• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Whats a "normal" price range this book?

I think the last time a 9.8 CGC sold for around $350 and that was last year.

I know the Huntress first appearance came out in All-Star Comics #69, but DC-Super Stars #18 is her origin story that supposely came out on the same day with ASC #69. It will be nice know if someone can confirm this with real data.

Edited by vane

I know the Huntress first appearance came out in All-Star Comics #69, but DC-Super Stars #18 is her origin story that supposely came out on the same day with ASC #69. It will be nice know if someone can confirm this with real data.

It's been confirmed numerous times on here with rock solid evidence. It's absolutely true. Obviously that cover is much more appealing than the one page, floating head appearance in All-Star, but still.......................WOW!

This is also entering into the silly Christmas bidding season. Best time of the year to list books as buyers are flush with Xmas gift cash and willing to overpay significantly on books.

Really? I would think the opposite would be true, selling over the holidays would be difficult because people aren't buying comics because of xmas.

It's been confirmed numerous times on here with rock solid evidence. It's absolutely true. Obviously that cover is much more appealing than the one page, floating head appearance in All-Star, but still.......................WOW!

I did bid on this book but the only reason I didn't bid higher because the book did not have perfect centering and the lower right hand front cover has (assuming) a ugly printing defect. Spending over a $1000 in my opinion the book has to be almost perfect.

Capture1_zps18edf77c.jpg

Edited by vane

Any idea what's going on with Superman Family #204? Generally the book would bring just a few bucks, but recently copies are fetching $20 and up. :popcorn:

57146204.jpg

lol

that's been the battle cry all year long.

Freakin' cray-cray :insane:

I have been on both sides of the holiday shopping season, Sales for raw books over $10 have slowed considerably for me at the same time I sold 2 overpriced New Mutants #98's, A 9.2 for $333 and a 8.0 for $288, I considered these to be at the I don't want to sell it price (was going to maybe wait closer to the movie and see what happens, But welcome the unexpected sale) Comics are hard to buy for someone for as far as gifts go.

This is also entering into the silly Christmas bidding season. Best time of the year to list books as buyers are flush with Xmas gift cash and willing to overpay significantly on books.

It's also the time of year that people are buying gifts and don't have extra cash. Net gain.

It's also the time of year that people are buying gifts and don't have extra cash. Net gain.

Precisely why I backed off the Jungle Action #5 9.8 i was looking at. I really considered actually bidding due to some Fantasy Football $ coming in shortly. But extra $ or not, that was a ridiculous hammer price.

:insane:

But even if I were considering it, I dont have the cash on hand at the moment, due to holiday shopping and wasnt too sure if the seller was willing to wait.

Edited by akaSteveRogers

Pricey Reprint

Wow. This just sold for 4x what it was selling for slabbed last year in this grade and more than twice the only recorded GPA sale this year.

I know Black Panther is hot but... :o

I guess I can forget about grabbing any early Black Panther books Ive been hunting anytime soon.

WTF is going on with this hobby? :screwy:

Right after Christmas and into the first couple of weeks of January are always great for sales. Late Jan and early Feb tend to be weaker as the Xmas credit card bills come due.

The best times to buy seem to be late Jan/early Feb and then November, for whatever reasons. August is not bad as well as people are on vacation or have spent their $$$ at the big cons.

That being said the last week of November and first week of December have netted me some new GPA highs on books this year........

Edited by kimik

Right after Christmas and into the first couple of weeks of January are always great for sales. Late Jan and early Feb tend to be weaker as the Xmas credit card bills come due.

The best times to buy seem to be late Jan/early Feb and then November, for whatever reasons. August is not bad as well as people are on vacation or have spent their $$$ at the big cons.

That being said the last week of November and first week of December have netted me some new GPA highs on books this year........

Sales are brisk this week.

This is a great thread; all those bronze books I have been lugging around for the last 35 years are finally coming into their own. While the vast amount are still chaff the occasional wheat I pull out from reading this thread will make the whole pile pay off. I only wonder if I should sell now or hold off until I retire in seven years or so when I have more time. I worry that the current movie frenzy will have run its course by then and these nutty prices will have come down to earth.

Superman Family?? Really, I think I ought to just sell any of those that are hot. That's just a gift!!