• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Holy :censored:

I simply did not see this coming.

At all.

Man, what the heck....!?!?!?!

I just wrote in another thread around 2012 and earlier this was available all day long between $350-$450 easily and in abundant supply. The wide range on price had to do with OW vs OW to W vs W pages along with spine wrap.

Now since the Disney buy out, the 9.8's have been getting more scarce by the day. I have no doubt we will see sales blast through $2K if supply stays so thin the way it is now.

Most likely you will have some folks who will unload as the movie approaches. And remember if you have a white page 9.8 with perfect straight spine wrap -- meaning no white spine or no crooked spine, those always fetch significantly higher premium against the typical price spread with those qualities in particular on this BA issue.

and not a single back cover scan was seen that day

Take his word for it. :sumo:

I'm just pointing it out.

I'm actually bidding on another one of the seller's books.

does jscomics still have a zillaf sort of solid reputation or am I confusing myself?

rantrant

People bad-mouthing Stan Lee's signature on a Marvel comic is one of the most hipster, try-hard, unnecessarily contrarian attitudes one could possibly have. Please, get over yourself. How is it difficult to imagine why some folks would want his signature on a book?

rantrant

and not a single back cover scan was seen that day

Take his word for it. :sumo:

I'm just pointing it out.

I'm actually bidding on another one of the seller's books.

does jscomics still have a zillaf sort of solid reputation or am I confusing myself?

He never had and never will have the same reputation

rantrant

People bad-mouthing Stan Lee's signature on a Marvel comic is one of the most hipster, try-hard, unnecessarily contrarian attitudes one could possibly have. Please, get over yourself. How is it difficult to imagine why some folks would want his signature on a book?

rantrant

Hipster? I thought it was old dudes like me that didn't like it. Though, I'm personally indifferent.

rantrant

rantrant

Hipster? I thought it was old dudes like me that didn't like it. Though, I'm personally indifferent.

If aimed at me.... -

If it was for their PC, okay, cool. Get whatever you want signed.

But why get Stan THE Man to sign a random Marvel book that he has no ties to, and then sell it on Ebay.

It's ridiculous to me.

That's all.

If I am in the market for say a MN #98, I sure as heck don't want The Man's sig scrawled all over the cover on my copy.

It makes zero sense to me. Zero.

Once again, I respect what people collect. What I collect is NOT better than what "you" collect.

But for people flipping books, I just don't understand the selection of comics they use to get Stan's sig. It is mind numbing, and I am just sick of seeing them all over the market.

I think the cat 1 is the book to get...ff 66-67, Thor 165 vs. Marvel premiere 1 argument that has been going on here for a while now...

rantrant

rantrant

If aimed at me.... -

If it was for their PC, okay, cool. Get whatever you want signed.

But why get Stan THE Man to sign a random Marvel book that he has no ties to, and then sell it on Ebay.

It's ridiculous to me.

That's all.

If I am in the market for say a MN #98, I sure as heck don't want The Man's sig scrawled all over the cover on my copy.

It makes zero sense to me. Zero.

Once again, I respect what people collect. What I collect is NOT better than what "you" collect.

But for people flipping books, I just don't understand the selection of comics they use to get Stan's sig. It is mind numbing, and I am just sick of seeing them all over the market.

I only have 2 Mr Lee's sig on a book he really didn't have much to do with, and that's ASM 301. It also has McFarlane's sig on it. I bought it because 1 it was a great price and 2 it has Lee's and Mcfarlane's sigs. and I thought I would not have the opportunity to get to meet either on of them. I have gotten to speak to Mr Lee a couple of times now, but not McFarlane.

Edited by vader2001

rantrant

rantrant

It's ridiculous to me.

Yea, THAT sentiment I do understand.

I think the cat 1 is the book to get...ff 66-67, Thor 165 vs. Marvel premiere 1 argument that has been going on here for a while now...

The Cat is the book to get for what? The Cat is not Hellcat. Greer Grant is Tigra, OK, so if you like Tigra you have to keep both the Cat mini-series and the Giant Size Creatures.

Aside from this, anyone still insisting on the relevance of Thor #165 (story wise) have just never read the stories (or deliberately want to ignore a 40+ years of comics history). A cool cover, whatever you want, but nothing more. The story is also inconsistent.

The Cat is the book to get for what? The Cat is not Hellcat. Greer Grant is Tigra, OK, so if you like Tigra you have to keep both the Cat mini-series and the Giant Size Creatures.

Aside from this, anyone still insisting on the relevance of Thor #165 (story wise) have just never read the stories (or deliberately want to ignore a 40+ years of comics history). A cool cover, whatever you want, but nothing more. The story is also inconsistent.

It's the one to get regarding bronze age books that are heating up on eBay...

It's the one to get regarding bronze age books that are heating up on eBay...

Ah! – wasn’t the hype about Hellcat, or Patsy Walker for what matters? :)