• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

All-the-same-old-characters, all-different costumes. Well, some of them aren't that different. I think I'll go and read my GSXM 1, at least a reprint of it, and recall how 'all-new, all-different' was done properly the first time. :preach:

I guess to today's kids, these probably do look 'all-new, all-different'. I suppose that's the point. However, I'm with you. I've got some bronze Avengers to read instead :cloud9:

Marvel's been spearheading the renaissance of superhero cinema. Why in the name of all that's sensible and logical would they decide to entirely REVAMP their universe so that it has no resemblance to what's been on screen?

Thor is a chick started the whole avalanche and it just appears to be getting worse by the day.

Call me old-fashioned, but give me the characters I know and love back.

And who is the Cap/Hawkeye kinda looking swashbuckler with the sword? :roflmao:

Looks like Citizen V from the Thunderbolts.

I remember Thunderbolts from the 90s, but Citizen V ???

Actually Baron Zemo in disguise (like the whole team was villains in disguise). He was the leader of the original Thunderbolts team.

Marvel's been spearheading the renaissance of superhero cinema. Why in the name of all that's sensible and logical would they decide to entirely REVAMP their universe so that it has no resemblance to what's been on screen?

Thor is a chick started the whole avalanche and it just appears to be getting worse by the day.

I can answer your question. Because all those movie ticket sales didn't translate into comic sales. Why pander to a movie going public that doesn't buy comics? Instead, they will pander to the aging fanboy who will speculate on the latest character wearing Iron Man's armor or wielding Thor's hammer.

The comic readers will complain, but they will buy. DC's New 52 showed that!

Edited by rjrjr

I can answer your question. Because all those movie ticket sales didn't translate into comic sales. Why pander to a movie going public that doesn't buy comics? Instead, they will pander to the aging fanboy who will speculate on the latest character wearing Iron Man's armor or wielding Thor's hammer.

I kinda dig the New 52. :)

Exactly, which is why I find it amusing Marvel thinks (or promotes) that by changing their X-Men funny books, this is somewhat going to force Fox's hand and make them surrender all film rights. lol

Think about it, if this strategy actually worked, Marvel wouldn't be trashing their entire comic line.

I kinda dig the New 52. :)

Don't get too attached. Watch out for the inevitable reboot to the head.

Why does Iron Man have camel feet?

Dr Strange has a battleaxe lol

Yeah, it's like Doc;'s heading out to fight crime, and he thinks... "Hmmm, maybe I should take my Battle Axe with me?"

And if Doc has an axe, then naturally Cap needs to get a sword and wrap a pile of cloth strips around his arms and feet, right? Can't go out without those thin strips of cloth.

This is bad, like New Universe-level bad.

Yeah, it's like Doc;'s heading out to fight crime, and he thinks... "Hmmm, maybe I should take my Battle Axe with me?"

And if Doc has an axe, then naturally Cap needs to get a sword and wrap a pile of cloth strips around his arms and feet, right? Can't go out without those thin strips of cloth.

This is something that Rob Liefeld would have done in '91.

Worse. At least the New U weren't knock offs ( mostly ) of their MU counterparts.

That Illo higher up is cringe worthy.

Who's the hoodie? (shrug)

Who's the hoodie? (shrug)

Lizard? Elektro? Probably someone more prominent, but I can't think of anyone. Looks more like Lobo than anyone Marvel.

I wonder how long it takes Cap to wrap up his boots?

Why does Iron Man have camel feet?

This whole thing is someone's bad idea of a joke, right? Right? :eek: