• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

It will be a dud unless they turn Superman into some dark, twisted, psychopath.

Superman the boy scout just ain`t cool to modern kids.

So name me a Marvel film that was dark, twisted, psychopath etc.

They have all done well, why can't the Man of Steel?

The trailer is awesome and I am really looking forward to it.

Obviously I was engaging in a little hyperbole, but Marvel heroes always have a darker edge to them compared to DC heroes except for Batman.

Wolverine, obviously

Spiderman--caused his uncle`s death, pathologically pathetic, etc.

Iron Man--played lighter by RDJr than the comic book alcoholic, but still you get the feeling there`s a darker side there

Hulk--issues, issues, issues (in ALL of the different Hulk movies)

Okay, Thor was a bit of bland lunk, which is probably why I found Thor to have been the most boring of the new generation of Marvel films.

The point is that none of them are boy scouts like Clark Kent/Superman.

So what'll this go for? hm

Depends on how many B&B 28 fans out there like big fat ugly miswraps.

:takeit:

Oh that's right, I can't afford it :flamed:

So what'll this go for? hm

Depends on how many B&B 28 fans out there like big fat ugly miswraps.

It will be interesting to see if pre-movie hype trumps production quality yet again......

I've seen worse wraps. Considering the age and relative scarcity of higher grades for this issue....the one that's pictured above:

:takeit: in a heartbeat.

I consider that miswrap as slight, not ugly at all. It's really not that wide and it's straight. I think this is a very attractive copy except for same old CR/OW pages.

I think this is a very attractive copy except for same old CR/OW pages.

That's yet another thing folks are going to have to try to get past when looking for those old DC Silver keys.....alot of Cream, tons of Cream/Off White.

Full metal white is going to be like Moby .....it may be out there somewhere....but few and far between.

The Silver DCs weren't coddled and horded as much as the same era Marvels IMO, so they definitely show a bit more of their age.

To me that's just like patina on antiques.....sometimes it lends character, but from the perspective of the collector looking for the highest grade in the best color....I can see where it detracts from the visual appeal. It's just going to be a feature of many of these BB28s as they start to surface, and it's part of the nature of these beasts in general. It wouldn't deter me from purchasing a higher graded one however.

That's yet another thing folks are going to have to try to get past when looking for those old DC Silver keys.....alot of Cream, tons of Cream/Off White.

I disagree with this, and I don`t think everyone should lower the bar so easily. It reminds me of the classic Jon Lovitz skit on SNL telling women to lower their standards. lol

I don`t think it`s that hard to find most early DC silver keys with decent PQ and QP. I`ve seen plenty of B&B 28s with decent QP. It`s not even in the top 10 of hardest early DC silver keys for QP.

B&B 34, on the other hand, is a genuinely hard early DC silver key to find with good QP (probably the hardest), but with a little perseverance and patience I was able to find one.

Edited by tth2

I disagree with this, and I don`t think everyone should lower the bar so easily. It reminds me of the classic Jon Lovitz skit on SNL telling women to lower their standards. lol

I don`t think it`s that hard to find most early DC silver keys with decent PQ and QP. I`ve seen plenty of B&B 28s with decent QP. It`s not even in the top 10 of hardest early DC silver keys for QP.

B&B 34, on the other hand, is a genuinely hard early DC silver key to find with good QP (probably the hardest), but with a little perseverance and patience I was able to find one.

I've had 6 bb28 in the past month (3 sold) all with ow or better pq

Considering the last two posts, I'll concede and just say this:

If you see those books floating around in those higher grades with good PQ please let me know. I simply don't see them and that's been my personal experience. I'm well aware that you both probably come across many more copies than I do. I'm on the hunt and looking to upgrade what I have as well as acquire more for the right price and presentation.

Thanks and sorry to turn this into a 'please sell me your' stuff post.

my long term experience has been more cr/ow than ow or better.... but as I got to looking at my inv list and recent sales list, I did discover all 6 copies ow or better...

and I just sent a lower grade copy to cgc that should come back ow or better...

my long term experience has been more cr/ow than ow or better.... but as I got to looking at my inv list and recent sales list, I did discover all 6 copies ow or better...

Wow Gator, how did you managed to accumulate so many BB28 in OW PQ. From my experience and what I have seen out there...the average BB28 PQ are cream/off white pages.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Well, thanks to everyone that refuted my point and then revalidated it....lol.

I'm sure there are some white and off white pages out there....but are they in the majority or the minority?

I already told y'all what my experience has been.

Wow Gator, how did you managed to accumulate so many BB28 in OW PQ. From my experience and what I have seen out there...the average BB28 PQ are cream/off white pages.

I admit, I typically recall most SA dc keys as being cr/ow with ow or better being the minority...

I have owned dozens of bb28 over the past few years....it is "strange" that the last 6 copies (and the current 3 I have) are all ow or better... I believe it could be the result of a few factors, maybe a softening of cgc pq stance (shrug)

It's possible you just accumulated better quality ones....you know what they say about the cream....it typically rises to the top. :)

(that's probably a bad analogy because we've been discussing cream/off-white, but you get my drift)

Knowing your reputation and proclivity for dealing with high quality, high grade, big ticket comics...I'm sure you'd have come across the best of the best.

That coupled with some good luck whilst hunting = better pq.

I don't think the CGC suddenly got soft on color....maybe other stuff, but probably not that.

Pq= page quality, not color :baiting:

But you might be right. Maybe I am just on a roll !

I'm sorry, my noobishness just leaked out all over the page. When I think PQ, I think page quality...but to me that's synonymous with color.

My bad if that's the case.