• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Or......the DC movies haven't even really hit their stride yet. We could have a ways to go with some of these. In the end, it probably comes down to what else you could do with the money. If the answer is buy more comics they might be worth hanging onto.

That's a really interesting point about the DC movies not hitting their stride yet. The Justice League movie could end up being the big thing for the DC books.

There'd already been several Marvel movies but it wasn't until the Avengers movie and the Thanos cameo that things really started to kick off. The Avengers movie was like a culmination and showed what was possible.

The League movie would have to be as good, though. A pretty tall order.

Whats a "normal" price range this book?

I think the last time a 9.8 CGC sold for around $350 and that was last year.

I know the Huntress first appearance came out in All-Star Comics #69, but DC-Super Stars #18 is her origin story that supposely came out on the same day with ASC #69. It will be nice know if someone can confirm this with real data.

It's been confirmed numerous times on here with rock solid evidence. It's absolutely true. Obviously that cover is much more appealing than the one page, floating head appearance in All-Star, but still.......................WOW!

Can anyone expand upon the 1st appearance of the Huntress or navigate me to where the discussion took place?

If both comics came out on the same day, how can ASC claim the 1st appearance if they are concurrent? I feel like DC-SS would be the winning book because of a much more in-depth look at the character and the origin.

Edited by white_rushin

Or......the DC movies haven't even really hit their stride yet. We could have a ways to go with some of these. In the end, it probably comes down to what else you could do with the money. If the answer is buy more comics they might be worth hanging onto.

That's a really interesting point about the DC movies not hitting their stride yet. The Justice League movie could end up being the big thing for the DC books.

There'd already been several Marvel movies but it wasn't until the Avengers movie and the Thanos cameo that things really started to kick off. The Avengers movie was like a culmination and showed what was possible.

The League movie would have to be as good, though. A pretty tall order.

And since I was a DC guy I'm sitting on thousands of what was once considered Bronze Age pap not even worthy of the old quarter boxes. My collection's day in the sun may be soon to come!!

The DC move to Burbank signals a major emphasis on the studio as the future. Here's hoping they get this right.

Whats a "normal" price range this book?

I think the last time a 9.8 CGC sold for around $350 and that was last year.

I know the Huntress first appearance came out in All-Star Comics #69, but DC-Super Stars #18 is her origin story that supposely came out on the same day with ASC #69. It will be nice know if someone can confirm this with real data.

It's been confirmed numerous times on here with rock solid evidence. It's absolutely true. Obviously that cover is much more appealing than the one page, floating head appearance in All-Star, but still.......................WOW!

Can anyone expand upon the 1st appearance of the Huntress or navigate me to where the discussion took place?

If both comics came out on the same day, how can ASC claim the 1st appearance if they are concurrent? I feel like DC-SS would be the winning book because of a much more in-depth look at the character and the origin.

I know nothing about either book, but this raises an interesting topic. There are still some books that the market believes are first appearances when they are not, and some books are not given proper credit when they are actually first appearances. This happens when the emphasis is placed on covers and encapsulation versus content. Brave and the Bold 54/Brave and the Bold 60, although not Bronze Age books, are the clearest examples that come to mind.

Any idea what's going on with Superman Family #204? Generally the book would bring just a few bucks, but recently copies are fetching $20 and up. :popcorn:

57146204.jpg

lol

that's been the battle cry all year long.

Here's my longbox copy! :banana:

hrKolD.jpg

It's like her 4th or 5th appearance, I don't see what the big deal is. Strange Adventures 187 is the book to chase

Again, its the first cover appearance where she isn't depicted as disembodied floating head. No one is suggesting you chase the book.

It's like her 4th or 5th appearance, I don't see what the big deal is. Strange Adventures 187 is the book to chase

Again, its the first cover appearance where she isn't depicted as disembodied floating head. No one is suggesting you chase the book.

By that logic stock up on Warlock 15 because it's Gamora's 1st cover appearance :eyeroll:

By that logic stock up on Warlock 15 because it's Gamora's 1st cover appearance :eyeroll:

fascinating