• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

Reynolds can do serious just fine. See "Definitely, Maybe" and "Safe House." Green Lantern's fault lay far more with the writing and the character itself than with his performance, although I would have preferred an actor 10 years older in the role.

The Green Lantern animated show just got cancelled, plus the Green Lantern toys sold poorly, maybe Hal Jordan is not what the fans want? They can`t make the fans like something that doesn`t interest them.

Maybe they should go with John Stewart or Kyle Rayner next time if there is a next time.

Same with the Flash movie would be better off with Wally West then Barry Allen.

Maybe they should go with John Stewart or Kyle Rayner next time if there is a next time.

I hadn't thought about that, but that makes perfect sense. It would be a good way to sidestep any Reynolds issues for sure.....I wouldn't mind seeing another GL.

Reynolds can do serious just fine. See "Definitely, Maybe" and "Safe House." Green Lantern's fault lay far more with the writing and the character itself than with his performance, although I would have preferred an actor 10 years older in the role.

The Green Lantern animated show just got cancelled, plus the Green Lantern toys sold poorly, maybe Hal Jordan is not what the fans want? They can`t make the fans like something that doesn`t interest them.

Honestly, that does not surprise me. The show was utterly bad. I hated the cheap animated style they used and the stories were completely flat and boring with only very few exception.

Hal Jordan is not the problem. Marvel has proven very well that even an unknown or not that popular character can always gain success and popularity to a very high degree. I would not mind seeing any of the other Lanterns either as most of them are quite dandy or even nifty. The problem is the production and not the character. The entire GL-universe is exciting and knows no limits whatsoever.

Personally, I like Hal Jordan and I'm glad DC got him back from Limbo and made him the main character in the GL-Universe again. I might just be nostalgic, but I prefer to see the original silver age GL being in focus. Plus he is a cool guy with flaws and everything. On the other hand, they've destroyed the character so much, a clean cut might just be what GL needs.

Quick question folks -- I just got into the BB28 space with a 6.5 graded CGC copy that I think could be graded slightly higher if I resubmitted. Worth the risk? Anyone have any advice or tips on how to decide?

First you should get the notes on that graded copy. See what was said. If you have alot of flaws that could be pressed out or dry cleaned, consider pressing/cleaning then resubmitting for encapsulation.

Charlie Hunnam As Flash In Justice League Rumor Surfaces:

While Warner Bros. has yet to officially announce a Justice League movie, Warner Bros. President Jeff Robinov recently confirmed that Man of Steel lays the groundwork for a Justice League movie. In the scenario that seems to be most often hinted at by those attached to the Man of Steel, Henry Cavill would reprise his role as Superman in a Justice League movie, but new actors would likely be cast in all the other roles. There is a slim chance that previous actors could return to play the Batman and Green Lantern roles, but the roles of Flash and Wonder Woman would have to be cast from scratch.

Now, CHUD.com is reporting that they have an inside tip on who might be under consideration for the role of Flash. Warner Bros. is reportedly pleased with Guillermo Del Toro’s Pacific Rim, which will be released this summer.

Charlie Hunnam, who stars in Pacific Rim, also reportedly got along well with director Guillermo Del Toro. In fact, Del Toro has already cast Hunnam in a role in his next movie Crimson Peak. While CHUD.com notes that Charlie Hunnam would be ideal to play John Constantine in Del Toro’s Justice League Dark movie, it’s another role that they suggest Warner Bros. is actively considering Hunnam for.

According to CHUD.com sources, Warner Bros. has developed conceptual art using Charlie Hunnam’s likeness as the Flash for the Justice League movie. However, there are no pictures of the conceptual art to prove the rumor. If the art exists, it’s also possible that the artist just used Hunnam’s likeness and it has nothing to do with Warner Bros. considering him for the role. Still, we could see how Warner Bros. would be considering Charlie Hunnam for the role, particularly if they are pleased with his performance in Pacific Rim.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/04/11/charlie-hunnam-as-flash-in-justice-league-rumor-surfaces/

Already mentioned earlier, but thought this was worth a reprint from another source:

'Justice League' Movie Cast Rumors: Christian Bale to Team with Henry Cavill?

Christian Bale will reportedly be returning to play opposite Superman character Henry Cavill in the future Justice League movie, which will be overseen by director Christopher Nolan.

According to Latino Review, a website that's broken a slew of past Batman and Superman news, Warner Bros is near desperate to recompose the all-star cast behind the extremely successful Dark Knight trilogy for the future ensemble blockbuster.

By teaming the well-known Bale with Cavill, who is the principal actor in this summer's Zack Snyder-directed Man of Steel, the studio feels as though it could strongly compete against Joss Whedon's The Avengers as well as JJ Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII.

The site reported that Nolan would overlook Justice League in a similar fashion to the way he led Man of Steel, while Snyder could produce and potentially direct the flick.

Bale and Nolan were previously adamant about last year's Dark Knight Rises being their final Batman movie. However, Bale told Empire magazine in 2012 that he'd consider coming back for a fourth film only if Nolan presented him with a great storyline.

Justice League, which Warner Bros. is preparing to launch in 2015, revolves around the comic book that has Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and various other superheroes joining forces to fight Earth's enemies.

Six years ago, Babe director George Miller was in charge of a failed attempt to take the story to the big screen, which wasn't associated to any previous movies in either franchise and had different actors to play Superman and Batman.

However, Marvel's release of several superhero flicks such as Iron Man, Thor and Captain America prior to combining them for the 1.5 billion dollar release of The Avengers dramatically altered the way the studios now approach superhero films.

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/14078/20130305/justice-league-movie-cast-rumors-christian-bale-team-henry-cavill-video.htm

The Rock in the upcoming JLA movie?

Dwayne Johnson reveals that he will be playing a superhero in a movie as well as mentions two previous comic book movie roles with Lobo and Black Adam, and once again mentions Star Wars.

While promoting G.I. Joe Retaliation, in which he plays Roadblock, Dwayne Johnson answered questions about the Shazam and Lobo movies.

While those are no longer in active development, Dwayne Johnson did tell SuperHeroHype he will be playing a superhero.

"There'll be a superhero I do," he said with a grin, reports SHH.

As Dwayne Johnson was previously attached to two superhero Warner Bros. properties, it might be a safe bet that he will be playing another DC Comics character. We can speculate possibly the Martian Manhunter in the Justice League movie -- or even perhaps a villain role?

Speaking of the two defunct DC Comics characters that he was attached to, Dwayne Johnson gives an interesting response in that the studio is no longer doing Lobo and Shazam, but are concentrating on other properties.

[Lobo] kind of came and went," he explained. "It came. I thought it was interesting. Then it kind of went away... 'Shazam' was more interesting. And really interesting to me. I would have loved that, especially the idea of playing Black Adam. Again, though, studios start to look at other properties and other superhero properties, what makes sense and what doesn’t."

The fate of Lobo seemed sealed when producer Joel Silver walked away from Warner Bros.; in addition, it's previously been stated that Warners wants to concentrate on building up their more popular line of characters with new Superman movies (Man of Steel in theaters June 14th), a Batman reboot, as well as the Justice League movie.

However, there is always the possibility that Dwayne Johnson has jumped ship with Marvel Studios. Johnson could possibly play Luke Cage in a Heroes For Hire movie, which has been mentioned by Marvel as a franchise that's being looked at also with Iron Fist.

There's also the fact that Dwayne Johnson wants to get involved in another Disney franchise, with Star Wars, as the House of the Mouse owns Marvel Studios as well.

Dwayne Johnson is definitely eyeing up a role in the new Star Wars, previously he mentioned that his favorite character was the bounty hunter Boba Fett - perhaps giving a clue as to the type of role he is seeking - and says he would love to be part of it.

"'Star Wars'," Johnson said with a smile, reports SHH. "And that’s not to say that they need it. Obviously they’re doing very well. J.J. [Abrams] is just gonna crush it. I’m so excited. There’s a guy, by the way, who’s not just a brilliant director, but who honors and respects mythology. You’ve seen that with 'Star Trek' and you’re going to see that with 'Star Wars.' I’m very excited about that."

Speaking of hero roles, Dwayne Johnson will also be playing Hercules in the Brett Ratner-directed film which is adapted from a Radical Comics graphic novel.

The Rock will also be headlining Wrestlemania as he is set to go one on one with WWE Superstar John Cena for the heavyweight championship of the world.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/dwayne-johnson-teases-superhero-movie-role-talks-star-wars-lobo-black-adam

How about The Rock as the John Stewart Green Lantern?

hm

I'm having a hard time seeing him as anyone quite frankly. I could have envisioned Lobo....but Martian Manhunter or Green Lantern? Not sure I'm on board with Rock completely yet as a substitute. Oh well, I guess only time will tell.

All that movie talk sounds like a pipe dream to me.

More like wishful thinking. :gossip:

Remember the good old days when people collected comics just because they liked them, not because they were hoping they could make a lot of money by speculating in a comic that they hoped would be made into a movie?

I don't think the recent rise in interest in BB28 is purely related to movie speculation. Some yes, but there's also a growing realization of what a great book it is, and how tough it is in high grade, or in any grade with nice pages.

I don't think the recent rise in interest in BB28 is purely related to movie speculation. Some yes, but there's also a growing realization of what a great book it is, and how tough it is in high grade, or in any grade with nice pages.

It's a cornerstone book of the SA...... and it's been too cheap for too long. I wish I had one.... LOVE that cover. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:golfclap:

Justice League Movie Seems Set To Reunite Man Of Steel’s Zack Snyder And David Goyer:

When Warner Bros. were trying to overlap work on Man of Steel and Justice League, it didn’t seem at all likely that Zack Snyder would direct the film. There were obvious and practical reasons he wouldn’t have been on the much-discussed studio wishlist.

But plans change, and schedules slip and now, Snyder is all but done with Man of Steel and it looks like Warner Bros. have offered him the top seat for Justice League.

Corroborating this, perhaps, is a recent interview between Ruben Fleischer and Screen Crush. There to talk about Gangster Squad, Fleischer was inevitably asked about the League.

He said:

"Well that’s something that Zack Snyder is going to wind up doing."

Warner Bros. Pictures’ president Jeff Robinov has also teased an upcoming announcement:

"I think you’ll see that, going forward, anything can live in this world. [Nolan’s] Batman was deliberately and smartly positioned as a stand-alone. The world they lived in was very isolated without any knowledge of any other superheroes. What Zack and Chris have done with this film is allow you to really introduce other characters into the same world. We’ll announce something in the next several weeks that will hopefully position the DC characters and the movies we’re going to be making."

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/23/justice-league-movie-seems-set-to-reunite-man-of-steels-zack-snyder-and-david-goyer/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/11/justice-league-updates-christopher-nolan-officially-not-involved-man-of-steel-really-might-tie-in/

:golfclap:

True dat! :golfclap:

Justice League Movie Seems Set To Reunite Man Of Steel’s Zack Snyder And David Goyer:

When Warner Bros. were trying to overlap work on Man of Steel and Justice League, it didn’t seem at all likely that Zack Snyder would direct the film. There were obvious and practical reasons he wouldn’t have been on the much-discussed studio wishlist.

But plans change, and schedules slip and now, Snyder is all but done with Man of Steel and it looks like Warner Bros. have offered him the top seat for Justice League.

Corroborating this, perhaps, is a recent interview between Ruben Fleischer and Screen Crush. There to talk about Gangster Squad, Fleischer was inevitably asked about the League.

He said:

"Well that’s something that Zack Snyder is going to wind up doing."

Warner Bros. Pictures’ president Jeff Robinov has also teased an upcoming announcement:

"I think you’ll see that, going forward, anything can live in this world. [Nolan’s] Batman was deliberately and smartly positioned as a stand-alone. The world they lived in was very isolated without any knowledge of any other superheroes. What Zack and Chris have done with this film is allow you to really introduce other characters into the same world. We’ll announce something in the next several weeks that will hopefully position the DC characters and the movies we’re going to be making."

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/23/justice-league-movie-seems-set-to-reunite-man-of-steels-zack-snyder-and-david-goyer/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/11/justice-league-updates-christopher-nolan-officially-not-involved-man-of-steel-really-might-tie-in/

Love the news and update. ;)

Zack Snyder May Direct 'Justice League':

The future of Warner Bros.‘ plans for developing the DC Comics universe on film just took another step forward, as months of speculation was finally confirmed, according to Empire Magazine.

Many of us have long suspected (and, in my case and the case of several others, openly and repeatedly endorsed the idea) that Zack Snyder, director of the upcoming Superman franchise reboot Man of Steel, would be offered the director’s seat for any eventual Justice League superhero team-up film if that project were to get off the ground (again), and now Empire says that is indeed the case. Read on for more!

In their newest Superman-centric edition, Empire talks with Snyder about Man of Steel and his future plans. The magazine says that if Man of Steel is a success, then Warner Bros. will ask Snyder to take charge of their long-delayed Justice League film project. Snyder himself is quoted as saying:

“I have to say that it is everything that I could have hoped for. Touch wood that I am not insane, but it feels really good."

It doesn’t appear there will be any problem with Man of Steel meeting the necessary expectations to set off the next stage of development, since the film’s ad push has been pretty strong so far and just leaped tall retail chains in a single bound with a promotional offer for tickets to exclusive advance screenings in a marketing team-up with Walmart.

The film is positioned to be a major summer blockbuster and should easily eclipse the $390 million made by Superman Returns back in 2006. The rise of 3D and IMAX ticket pricing as a significant factor in worldwide box office suggests that Man of Steel should have no problem topping $500+ million worldwide, and I’m personally betting it ends up with something closer to $800 million or more when the receipts are all tabulated.

Warner Bros. has had a tough time of it with their DC properties, and fans have been frustrated for the last several years as one project after another was announced as “in development” only to disappear or get replaced by some new incarnation that moved just as quickly to a dusty shelf.

However, it’s not like Warner Bros. hasn’t been trying. They brought in several top writers to draft screenplays and treatments for several characters, including Wonder Woman and the Flash, but just couldn’t find anything they felt confident enough about putting into production (and let’s face it, it’s better to NOT have a film if there’s no confidence in it to begin with, and if it might just turn out to be underwhelming, right?). The one solo project they did move forward with that didn’t involve Superman or Batman was, of course, Green Lantern, a highly underrated movie that I think was lots of fun and more than worthy as an addition to the studio’s resume of DC films, but which failed to generate much enthusiasm from mainstream audiences.

And meanwhile, let’s not forget Warner Bros. greenlit Watchmen, one of the best superhero adaptations of all time and a risky, bold creative decision in light of the fact it was an R-rated superhero movie that most fans and filmmakers had determined was unfilmable anyway (but which was pulled off anyway by none other than Zack Snyder himself, and if you’ve not seen the Ultimate Cut I strongly urge you to get it and watch it immediately, it’s brilliant).

The biggest problem the studio has had with developing some of these characters is that, to be blunt, there hasn’t been enough mainstream interest to demonstrate it’s worth investing hundreds of millions of dollars into those characters’ films. It’s hard for a studio to greenlight a superhero film that doesn’t generate any better response from respondents than Green Lantern did, and the studio certainly has plenty of other non-superhero movie projects in the works already anyway.

Meanwhile, they know Batman and Superman are instantly recognizable and popular characters when done well, so if you were Warner Bros. and had a few hundred million bucks to invest, and your choice is either a sure thing Batman or Superman film, or a risky Flash flick that looks as potentially unpopular as Green Lantern, which would you choose?

But Justice League of course changes the equation for Warner, since they’d be crossing their new Superman over to that movie and almost surely also including Batman in the proceedings. Which makes it a lot easier to invest the money, and to throw in the other characters and see if they can develop enough following to spin them off into solo movies later.

Now, I’ve already made it pretty clear that I think the studio should pursue solo film franchises for a few other characters before heading into Justice League, since I feel these other movies represent a single investment together that support one another and lay a stronger foundation on which to build the team-up franchise. The marketing benefits and cross-promotional opportunities of such a plan are readily apparent in Marvel’s own development process — as I’ve written about recently –and I think it’s the best route for the DC properties as well.

So I’m hopeful that as Warner Bros. moves forward with the DC cinematic universe, they’ll decide to develop at least a couple of other solo franchises besides Superman during the lead-in to an eventual Justice League project.

So come on, Warner — offer Snyder a position as producer over the larger project plans, get Goyer to work with writers from DC Comics to find the best story ideas and develop those into outlines that a screenwriter can use as inspiration, and then let Snyder pair up screenwriters and directors for each project and give them creative control to turn the rough ideas into a great superhero adaptation. With Superman already in the bag, they need to revive Batman while developing Wonder Woman and maybe the Flash, or perhaps a Green Lantern soft-sequel.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2013/04/25/zack-snyder-may-direct-justice-league/