• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego Con-Any Reports Yet?

150 posts in this topic

I am interested to hear how the convention is going, since with two small children I can't go this year. Sob.

Just talked to Lighthouse. Seems like it's going really well.

Nostalgic Investments (I think that's the name) has a sweet run of Fawcett comics - we are talking a huge run of CGC graded comics 9.0 minimum up to 9.6 - lots of 9.4s. I collect Captain Marvels so I was impressed. Even the 9.0 at 1.5x guide were out of my price range, but a very impressive collection - I belive they are from the Crowley (?) collection per the CGC label.

I did see Leonardo DiCaprio there on Wednesday night. He was checking out the restored CGC 9.4 Marvel Comics #1....

Didn't see much else exciting for me personally - although I've walked pass Bob's table a few times eyeing some Avengers comics that he has....

Nostalgic Investments (I think that's the name) has a sweet run of Fawcett comics - we are talking a huge run of CGC graded comics 9.0 minimum up to 9.6 - lots of 9.4s. I collect Captain Marvels so I was impressed. Even the 9.0 at 1.5x guide were out of my price range, but a very impressive collection - I belive they are from the Crowley (?) collection per the CGC label.

Those books are indeed the other part of the Crowley collection. Bechara Maloof owns them and there was a recent article in Scoop that reported he would be bringing the collection to the con. His prices are notoriously high and he doesn't bargain much, so I didn't think there would be any good deals. 1.5 times guide for any Fawcett that is less than 9.4 is nuts. There was also a rumor that he paid more than 1/2 million for the collection included the grading. Ouch.

The Convention doesn't seem that big this year actually, but I may just be getting used to the new hall. It's still huge. Even eBay is there with their kiosks. Most of the comics are relegated to one end of the hall.

Lots of dealers with 50% off the marked price sales (pretty standard now)

There are some dealers with some good deals though. (I'll buy SA readers for $1-3 dollars all day long.)

Since when does Chuck have "chicks" working for him?

confused-smiley-013.gif1089.jpg

Cool job by Chuck with the pictures, however.

893applaud-thumb.gif

gossip.gif That's his daughter!

Well, He finally DID something right! 27_laughing.gif