• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Speculating on 1st villain appearances based on movie hype can result in whiplash.

:roflmao: Classic.

i still think you could have made money on that if you didn't overpay

just looking at my old sales and criminey, this thanos spike in prices has been going on for almost a year! I just got $130+ for a g/vgish copy.

good golly, why didn't i buy a palette of these when it was a $10 book in that condition!?!?! even then it sort of made sense to do so.

1975 Marvel Preview #2 vf/nm @ $26 & 23 bids.

Wonder Woman #200 @ $24 & 13 bids.

Ms. Marvel #1 @ $31 & 12 bids.

Superman #233 vf/nm @ $22 & 9 bids.

See more results anytime. (thumbs u

I wonder why Superman #233 is taking off? hm

It's always dome ok.

Classic Iconic Neal Adams cover. Sorta key, where all the Kryptonite on earth gets turned to iron.

Agreed. (thumbs u

It is not a cheap book in guide in any event.

Ms. Marvel 1 sort of surprises me.

there is no way that ms. marvel 1 result is real

I believe is was discovered in the general comic section that the seller has ties to Dumpcake, or however you spell it. So I would imagine at this time we should throw out this listing and focus on other past sales.

Edited by whetteon

Speculating on 1st villain appearances based on movie hype can result in whiplash.

:roflmao: Classic.

i still think you could have made money on that if you didn't overpay

just looking at my old sales and criminey, this thanos spike in prices has been going on for almost a year! I just got $130+ for a g/vgish copy.

good golly, why didn't i buy a palette of these when it was a $10 book in that condition!?!?! even then it sort of made sense to do so.

You could redeem your mistake by buying up copies of Avengers 55.

The bidder in that auction, i***j is basically bumping his own book. They have a 53% bid activity with that seller and only 10 feedback so yeah, scamming their own auction. How the other people got involved once it passed $40 is anyone's guess.

I have issues #1-5 in NM+ condition and I could never get anyone interested enough when selling them for $10 an issue on these boards. I was pretty excited to see it go up to $30. lol. (shrug)

You would think the final value fees for not actually selling a comic listed as sold would catch up with shillers but I guess a couple of successful shill would pay for the scam. (shrug)

Marvel Preview #4 seems to be doing well still. There's a FN+ that went for $225 BIN.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=marvel+preview+7&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=marvel+preview+4&_sacat=0

If the new GOTG comic is solid and the movie is a hit, I think this book could be huge. Star-Lord would need to be a character that people could somehow relate to, though.

Ms. Marvel is definitely spiking - I'm getting strong results for raw copies.

Wow, I wouldn't have thought....going through a long box, found a bunch in pretty much unread shape - 3 and up issues - was going to $1-2 them out. Amazing how the cycles work.

Marvel Preview #4 seems to be doing well still. There's a FN+ that went for $225 BIN.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=marvel+preview+7&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=marvel+preview+4&_sacat=0

If the new GOTG comic is solid and the movie is a hit, I think this book could be huge. Star-Lord would need to be a character that people could somehow relate to, though.

Sweet catch Bronzebaker. (thumbs u

Ms. Marvel is definitely spiking - I'm getting strong results for raw copies.

sure, $15-$25 I can believe, but the one I was questioning was over $100, raw

Daredevil #158 - $43 & 6 bids with 11 watchers.

Uncanny X-Men #141 - $35 & 22 bids with 28 watchers and a little fire symbol next to it! :ohnoez:

Captain Marvel #33 vf+/nm - $36 & 17 bids with 17 watchers.

Captain Marvel #25 in vf+/nm - $20 & 6 bids with 17 watchers.

$20 for the Captaim Marvel 25 in 9.0 (if it is in 9.0) is actually a pretty terrible result. I believe I got $50 or $60 not long ago for a 9.2 of #26.

Uncanny X-Men #141 - $35 & 22 bids with 28 watchers and a little fire symbol next to it! :ohnoez:

$43 for he xmen 141 with the corner fold and whatever else is probably a pretty good price, though i suspect it didn't have the corner fold before he tried to scan it/take a pic of it

$20 for the Captaim Marvel 25 in 9.0 (if it is in 9.0) is actually a pretty terrible result. I believe I got $50 or $60 not long ago for a 9.2 of #26.

#26 is the first Thanos cover.... it might have more interest...

Considering I bought my raw copy back in 2007 for $10 and that was NM+, I disagree.