• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazine Selling / Trading Thread ONLY
17 17

898 posts in this topic

I'm not the seller, but I guess I can put this here?

There's a Best of Blazing Combat Anthology on daBay right now for a BIN of $29.95--not in pristine condition, but not terrible, either.  I'm tempted to snag it as an extra copy myself, but I thought I would give everyone the heads up in case someone still needs an affordable copy, before I hoard a 2nd.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166064322956

If it's still there in a couple of days, I can't promise it will still be there in three...

Edited by Axe Elf

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125976537001

National Lampoon Magazine Sep 79 VACATION 58 CGC 9.2 HIGHEST & ONLY GRADED COPY!.  Talk about rare!  There is only 1 copy of this book on the census and you're looking at it...plus it's graded a 9.2 by CGC!  If you don't know...John Hughes featured a short story in this magazine which was supposed to be featured the month before in the Vacation Issue...but it was delayed until this issue.  His story Vacation 58 inspired the series of Vacation films staring Chevy Chase and the sequel/remake that came out not to long ago.

Another plus...this is a Brand New Slab I just received back on 06/14/2023!

Own a piece of history!  

Book will be packaged with care and with proper insurance.  

CGC # 4249528001

Also in my store on Ebay I have extremly rare graded copies of Cracked Magazine 2,3,4,6.  

Well, from the just completed Heritage Sunday Auction, I imagine there's absolutely zero love for the Fangoria mags as they got zero bids for Fangoria 1 - 10, without a single one of them selling:  :(

https://comics.ha.com/itm/magazines/horror/fangoria-1-incomplete-o-quinn-studios-1979-cgc-qualified-fn-vf-70-white-pages/a/122329-15243.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Archive-ThisAuction-120115

Magazines:Horror, Fangoria #1 Incomplete (O'Quinn Studios, 1979) CGC Qualified FN/VF 7.0 White pages....

I imagine the absence of the poster which affected the text had a lot to do with it, but still a big loss for the consignor who wasted both their time and mioney to have them all graded and slabbed.  :tonofbricks:

On 7/18/2023 at 7:45 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, from the just completed Heritage Sunday Auction, I imagine there's absolutely zero love for the Fangoria mags as they got zero bids for Fangoria 1 - 10, without a single one of them selling:  :(

https://comics.ha.com/itm/magazines/horror/fangoria-1-incomplete-o-quinn-studios-1979-cgc-qualified-fn-vf-70-white-pages/a/122329-15243.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Archive-ThisAuction-120115

Magazines:Horror, Fangoria #1 Incomplete (O'Quinn Studios, 1979) CGC Qualified FN/VF 7.0 White pages....

I imagine the absence of the poster which affected the text had a lot to do with it, but still a big loss for the consignor who wasted both their time and mioney to have them all graded and slabbed.  :tonofbricks:

Looking at the lot, and checking MCS's supply of the title, I can't see why anybody would have consigned them in the first place.  Just the buyer's premium and shipping costs would push the prices too high to be worth bothering on qualified books, even if you got them at the minimum bid, I would think.

On 7/18/2023 at 5:46 PM, OtherEric said:

Looking at the lot, and checking MCS's supply of the title, I can't see why anybody would have consigned them in the first place.  Just the buyer's premium and shipping costs would push the prices too high to be worth bothering on qualified books, even if you got them at the minimum bid, I would think.

Yeah! Unless he just wanted them slabbed to keep for himself and something happened, I don't get it either. (shrug)

On 7/18/2023 at 9:54 AM, batmiesta said:
On 7/18/2023 at 9:46 AM, OtherEric said:

Yeah! Unless he just wanted them slabbed to keep for himself and something happened, I don't get it either. (shrug)

Tot tell you the honest truth, doesn't this actually apply to the large majority of the books sent into CCS/CGC for pressing and grading?  :p  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

On 1/31/2013 at 12:59 AM, Khumbu said:

Anyone interested in Vampirella's?

just a taste....

Vampirella #8 Fine/Very Fine

$48

Vampirella #13 Very Fine -

$45

Vampirella #14 Fine +

$25

Vampirella #20 Very Fine -

$35

Vampirella 1972 Annual Very Good/Fine

$75

Vampirella Special (Softcover) Very Fine -

$100

Books moved to my listings

I’m interested in Vampirella’s in top grade but they need to be Canadian Price Variants. Any of those? 

Also Creepy 146 CPV in 9.6-9.8 CPV 

Evening everyone,

Not sure if you all consider Captain Britain to be a magazine but it's certainly classified as such by the good people at CGC.

Am selling #1 and #8 from the 1976 series both in CGC 9.6 over on the golden/silver/bronze age selling thread.

any questions feel free to PM me :) 

Edited by rdz30606