• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackacre

379 posts in this topic

I really doubt anyone has passed over this book on purpose. There isn't a book nowadays that isn't getting speculator notice now due to new boardies on here.

After the first trade if you don't see a good pickup in the book then it might be telling you something. As far as locally 2-4 still sit on the rack, but my LCS only ordered a couple of copies.

But yes since no hint of a movie this book will be a harder sell cuz many just looking to find the next WD kinda sad in a way.

Although I am glad to see someone reads and post about beside Comical because yes we are thinking he is crazy by now. (Sorry someone had to say it.)

I really doubt anyone has passed over this book on purpose. There isn't a book nowadays that isn't getting speculator notice now due to new boardies on here.

After the first trade if you don't see a good pickup in the book then it might be telling you something. As far as locally 2-4 still sit on the rack, but my LCS only ordered a couple of copies.

But yes since no hint of a movie this book will be a harder sell cuz many just looking to find the next WD kinda sad in a way.

Although I am glad to see someone reads and post about beside Comical because yes we are thinking he is crazy by now. (Sorry someone had to say it.)

lol Just hoping if I keep talking about it people on here will give it a chance. As far as I know it's the writer's first outing so not surprised there's no movie buzz yet. I honestly think the pace of the story tells me it'll be something that'll be uber hot starting after issue ten or twelve. Lots of subplots and character development. If I'd known that there was a sig series chance at ecc I would've been all over it.

Yup call me crazy but it's a good book.

It took Sixth Gun approximately 32 months for the majority to finally notice it. I read it 2 yrs ago, only due to my comic shop guy buggin me to read it every week. I thank him for that.

Be patient. Only a handful of issues are even out right now. Scoop up #1's every so often. Put them away. Then in two years, when everyone finally "regonizes" this book, we can look back at page 27 of this thread and laugh about it. The stories too good to be left unnoticed.

It took Sixth Gun approximately 32 months for the majority to finally notice it. I read it 2 yrs ago, only due to my comic shop guy buggin me to read it every week. I thank him for that.

Be patient. Only a handful of issues are even out right now. Scoop up #1's every so often. Put them away. Then in two years, when everyone finally "regonizes" this book, we can look back at page 27 of this thread and laugh about it. The stories too good to be left unnoticed.

If Sixth Gun was published by Image, I really doubt it would have gone unnoticed by so many for so long. It is a very good comic.

Blackacre, not so much.

lol Just hoping if I keep talking about it people on here will give it a chance. As far as I know it's the writer's first outing so not surprised there's no movie buzz yet. I honestly think the pace of the story tells me it'll be something that'll be uber hot starting after issue ten or twelve. Lots of subplots and character development. If I'd known that there was a sig series chance at ecc I would've been all over it.

Yup call me crazy but it's a good book.

+1 After reading the last issue, you can see where the pace will pick up and just all the twists and turns. I think the writer is doing a decent job for this being their first outing. How many Marvel Now! books have we all read from established writers that just are no good?! Thunderbolts is the first to come to mind!! A good read that isn't plagued by the variant cover bug.

Interesting viewpoints.

Disclosure: I do own multiple copies of the book

However, after reading 4 issues, there are couple of things that I think is holding the book back

• main character does not really standout, like todd or tony chu or helheim's viking
  • plot does not hint at anything really exciting about the world. With Chew, you get a sense of different food powers. With Fables, you know there is a rich history. With Blackacre, the world sounds really boring
  • supporting characters are also not quite interesting.

Overall, it is just a plain book that doesn't hint at anything special. Contrasting this with East of West or Helheim and I can see why these titles are generating more buzz.

I honestly thought the writing in Blackacre was rubbish. All this talk about it being amazing, maybe I should go back and give it another read through. Then again, this is a fan thread. lol

I honestly thought the writing in Blackacre was rubbish. All this talk about it being amazing, maybe I should go back and give it another read through. Then again, this is a fan thread. lol

I think its poo but to each his own. Not everyone can love every book.

Blacacre has a story to tell, It might take a while but when its out and the pieces fall in place people are going to be scrambling to grab this book ! There is a lot to come and good or bad I am riding this book to the end ! These guys are new and you can see them growing with each issue. The ideas are unique and i love the direction .