• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego Con-Any Reports Yet?

150 posts in this topic

I was at the Con on Wednesday. I enjoyed Greggy's report from last year so much that I'm going to hold off on any comments until after he has given his report. I will say this: the convention is larger since they opened H section. There are a LOT of great books, even more Timelys than last year, and all indications so far are very good. Sorry to not give you more, but I don't want to take away from Greggy's excellent and full commentary soon to come. 893blahblah.gifthumbsup2.gif

I did see Leonardo DiCaprio there on Wednesday night. He was checking out the restored CGC 9.4 Marvel Comics #1....

That guy must spend $500,000 a month out his "mad money" budget alone. If I had his money I'd pay to shut the con down for a few hours while I walk around with a shopping cart loading up the books.

Here are links to Mile High Chuck's con reports. Apparently he will be doing one every day. There are also pictures at the bottom of his reports.

Wednesday - July 21

Thursday - July 22

Oh yeah and Where's Greggy? leftcon.GIF

You have to give Chuck credit for taking the time to give daily reports. That trade paperback booth is pretty cool. And his daugther, giddy up. devil.gif

Here are links to Mile High Chuck's con reports. Apparently he will be doing one every day. There are also pictures at the bottom of his reports.

Wednesday - July 21

Thursday - July 22

Oh yeah and Where's Greggy? leftcon.GIF

You have to give Chuck credit for taking the time to give daily reports. That trade paperback booth is pretty cool. And his daugther, giddy up. devil.gif

shocked.gif893naughty-thumb.gifmakepoint.gifsign-funnypost.gif

If I had his money I'd pay to shut the con down for a few hours while I walk around with a shopping cart loading up the books.

I'd pay to see that. 27_laughing.gif

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! MR. M. JACKSON would like to view the toys in the convention hall. All visitors will please exit through the west hall in five minutes.

Titto, Please pass Mr. Jackson a tissue,...

If I had his money I'd pay to shut the con down for a few hours while I walk around with a shopping cart loading up the books.

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! MR. M. JACKSON would like to view the toys in the convention hall. All visitors will please exit through the west hall in five minutes.

news.gif This just in: Bill Gates has decided to become a Bronze Age Horror Comic Collector. Find something else to collect! He suggests you collect old versions of Window95. He thinks they will be very collectible shortly! 27_laughing.gif

news.gif This just in: Bill Gates has decided to become a Bronze Age Horror Comic Collector. Find something else to collect! He suggests you collect old versions of Window95. He thinks they will be very collectible shortly! 27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

sign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

news.gif Arnold, The "Govornater" got a little steamed at my last comment & has shut the Con down. My Bad times 2. foreheadslap.gifsorry.gif

I went down for the day. Didnt find anything I wanted and the few things I did find that I wanted were way overpriced. It was cool to see so many nice books in one hall though. Although last time I was there was 2 years ago, it seems like the ratio of dealers selling books to the ratio of everything else is a lot smaller(toys, random companies, etc) The first time I went to San Diego was about 13 years ago when I got my drivers license(oh the memories) and it seemed like the convention center was pretty much all dealers where as now its just a fraction.

I went down for the day. Didnt find anything I wanted and the few things I did find that I wanted were way overpriced. It was cool to see so many nice books in one hall though. Although last time I was there was 2 years ago, it seems like the ratio of dealers selling books to the ratio of everything else is a lot smaller(toys, random companies, etc) The first time I went to San Diego was about 13 years ago when I got my drivers license(oh the memories) and it seemed like the convention center was pretty much all dealers where as now its just a fraction.

It really all depends on what your collecting. If your only looking for Ultra High Grade books, they are going to stick it to you. I guarantee that. There was a lot of "Rape & Pillage" pricing going on, but not everywhere. You've just got to look.

As for the Dealer section, it does seem to get somewhat smaller year after year, but the convention hall itself continues to expand, making any section appear smaller. There usually are a couple of dealers who decide not to attend, but IMHO it's just a finacial decision on thier part. Anyway, I'm looking forward to Greggy's report! juggle.gif

Anyone check out the CGC booth at SD.

Is that Burnout Peter Dixon Hanging around again? popcorn.gif

Jealous that you had to hold down the fort, Doug?

yeah...me too... sorry.gif

Steve made an illegal pass of a unmarked cop car and missed his flight. Enuff said. He blames you Paul. tongue.gif

news.gif Good, I will hold out for all of my top census House of Mystery books for $1billion dollars....

drevil.jpg

news.gif Good, I will hold out for all of my top census House of Mystery books for $1billion dollars....

drevil.jpg

27_laughing.gif "That's DR. EVIL! I didn't spend nine years in medical school to be called Mr., thank you!" Good one! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Steve made an illegal pass of a unmarked cop car and missed his flight. Enuff said. He blames you Paul. tongue.gif

Hey Greggy,

San Diego Comic Con report? popcorn.gif