• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,726 posts in this topic

Exxxxcellent. My plan is working....

Congratulations. I spent 5 minutes earlier today researching that book because you mentioned it. Nearly bought one too. lol

Damn you RMA. Damn you.

Congratulations. I spent 5 minutes earlier today researching that book because you mentioned it. Nearly bought one too. lol

Damn you RMA. Damn you.

You wanna know the best part...?

I literally pulled that issue out of thin air. Had no clue what was in it.

But watch...

:cloud9:

Damn you RMA. Damn you.

But watch...

Surprise Ant-Man movie villain to compliment Crossfire? :wishluck:

As if "Yellowjacket" wasn't bad enough. lol:(

ACTUALLY....

There ARE quite a few Bronze Age first appearances...and of fairly important characters...that don't get (as) much love.

Spotlight #32, X-Men #107, X-Men #109, X-Men #121, Astonishing Tales #25 (this has been rectified a bit since the Shield series), Spotlight #2, etc.

Let Marvel make an Alpha Flight movie, and #120-121 become $1,000+ books again in 9.8.

Oh I already have the book. I just don't see what the big deal is with it.

Night Flyer is going to be the new Wolverine.

Why not? (shrug) Apparently someone is telling everyone Rat Queens is going to be the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. So we might as well have someone pumping something as the new Wolverine.

ACTUALLY....

There ARE quite a few Bronze Age first appearances...and of fairly important characters...that don't get (as) much love.

Spotlight #32, X-Men #107, X-Men #109, X-Men #121, Astonishing Tales #25 (this has been rectified a bit since the Shield series), Spotlight #2, etc.

Let Marvel make an Alpha Flight movie, and #120-121 become $1,000+ books again in 9.8.

Captain America #208 is the first appearance of a substantial Marvel movie villain as well.

i didn't know there was an issue on Gamora's first full appearance. i thought all the while it was Strange Tales 180

If you read both issues, 180 comes off more like a cameo and her name isn't revealed until #181

Sorry fellas, I agree with CGC ST 180 is the first appearance Gamora not cameo. She is talking and shown in multiple panels and key part in the current story. No way CGC changes this.

reference: similar issue

iron man 118

There is not much dispute on this one, 180 is first.

I agree with the contention that #180 is more of a cameo appearance. Just read them recently, and came away with that perspective.

RMA do you know a book that has similar character appearance that was labeled Cameo? when I say similar, I am not talking the last page or where the story refers to a book that wasn't released in local comic shops yet.

Damn you RMA. Damn you.

But watch...

It wouldn't have worked without an obscure first appearance.

The odds of randomly selecting such a book is very, very low.

so ... :eyeroll:

i didn't know there was an issue on Gamora's first full appearance. i thought all the while it was Strange Tales 180

If you read both issues, 180 comes off more like a cameo and her name isn't revealed until #181

Sorry fellas, I agree with CGC ST 180 is the first appearance Gamora not cameo. She is talking and shown in multiple panels and key part in the current story. No way CGC changes this.

reference: similar issue

iron man 118

There is not much dispute on this one, 180 is first.

I agree with the contention that #180 is more of a cameo appearance. Just read them recently, and came away with that perspective.

RMA do you know a book that has similar character appearance that was labeled Cameo? when I say similar, I am not talking the last page or where the story refers to a book that wasn't released in local comic shops yet.

Omega Men #3. His first "full" appearance isn't until #10.

X-Men #120. Alpha appears on several pages within the story.

That's just off the top of my head.

Damn you RMA. Damn you.

But watch...

And yet, that's precisely what happened.

Why are you calling me a liar? Especially over such an utterly inconsequential fact, about a book about which no one cares, and has little redeeming quality, especially in light of my beyond obvious tongue-in-cheek "attempt" to "create buzz"?

Just so you understand, it is *difficult* to pick Bronze books that do NOT feature the first appearance of some random new superhero/villain. Marvel especially was throwing everything AND the kitchen sink at the wall during this period, to see what would stick. It's something that makes Bronze so unique.

Some people don't understand boundaries.

Damn you RMA. Damn you.

But watch...

And yet, that's precisely what happened.

Why are you calling me a liar? Especially over such an utterly inconsequential fact, about a book about which no one cares, and has little redeeming quality, especially in light of my beyond obvious tongue-in-cheek "attempt" to "create buzz"?

Some people don't understand boundaries.

Even I thought it was funny, especially when people really did start taking it seriously. :roflmao:

Here, watch, I'll come up with another random issue off the top of my head, having no clue what's in it:

Daredevil #127 is the next Hulk #271.

HYPE HYPE HYPE! :banana: I attempted that with the Fun and Games #8 as the third Groot. All the US copies for sale disappeared from EBay. lol

Just checked again....someone listed one with the Groot appearance noted and pictures of the inside. lol:banana: It's sooooooo easy.

Edited by *Bronze age fan*