• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

I don't remember reading any of this but here it is:

http://www.fanboysanonymous.com/2014/07/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-may.html

Several sites, ComicBookMovie among them, report on several characters rumored to be added to the film. The list: Victor Zsasz, Morgan Edge, David Cain, Amanda Waller, Jason Todd, Kyle Rayner, and Carrie Kelley.

In the reports, there are also some mentions of Kord Industries—a reference to Ted Kord, the hero Blue Beetle—and to the planet Thanagar, where Hawkman and Hawkgirl are from.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/26/no-arrow-for-ted-kord-dc-has-other-plans/

During today's Arrow panel at Comic Con International: San Diego, producer Andrew Kreisberg revealed that Ted Kord, the post-Crisis on Infinite Earths Blue Beetle, will not be appearing on Arrow this season becuase the show's request to use him was turned down by DC Entertainment.

They explained it in the context of how Ray Palmer came into the show, saying that when Ted Kord was pitched, DC told them they couldn't use the character because DC have "other plans" for Kord.

Kord has recently begun to appear in the New 52, and will be a key character in one of the chapters of Grant Morrison's The Multiversity. He's also been referenced indirectly a number of times on Arrow, when his company's products have appeared in the show.

I'm looking so much forward to Ray Palmer being introduced. He is one of the most multi-faceted DC characters and DC better not spoon him up!!

Don't remember the link, but I did see the season 3 Arrow extended trailer today.....they show Ray's first introduction to Oliver Queen....as well as Ra's Al Ghul.

I don't remember reading any of this but here it is:

http://www.fanboysanonymous.com/2014/07/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-may.html

Several sites, ComicBookMovie among them, report on several characters rumored to be added to the film. The list: Victor Zsasz, Morgan Edge, David Cain, Amanda Waller, Jason Todd, Kyle Rayner, and Carrie Kelley.

In the reports, there are also some mentions of Kord Industries—a reference to Ted Kord, the hero Blue Beetle—and to the planet Thanagar, where Hawkman and Hawkgirl are from.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/26/no-arrow-for-ted-kord-dc-has-other-plans/

During today's Arrow panel at Comic Con International: San Diego, producer Andrew Kreisberg revealed that Ted Kord, the post-Crisis on Infinite Earths Blue Beetle, will not be appearing on Arrow this season becuase the show's request to use him was turned down by DC Entertainment.

They explained it in the context of how Ray Palmer came into the show, saying that when Ted Kord was pitched, DC told them they couldn't use the character because DC have "other plans" for Kord.

Kord has recently begun to appear in the New 52, and will be a key character in one of the chapters of Grant Morrison's The Multiversity. He's also been referenced indirectly a number of times on Arrow, when his company's products have appeared in the show.

I'll completely lose it if they bring Hawkman into the mix. They could so easily do that character with the CGI technology today.

And Hawkman and Atom have teamed up in comics. :cloud9:

I'm looking so much forward to Ray Palmer being introduced. He is one of the most multi-faceted DC characters and DC better not spoon him up!!

Don't remember the link, but I did see the season 3 Arrow extended trailer today.....they show Ray's first introduction to Oliver Queen....as well as Ra's Al Ghul.

:hi:

I'll completely lose it if they bring Hawkman into the mix. They could so easily do that character with the CGI technology today.

That would be awesome :headband:

Unfortunately, it might be too much excitement for WB to bring in Hawkman so early in the game.

That would be awesome :headbang:

Unfortunately, it might be too much excitement for WB to bring in Hawkman so early in the game.

Alas, that is probably so :eyeroll:

the movie bump is just a variation of the new series bump forgotten characters always got when revived. Same thing. New attention --- from ANY source -- brings higher prices.

Much better though, as back then the new series would expose the character to just thousands of readers, while with a movie you get exposure with millions of customers. Plus with movies your getting the characters exposed to millions of new fans as well. People who never looked at a Iron Man or X-Men comic know the characters now because of the movies.

I'm just not a fan of this latest generation of movie hype and price bumps going on. I sometimes think it's silly and just wish comics went back to being collector by readers.

Roy, an excellent statement. Perhaps now you can remotely understand why some of us feel the same way about the manipulation.

Very good observation. I can see your point of view.

In the future it mostly will go back to readers with digital comics being the norm, which will lead them to make movies based on digital comic books eventually.

Heard there was lots of activity on this book at SDCC, but not a ton of sales.

Anyone care to confirm this?

Prices in GPA seem to have flattened out (varies slightly by grade), but dealers are saying private sales are hot.

Any commentary from the larger dealers on here? Curious for a status update...

Heard there was lots of activity on this book at SDCC, but not a ton of sales.

Prices in GPA seem to have flattened out (varies slightly by grade), but dealers are saying private sales are hot.

Well, they would have to say that.

How can you tell when a dealer`s lying? His lips are moving or his fingers are typing.

My guess is it's had most of it's run up for the movie hype. That said there will probably be a few higher prices right around release (If past movie bumps are any indication). Followed by a leveling off to just below the high prices just around release. The fact that it has basically doubled + in the last two years will keep investors out, but speculators might bump it a bit more.

We might have to agree to disagree. I think there's growth yet to be seen in this book, but of course there'd be some cooling off after the initial hype. The "run-up" as it were happened before the announcement and confirmation of a JL movie. Methinks we'll see other increases approaching BvS and of course JL and beyond.

I might be a little biased, but I expect another bump once the JL movie trailer hits. I mean, can you imagine what that trailer will look like?! I get goosebumps just thinking about it, lol

I might be a little biased, but I expect another bump once the JL movie trailer hits. I mean, can you imagine what that trailer will look like?! I get goosebumps just thinking about it, lol

I know the BvS trailer has been removed by WB.....BUT, if you did happen to "hear" the response the audience gave it while viewing.....you know that every movie leading up to, including and following the JL movie is going to be off the chain.

I might have issues with casting, but I'm digging the uber realistic and gritty take that Goyer and Snyder have crafted....

That trailer looks like it came right off of Miller's pages and honestly it frames the context of the upcoming BvS movie perfectly.

Truly a cinematic spectacle to behold and it's less than 40 seconds in length.

I fully expect more good things from WB/DC.

Can anyone really believe that a major SA DC key like BB 28 will not continue to increase? We are talking about one of the great SA keys. It has been and will continue to follow the other great books like SC 4 and 22. While the great Marvel SA books lead the way to record level sales, DC's SA keys like BB 28 always follow suit. And it has been and always will be based on the interest and knowledge that SA collectors (emphasis on the word "collectors") have about the role these keys played during the beginnings of the second greatest age of comics and the history of the American Comic Book. The shortsighted speculation bumps that other mediums provide whether film or a new line of underwear and bed sheets, come and go. The knowledge of the significance of these great SA keys is already recorded for posterity to enjoy and cherish. Future collectors will look back at the great SA and its Marvel and DC treasures. From there these collectors will pick up where we (collectors today) left off. They won't be looking for these books 5-10-20 years from now because Ben Affleck played Batman or Iron Man 3 made a billion dollars. The books and the great age they represent have been and will continue to draw interest. BB 28 is one of these books.

And the speculators will search for the "uranium fields in Asbury Park..."

Can anyone really believe that a major SA DC key like BB 28 will not continue to increase? We are talking about one of the great SA keys. It has been and will continue to follow the other great books like SC 4 and 22. While the great Marvel SA books lead the way to record level sales, DC's SA keys like BB 28 always follow suit. And it has been and always will be based on the interest and knowledge that SA collectors (emphasis on the word "collectors") have about the role these keys played during the beginnings of the second greatest age of comics and the history of the American Comic Book. The shortsighted speculation bumps that other mediums provide whether film or a new line of underwear and bed sheets, come and go. The knowledge of the significance of these great SA keys is already recorded for posterity to enjoy and cherish. Future collectors will look back at the great SA and its Marvel and DC treasures. From there these collectors will pick up where we (collectors today) left off. They won't be looking for these books 5-10-20 years from now because Ben Affleck played Batman or Iron Man 3 made a billion dollars. The books and the great age they represent have been and will continue to draw interest. BB 28 is one of these books.

And the speculators will search for the "uranium fields in Asbury Park..."

I never said it wouldn't increase. I just said the movie bump is already taken into the price. I even said there would probably be another slight bump around when the movie is released. I just don't see it doubling in the next two years like it doubled in the last two years. I personally think BB 28 is a great book that was vastly undervalued for a long time. I just don't think it's undervalued now.