine PQ, or if not, at least be more descriptive. I hear a brittle PQ could be assigned because a corner of a page is brittle. That could sink and entire book.