• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

Sure is.

And lately it's become even more of an obsession, and can mean a huge price swing between a CR and a OW (or pray tell a W book) so it really can smack you in the wallet. I wish they would have a more scientific way to determine PQ, or if not, at least be more descriptive. I hear a brittle PQ could be assigned because a corner of a page is brittle. That could sink and entire book.

That's correct, Bob-a-loo. Look at this Bat 1 currently in the C-Link auction. Has Slightly Brittle pages but look at the back. See the suppleness in the pages? Probably has a thin strip or edge somewhere in the book that is "flakey" so to speak. Ridiculous, if you ask me.

137977.jpg.d73f79a286dfa4e210c267158959171e.jpg

lol, cute.

I believe there is only one WP copy of our beloved BB28 - it's a 7.5 and owned by a boardie :cloud9:

I have had ow/w, ow, c/ow, lt/ow, sb (no brittle copies), but NEVER white pages......

if you ask me, the Heritage prices were modest, not excessive. The 5.5 was the nicest presenting of the bunch, and the 6.0 was nice with ow/w pages too....but nothing superduper..... had that 7.0 been ow/w and/or looked sharper, i'd think we'd see $11K (shut, i'd probably bid $10K).

lol, cute.

I believe there is only one WP copy of our beloved BB28 - it's a 7.5 and owned by a boardie :cloud9:

I have had ow/w, ow, c/ow, lt/ow, sb (no brittle copies), but NEVER white pages......

if you ask me, the Heritage prices were modest, not excessive. The 5.5 was the nicest presenting of the bunch, and the 6.0 was nice with ow/w pages too....but nothing superduper..... had that 7.0 been ow/w and/or looked sharper, i'd think we'd see $11K (shut, i'd probably bid $10K).

I had a check ready to send for the 7.5 WP'er and the deal did not work out. :sorry:

So not entirely related to the movie per se but more directly related to the comic book...

This is actually more for you action figure junkies. There are two links to youtube below....first link is about 9 minutes long, the second just about 2 minutes. The sound doesn't kick in until about a third the way through the second link....

The second link is clearer and a bit more visually oriented whereas the first link is more descriptive of the product.

Both are a worthwhile watch IMHO:

So freaking cool if you dig BB28 and action figures.

lol, cute.

I had a check ready to send for the 7.5 WP'er and the deal did not work out. :sorry:

sorry to hear.

Supergirl in Man of Steel Prequel:

Wal-Mart began selling tickets for Man Of Steel on May 18th. Apparently, with every ticket, you could download a free Man Of Steel prequel digital comic, written by screenwriter David Goyer And drawn by Jerry Ordway.

And it seems starring a certain Kara…

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/05/18/supergirl-in-the-man-of-steel-prequel/

Wal-Mart began selling tickets for Man Of Steel on May 18th. Apparently, with every ticket, you could download a free Man Of Steel prequel digital comic, written by screenwriter David Goyer And drawn by Jerry Ordway.

Cool! My son picked up 4 tickets, I'll have to ask him if he downloaded this digital prequel and check it out.

There's a CGC 6.5 copy that just went up on comic link.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%5Fadv%2Easp%3Fall%3Dy%26TITLE%3D%26TITLEOPT%3DALL%26ISSUE%3D%26Condition%3D%26ConditionTo%3D%26CensusRank%3D%26SearchPageQuality%3D%26Pedigree%3D%26PRICEF%3D%26PRICET%3D%26DESCRIPTION%3D%26DESCRIPTIONOPT%3DALL%26SearchRemarks%3D%26SearchCGC%3D%26EXCLUDE%3D%26CATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26WCATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26SORT%3DNEW%26%5Fwhere%5Fforsale%3Dy%26%5Fwhere%5Fauctions%3Dy%26x%3D32%26y%3D12%26where%5Fforsale%3Dy&id=974158

:news: Never mind, it's SOLD

Price: $5,750 :o

People were already buying them up before the news - maybe this isn't news hm

lol, you're right it's always been desirable....but on the heels of a new appearance it might be something to more actively seek ATM. :)

I think you're probably right. I can't believe what that book is going for already.

What do you think of the price paid for that BB28 6.5 - seem like another jump?

Cool! My son picked up 4 tickets, I'll have to ask him if he downloaded this digital prequel and check it out.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%5Fadv%2Easp%3Fall%3Dy%26TITLE%3D%26TITLEOPT%3DALL%26ISSUE%3D%26Condition%3D%26ConditionTo%3D%26CensusRank%3D%26SearchPageQuality%3D%26Pedigree%3D%26PRICEF%3D%26PRICET%3D%26DESCRIPTION%3D%26DESCRIPTIONOPT%3DALL%26SearchRemarks%3D%26SearchCGC%3D%26EXCLUDE%3D%26CATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26WCATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26SORT%3DNEW%26%5Fwhere%5Fforsale%3Dy%26%5Fwhere%5Fauctions%3Dy%26x%3D32%26y%3D12%26where%5Fforsale%3Dy&id=974158

I'm kinda suspect about that copy.. Looks like one of collectors comics' spine realignment experiment, but I could be wrong. Nevertheless, the book sold for a nice price

I think the book's selling price was a bit modest (in spite of bumps) and I anticipate others in the same grade as well as bit lower will start to increase markedly as more news arises.

I'm kinda suspect about that copy.. Looks like one of collectors comics' spine realignment experiment, but I could be wrong. Nevertheless, the book sold for a nice price

Good eye - it does appear to have a reverse-spineroll going on hm

I'm so OCD now with this new pressing technique that its like normal for me to tell.. I avoid it like the plague

pretty sure I sold that copy fairly recently. No spine realignment as the serial # Appears same

So GPA on a 6.0 (which is roughly the median grade that's been sold lately) is as follows:

12 Month Average = $3295.00

90 Day Average = $4780.00

That 90 Day Average on 6.0 is now eclipsing the Feb. 2013 last recorded sale on a 6.5 and is equivalent to the Twin Cities 6.5 last sold in May 2011.

The 7.0 12 & 90 is at $8963.00 with most recent sale in May 2013.....it's edging closer to the 7.5 with a last recorded sale of $10,000.00 in November 2011.

Looks like the days of undervaluing this comic are rapidly coming to a close. Even those $ amts. are a bit less than I would expect. I guess we'll see what happens in about a month.....DC/WB has been playing JLA news close to the vest until the release of MOS. Betcha dimes to donuts these prices look like a long forgotten dream by August.