• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,726 posts in this topic

There is a Iron Fist #14 35c CGC 6.0 that is at a good bid price but the seller put a crazy reserve on it that no one will meet.

:facepalm: $10k buy-it-now and I do not want a copy that bad.

There is a Iron Fist #14 35c CGC 6.0 that is at a good bid price but the seller put a crazy reserve on it that no one will meet.

:facepalm: $10k buy-it-now and I do not want a copy that bad.

Huh? I am not seeing it. Where is that?

http://outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed.ebay.com/outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?campid=5336393608&toolid=10013&customId=comic-books%2Foverview&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F400473677331

Sorry about that. I think this is the link.

It has 4 bids but is up to $609.97 and still has not hit the reserve.

Many thanks vader2001, this is very interesting.

For some reason, even if I log in from eBay.com (I am in Italy but I occasionally buy from the various eBay sites, besides .com and .it), if a seller has set up the shipping for US only apparently the listings do not appear in a search.

This has happened me in the past, but I was usually able to circumvent it by simply modifying the URL. Now, even if I set up the address of a US friend as my main shipping address, results do not come up in a search… :(

Edited by vaillant

P.S. This is a lot of money for those price variants. Of course Iron Fist 14 is a collected book because of Sabretooth, but nonetheless those price variants are… pricey! :P
No...the seller is crazy. If he had no reserve on it then he might get more bidders or better offers.

The seller deals with SPORTS CARDS and has no idea of comic pricing or how graded books do on EBay.

I would write the seller and explain this to him before you make a bid on it.

P.S. This is a lot of money for those price variants. Of course Iron Fist 14 is a collected book because of Sabretooth, but nonetheless those price variants are… pricey! :P
No...the seller is crazy. If he had no reserve on it then he might get more bidders or better offers.

The seller deals with SPORTS CARDS and has no idea of comic pricing or how graded books do on EBay.

I also wonder where this "comicdome" is that the seller speaks of. Sounds like a cool place.

Is it like the Bio-Dome?

Jimmy Olsen #134 2 copies @ $227+ & 15 bids. PURE MADNESS! :insane:

DC Style Guide @ $175 & 1 bid.

Marvel Value Stamp Book @ $150 & 1 bid.

Marvel Super Heroes #18 $102+ & 2 bids.

Marvel Preview #7 @ $55 & 8 bids.

I haven't checked the others, but Jimmy Olsen and Super Heroes are crazy.

Both of the Jimmy's have a detached cover at the top staple and the Super Heroes is not "high grade" unless 7-ish is high.

Mayhaps it's time to ditch sell my copies.... hm

I also wonder where this "comicdome" is that the seller speaks of. Sounds like a cool place.

Is it like the Bio-Dome?

I got turned off by the reserve...as well as the ridiculous buy it now. Why would I pay more for a fine than the 9.2 that was up a couple years ago?

Jimmy Olsen #134 2 copies @ $227+ & 15 bids. PURE MADNESS! :insane:

DC Style Guide @ $175 & 1 bid.

Marvel Value Stamp Book @ $150 & 1 bid.

Marvel Super Heroes #18 $102+ & 2 bids.

Marvel Preview #7 @ $55 & 8 bids.

I haven't checked the others, but Jimmy Olsen and Super Heroes are crazy.

Both of the Jimmy's have a detached cover at the top staple and the Super Heroes is not "high grade" unless 7-ish is high.

Mayhaps it's time to ditch sell my copies.... hm

hm:grin:

Both of the Jimmy's have a detached cover at the top staple.

That! :sick:

I readily admit that my copies have some CB creases and such, but even with the gloss on the eBay ones, the detached covers has to drop it some, right?

-- dave