• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazine Selling / Trading Thread ONLY
17 17

898 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2024 at 3:13 PM, Azkaban said:

okay guys this is some of what's coming tomorrow night over in Mixed in Jim's Collection  :gossip:

Some really nice Magazines a few comics and a few other surprises as well:whee:

411865686_889797142804073_4164747930978090985_n.thumb.jpg.be75820d405a6e0032cbd3406319077f.jpg.1e4baaaf1ce5bea2f46e118da7fdab6e.jpg

Did I miss it?

On 1/7/2024 at 12:32 AM, Axe Elf said:

Did I miss it?

there's some left (thumbsu

On 1/7/2024 at 12:57 AM, Azkaban said:

there's some left (thumbsu

I meant the KISS book specifically; I didn't see it listed in the sales thread.

On 1/7/2024 at 2:01 AM, Axe Elf said:

I meant the KISS book specifically; I didn't see it listed in the sales thread.

it was listed page 137 I think, but it sold :shy:

Edited by Azkaban

On 1/7/2024 at 7:12 AM, Azkaban said:

it was listed page 137 I think, but it sold :shy:

Ah yes; I'm an old KISS fan, but a relative comic newbie--I was scanning the recap posts for "KISS" and wasn't looking for "Marvel Super Special"!

On 1/19/2024 at 5:22 PM, mstrange said:

Horror Magazines/Comic sale this Saturday 4:30 PST in G/S/B age sale thread.

Preview

20240119_165833.jpg

Do you know off hand if the Comix International is the version with two Corben stories, or three?

On 1/19/2024 at 5:50 PM, OtherEric said:

Do you know off hand if the Comix International is the version with two Corben stories, or three?

Which issue are you referencing I have #1,3,4, and 5. They are all full of Corben stories.

On 1/19/2024 at 8:43 PM, mstrange said:

Which issue are you referencing I have #1,3,4, and 5. They are all full of Corben stories.

#4 has an "A" and a "B" version...

One of them has "The Power and the Gory" as the 2nd story, and the other one has a different story as the "Surprise Bonus Story" (as the Contents page reads in both versions)--but right now I can't remember the name of the second story in the other version.

ETA: "Pure As Snow" is the 2nd story in version B.

...and, I should probably add that whichever version @OtherEric wants is WAY more valuable than the other.

:)

Edited by Axe Elf

On 1/19/2024 at 7:58 PM, Axe Elf said:

#4 has an "A" and a "B" version...

One of them has "The Power and the Gory" as the 2nd story, and the other one has a different story as the "Surprise Bonus Story" (as the Contents page reads in both versions)--but right now I can't remember the name of the second story in the other version.

ETA: "Pure As Snow" is the 2nd story in version B.

...and, I should probably add that whichever version @OtherEric wants is WAY more valuable than the other.

:)

Thanks for the info will have to check on that.  

Hello all,

For anyone intrigued / interested I've decided to sell my copy of Mighty World of Marvel #1.....am open to offers on it and both of the other books obvs :).  I'm selling it alongside a DD 158 and Transformers #1 UK Magazine in census busting CGC 9.6 condition.

Question to the magazine peeps here: I have 122 raw issues of the Creepy run in varying grades from low to high grade (each issue is assigned a grade). It presents nicely as a set as everything is double boarded and in mylars. I don't mind packing it up in 3 boxes for shipping - that's not a big deal.

Do you guys see it being realistic to sell the lot at a discount altogether or either sell it in smaller chunks and single issues? I'm more concerned about being left with straggling issues rather than making a huge profit on them, so I'd personally would like to sell as a lot (I mean, who wouldn't) - but I don't know how effective that would be to do so.

On 1/26/2024 at 11:34 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Question to the magazine peeps here: I have 122 raw issues of the Creepy run in varying grades from low to high grade (each issue is assigned a grade). It presents nicely as a set as everything is double boarded and in mylars. I don't mind packing it up in 3 boxes for shipping - that's not a big deal.

Do you guys see it being realistic to sell the lot at a discount altogether or either sell it in smaller chunks and single issues? I'm more concerned about being left with straggling issues rather than making a huge profit on them, so I'd personally would like to sell as a lot (I mean, who wouldn't) - but I don't know how effective that would be to do so.

On Ebay, Neat Stuff Collectibles runs auctions every week using Runs or large lots. They seem to do well. I am not certain that translates well to the boardies. We tend to be picky. Like to choose our books individually. There are a few people that try to sell lots here, often, and I do not think they have had consistent success. If you tried to sell as a lot, I bet you would get PM's from people here that are dealers to buy at an even greater discount.

There are other boardie's that just keep discounting until everything is gone. It is an option if you sell individually. 

The thing that bothers me the most is paying for shipping on one (1) book. I find if I join a sales thread, I tend to stay there knowing that buying more spreads out my shipping cost. 

There are some serious magazine collectors here but I would think most of them have large portions of the run. 

I am not certain I am helping. Just sharing random thoughts. 

I think you would have to offer a massive discount to sell them in one shot. I think selling the more expensive issues individually and then bulking up the rest into lots might work. But honestly there have been many sales here where that would just be issue by issue. People gobble them up if they are priced fair.