• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=&_sop=10&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=shazam+28

You have gotta be absolutely ting me right? Never in my time have I seen a price jump as quickly. Few days ago it was a $50 book max. It's SIX times as pricey now.

Not even Avengers 55 jumped that quick. Hell, FF 45 is more important too. What's the last book to make this jump? MP7? IM55?

lol I'd rather spend $300 on a GL 76 or ASM 300.

or a few hundred more titles . Black Adam is not an A class villian ,and the Rock is a BAD actor.

From eBay..

which coincidentally is also the name of this thread :gossip:

Yes, but eBay sales of slabbed books show up on GPA and the sales you mention for 9.0's aren't there :gossip:

How often is GPA updated?

Seems like it only takes a few days (shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=&_sop=10&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=shazam+28

You have gotta be absolutely ting me right? Never in my time have I seen a price jump as quickly. Few days ago it was a $50 book max. It's SIX times as pricey now.

Not even Avengers 55 jumped that quick. Hell, FF 45 is more important too. What's the last book to make this jump? MP7? IM55?

lol I'd rather spend $300 on a GL 76 or ASM 300.

or a few hundred more titles . Black Adam is not an A class villian ,and the Rock is a BAD actor.

Glad somebody finally said it! About The Rock, not Black Adam

Edited by Lonzilla

From eBay..

Yes, but eBay sales of slabbed books show up on GPA and the sales you mention for 9.0's aren't there :gossip:

Yeah, it's pretty fast. From ebay, GPA almost certainly gets data in an automated fashion. Heritage might be a manual data dump. Do Greg Reece's sales turn up there?

That's the problem.

No matter who, or what he plays, all people see is "The Rock."

In Pain & Gain he teased the possibility of breaking free from the typecast curse,

but a tease is all it was.

That's the basic problem with pretty much any suggestion for professional wrestlers in movie roles. They can play a role, but just that one role. I will say that the Rock is better than most that tried expanding as an actor though.

Now I wanna pose a question here, I'm not searching for this book by any means, but if one stumbles across it in the wild, say a 5.0-6.0 copy for $50, do you pick it up?

wouldn't pick it up if i were wearing a hazmat suit and asbestos gloves

I just traded one in 6.0 for at least $200 worth of great books(if I'm being extremely conservative), so please let me know if you have a 5.0-6.0 copy available for $50.

I like money.

Now I wanna pose a question here, I'm not searching for this book by any means, but if one stumbles across it in the wild, say a 5.0-6.0 copy for $50, do you pick it up?

wouldn't pick it up if i were wearing a hazmat suit and asbestos gloves

I just traded one in 6.0 for at least $200 worth of great books(if I'm being extremely conservative), so please let me know if you have a 5.0-6.0 copy available for $50.

I like money.

So does the other guy . . . :baiting:

This is too much to pay for a random bronze age book. Are you talking Shazam 28? Everyone can say no on principle but if you can flip it fast enough you might make some $$$...

This has got to be the high water mark for speculative dumbassery in the hobby. I thought it couldn't get any worse than Foom 2 but here we are.

There have been others . . . but I agree, it's up there! lol

From eBay..

Yeah, it's pretty fast. From ebay, GPA almost certainly gets data in an automated fashion. Heritage might be a manual data dump. Do Greg Reece's sales turn up there?

I don't think any of the major dealers report to GPA anymore. Can't say that I blame them. It just doesn't make good business sense for them to report.

From eBay..

I don't think any of the major dealers report to GPA anymore. Can't say that I blame them. It just doesn't make good business sense for them to report.

Not sure I understand THAT logic. hm