• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,726 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2021 at 12:58 PM, gadzukes said:

You can get a 5.0 Xmen 1 for the same money.

So which would you rather have...... A nice Silver Age mid grade Xmen 1 featuring the 1st appearances of many A-list marvel characters, or a 9.8 of a Bronze Age Strange Tales 169 featuring the 1st appearance of a C-list marvel character?

Don't get me wrong, I like Brother VooDoo but.......

Good point but how about… neither. It’s a market I like to sell into. (Only thing I’m overpaying on are Archie’s and GA Joker covers.)  White Tiger first appearance in Spectacular SpiderMan 9 going for $500 or so in graded 9.8. Here’s a raw copy that just got a new bag. 

76F6ABB1-92B9-4FF6-8843-D1A5035113CB.jpeg

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Good point but how about… neither. It’s a market I like to sell into. (Only thing I’m overpaying on are Archie’s and GA Joker covers.)  White Tiger first appearance in Spectacular SpiderMan 9 going for $500 or so in graded 9.8. Here’s a raw copy that just got a new bag. 

76F6ABB1-92B9-4FF6-8843-D1A5035113CB.jpeg

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu 19 is the first appearance. This is the first in, er...comic-sized comics.

Hey...I knew they would eventually bring one of my favorite villain teams (Wrecking Crew) to the MCU.

FWIW, Defenders #17, #18, and #19 are tough...tough...tough books to find in CGC 9.8.

On 7/6/2021 at 2:41 PM, da.amazing.spiderman said:
Hey...I knew they would eventually bring one of my favorite villain teams (Wrecking Crew) to the MCU.

FWIW, Defenders #17, #18, and #19 are tough...tough...tough books to find in CGC 9.8.

My #18 that I happened to put up for auction has now exploded in price.  It’s only a 8.0 so higher grade copies must be crazy priced

5 hours ago, 1Cool said:

My #18 that I happened to put up for auction has now exploded in price.  It’s only a 8.0 so higher grade copies must be crazy priced

You stated, "It’s only a 8.0 so higher grade copies must be crazy priced."

Hmmmm...How about a Defenders #18 (CGC 9.8 ; White Pages) with an asking price of $12K on Ebay?  

Is that "crazy" enough?

19 hours ago, da.amazing.spiderman said:

You stated, "It’s only a 8.0 so higher grade copies must be crazy priced."

Hmmmm...How about a Defenders #18 (CGC 9.8 ; White Pages) with an asking price of $12K on Ebay?  

Is that "crazy" enough?

I think that would qualify! :ohnoez:

On 5/1/2021 at 6:30 PM, dikran1 said:

Isn’t SW 42 first Bossk? Or is he just on the cover?

With a cameo inside, wouldn't that essentially be a 1st Bishop situation? Not sure why the market would prefer the 1st full for Bossk, unless it's because the market is already crazy for 42.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

On 5/9/2021 at 2:12 AM, Crimebuster said:

Maybe I can help. For instance, in this sequence from issue #23:

2012217207_ConanTheBarbarian023-p15_02.thumb.jpg.780f70a69a3fe9eff71a89b006b360aa.jpg

...Red Sonja is the character busting through the gate at the head of an army while screaming that her name is Red Sonja. 

No, it's a qualified statement. Her name is only Red Sonja if they give the devils scarlet wine to drink that dawn. Which they don't do until issue 24, which is why that issue is more important. Cuz otherwise her NAME'S NOT RED SONJA!

On 5/11/2021 at 7:35 PM, Readcomix said:

True, the original Crimson Dynamo first appears in TOS #46, a silver age book, but that is entirely beside the point I was making. Maybe I was unclear; maybe you misread. 

You had pointed out that Hulk #258 is heating up and includes the first appearance of the Soviet Super-Soldiers, a team comprised on one of the bajillion Crimson Dynamos, Darkstar, Vanguard and Ursa Major. I was just adding that three years earlier, the same team except for Ursa Major, appeared in Iron Man #109, without calling themselves by any team name. That is why I was analogizing it to Brave and the Bold #54 and the Teen Titans. Iron Man #109 has no heat and may as well be grabbed now if the suspicion is there's heat around the team. (As @the blob pointed out, the Hulk #258 heat may only be around Ursa Major, who apparently will appear in the Black Widow movie.)

Soviet Super-Soldiers' individual first appearances:

Crimson Dynamo - TOS #46 (original version, Alex Nevsky). Dmitri Bukharin, the "good guy" Crimson Dynamo of the Soviet Super-Soldiers, first appears in Iron Man #109. But Nevsky was the original "villain" Crimson Dynamo from TOS.

Darkstar - Champions #7

Vanguard - Iron Man #109 (he is Darkstar's brother)

Ursa Major - Hulk #258 (also first time team is called the Soviet Super-Soldiers)

Sorry for any confusion; you put out a lot of good info here and its appreciated! I was just pointiing out a still-under-the-radar Soviet Super Soldiers book. 

You could always add their first appearance in their own title to the mix (but that's Modern):

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Soviet_Super_Soldiers_Vol_1_1

On 6/9/2021 at 7:25 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

(shrug)

325FAD09-5A12-4A10-82A3-5C649ACA2F44.jpeg

As noted, they may not meet, but this is a nice cover, so I could see people going for this issue anyway. I could see hilarity ensuing as people hear Daredevil Annual 4 is taking off because of Namor/Black Panther, and then going and grabbing the annual from 1989, which was supposed to be #5, but incorrectly numbered as 4 on the cover, and part of the Atlantis Attacks storyline.

Thor 281 - 282 , a nice little story and some of Pollards best work - lot of really cool backgrounds by him and Marcos especially in 281.

Very tiny CGC population compared to other books recent MCU has made hot - probably due to apathy and 40 years of sitting in dealer's discount bins.
thor282cgc98.thumb.JPG.f2f76eee01384319e608021e11ebc343.JPG

Edited by All-Star Squadman