• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

I think the cat 1 is the book to get...ff 66-67, Thor 165 vs. Marvel premiere 1 argument that has been going on here for a while now...

The Cat is the book to get for what? The Cat is not Hellcat. Greer Grant is Tigra, OK, so if you like Tigra you have to keep both the Cat mini-series and the Giant Size Creatures.

Aside from this, anyone still insisting on the relevance of Thor #165 (story wise) have just never read the stories (or deliberately want to ignore a 40+ years of comics history). A cool cover, whatever you want, but nothing more. The story is also inconsistent.

It's the one to get regarding bronze age books that are heating up on eBay...

Ah! – wasn’t the hype about Hellcat, or Patsy Walker for what matters? :)

That's what I thought too, but it seems it's the first appearance of the costume that matters :screwy:

I think the cat 1 is the book to get...ff 66-67, Thor 165 vs. Marvel premiere 1 argument that has been going on here for a while now...

The Cat is the book to get for what? The Cat is not Hellcat. Greer Grant is Tigra, OK, so if you like Tigra you have to keep both the Cat mini-series and the Giant Size Creatures.

Aside from this, anyone still insisting on the relevance of Thor #165 (story wise) have just never read the stories (or deliberately want to ignore a 40+ years of comics history). A cool cover, whatever you want, but nothing more. The story is also inconsistent.

That's what I thought too, but it seems it's the first appearance of the costume that matters :screwy:

So the earliest Tarzan comic book is the one to get if they make a film about Ka-Zar? hm

Hey, it’s the first time I enjoy a communion of sorts with Logan! :whee:

So the earliest Tarzan comic book is the one to get if they make a film about Ka-Zar? hm

Hopefully Avengers #144 heats up even more :wishluck:

I didn't think or even care about the hellcat connection. The cover is cool as is the book. I owned a decent copy and sold it a while back and was looking to replace it with a better copy. This movie hype is eventually going to kill the back issue market. Its like baseball cards of old.

I didn't think or even care about the hellcat connection. The cover is cool as is the book. I owned a decent copy and sold it a while back and was looking to replace it with a better copy. This movie hype is eventually going to kill the back issue market. Its like baseball cards of old.

Tigra has been rumored to be a character on Agents of Shield for a while.

I agree about the baseball cards to movies, once John Goodman played the Babe cards really took a nosedive.

No one was questioning the Cat is a nice series (and I see what you mean about the following issues, #2 is good anyway). :)

@BrianR: I did not imply one should look for a connection: in fact, I didn’t see any, but we have to acknowledge that this movie hype and bubbles influences the way we spend our money towards our collecting goals (which may be totally unrelated to movies).

The Cat is undoubtedly one of the most interesting (limited) series done by Marvel at the time, with that cool idea to have female writers. In fact, it was one of the first ones I wished to have back when I started to collect. Well, I had a big love for Hellcat from the Defenders too, so seeing that originally the costume and identity were of the Cat attracted me furtherly to the character.

What I don’t get is: why one should go after a first appearance of Tigra, Hellcat, whatever, when these shows clearly show they have a little to do with the original works. Even Daredevil, this new TV series.

Ah Logan, I still miss a #144, you don’t happen to have a decent copy for a good price, don’t you? :(

I kind of remember the cat #1 being a sort of premium priced comic a long time ago, like selling for $10 when not a lot of non-X/Spidey, etc. BA books sold for that much. like in the 80s? it's fuzzy.

No one was questioning the Cat is a nice series (and I see what you mean about the following issues, #2 is good anyway). :)

@BrianR: I did not imply one should look for a connection: in fact, I didn’t see any, but we have to acknowledge that this movie hype and bubbles influences the way we spend our money towards our collecting goals (which may be totally unrelated to movies).

The Cat is undoubtedly one of the most interesting (limited) series done by Marvel at the time, with that cool idea to have female writers. In fact, it was one of the first ones I wished to have back when I started to collect. Well, I had a big love for Hellcat from the Defenders too, so seeing that originally the costume and identity were of the Cat attracted me furtherly to the character.

What I don’t get is: why one should go after a first appearance of Tigra, Hellcat, whatever, when these shows clearly show they have a little to do with the original works. Even Daredevil, this new TV series.

Ah Logan, I still miss a #144, you don’t happen to have a decent copy for a good price, don’t you? :(

I'm subbing my nicest copy...which also happens to have a Mark Jewelers insert :cloud9:..the rest are mine, so... (tsk)

I'm subbing my nicest copy...which also happens to have a Mark Jewelers insert :cloud9:..the rest are mine, so... (tsk)

So you're saying it won't be at a good price? lol:baiting:

lol The price is ain't happening.

$487 for a 9.4 Marvel Premiere 1??

I paid $260 (admittedly, would have been a GPA low) for my 9.6 ~ three years ago.

People done lost they minds...

Compared to the AA 11 craze or insert "Bronze Age 1st app. or significant event book with Black cover" here, the MP one is just getting its time to shine. Now granted its a little latter and probably not Luke Cage 1, but come to think of it, given where the Marvel movie story lines are going how much screen time to we envision for Warlock vs Luke Cage.

So while it is no Bats 227, or even Thor 165, it is in the bubble, not the first, will not be the last so adjust your copies accordingly.

2c

You know I never noticed in all these years that you Registered one year later to the day I did. :cool: Oh and the Board Grader of the Year anniversary is coming up, does that mean you are graded comings for free this year :baiting:

You know I never noticed in all these years that you Registered one year later to the day I did. :cool: Oh and the Board Grader of the Year anniversary is coming up, does that mean you are graded comings for free this year :baiting:

After a few drinks in Seattle, I'm happy to grade your books for free. But you get what you pay for. :headbang:

earlier versions of ka-zar popped up in the pulps in 1936 and comics in 1939 (Timely). sure, tarzan was earlier...

earlier versions of ka-zar popped up in the pulps in 1936 and comics in 1939 (Timely). sure, tarzan was earlier...

Isn't he in Marvel Comics 1? Just get that. (thumbs u

She-Hulk #1 disappearing fast when "the view" announced the new Marvel series, A-Force, an Avengers team lead by She-Hulk and Dazzler.

hm

Mey, why not? (shrug):headbang:

There is no way I'm picking that up, hahaha.

depends what the 'A' stands for.