• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,732 posts in this topic

i have been looking to get a cheap copy in a $2 or less box for about 5 years since I decided black adam seemed like an interesting character with no such luck, so I guess there aren't palettes of those sitting around at shows

Found a midgrade in Chicago for $2, but it's definitely not as easy to find as some of the other suddenly hot keys. I always check the Shazam section and it's (almost) always gone.

i have been looking to get a cheap copy in a $2 or less box for about 5 years since I decided black adam seemed like an interesting character with no such luck, so I guess there aren't palettes of those sitting around at shows

Found a midgrade in Chicago for $2, but it's definitely not as easy to find as some of the other suddenly hot keys. I always check the Shazam section and it's (almost) always gone.

I'm usually able to pull in at least 3 of every suddenly hot book right at the start of the frenzy. I only found one of these.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=&_sop=10&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=shazam+28

You have gotta be absolutely ting me right? Never in my time have I seen a price jump as quickly. Few days ago it was a $50 book max. It's SIX times as pricey now.

Not even Avengers 55 jumped that quick. Hell, FF 45 is more important too. What's the last book to make this jump? MP7? IM55?

lol I'd rather spend $300 on a GL 76 or ASM 300.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=&_sop=10&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=shazam+28

You have gotta be absolutely ting me right? Never in my time have I seen a price jump as quickly. Few days ago it was a $50 book max. It's SIX times as pricey now.

Not even Avengers 55 jumped that quick. Hell, FF 45 is more important too. What's the last book to make this jump? MP7? IM55?

Just amazing what has happened with the market and movie hype. I know it's been said about this and other books but this was a bargain bin book and probably still many copies linger in discount boxes.

(tsk)

WT EFFIN F???!!! And here I thought I did great selling mine for $75 back when the 1st hype bubble hit :facepalm:

WT EFFIN F???!!! And here I thought I did great selling mine for $75 back when the 1st hype bubble hit :facepalm:

So what did we learn from the Fear #19 bubble...

AAAAAAABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

I don't see how you can compare the two. Movement on one books is based on news that something is definitely happened, and the other on speculation that something might be happening that seems increasingly unlikely.

What bubble is that? A CGC 9.6 just sold on eBay for almost 1K.

Its the bubble that keeps on giving!

What difference...

A month makes

What difference...

A month makes

Sorry, I forgot you make your point with mid grade raw, my bad :sorry:

What difference...

A month makes

You win there ws no bubble.. I lied

What difference...

A month makes

No, you're right. The mid grade raw bubble already burst, while HG slabs have gone up.

What difference...

A month makes

No, you're right. The mid grade raw bubble already burst, while HG slabs have gone up.

There are OBVIOUSLY not enough F19 HG slabs for one to point to the price spike early august. In fact, there are not but one for Shazam 28.. Which is why I chose F19 as a point of comparison.. Clearly the topic was Shazam RAWS in all grades selling higher than before..

But if you must.. There is a F19 9.0 that sold for 600.00 early august and one that sold for 400.00 2 weeks ago.. but something tells me thats not gonna please you either.

What difference...

A month makes

There are OBVIOUSLY not enough F19 HG slabs for one to point to the price spike early august. In fact, there are not but one for Shazam 28.. Which is why I chose F19 as a point of comparison.. Clearly the topic was Shazam RAWS in all grades selling higher than before..

But if you must.. There is a F19 9.0 that sold for 600.00 early august and one that sold for 400.00 2 weeks ago.. but something tells me thats not gonna please you either.

Where are you getting your data? I couldn't find that on GPA?