• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Regardless, they made out like a banshee!

How's wailing a warning that someone's about to die "making out"? Lamenting ghosts portending doom isn't really a hallmark of success unless you're Beetlejuice. :)

Isn't it 'made out like a bandit'?

How's wailing a warning that someone's about to die "making out"? Lamenting ghosts portending doom isn't really a hallmark of success unless you're Beetlejuice. :)

Yeah, that's what I meant. :tonofbricks:

Yeah, that's what I meant. :tonofbricks:

Maybe he screamed like a banshee when he made out like a bandit? (shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncanny-X-Men-148-ten-copies-LOT-Spider-Woman-Dazzler-1981-bd11571-/351328300902?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cccc6f66

well i guess there was some money to be made...of course, if my LCS had this at $3 even in pretty nice shape i would probably be hesitant before now...

hmmm, i know i have a few of these but they are probably not better than VFs

my LCS has a NM (but no better than NM) copy I can have for $6.

by the time i get around to picking it up will the interest have faded?

huge decisions....

huge decisions....

life changing...

huge decisions....

life changing...

Keep thinking , better to be safe than sorry.... lol

Damn speculators must be hoarding up all decent copies of Daredevil 168 right now on the assumption that DD season two is going to be Electra's intro.

All I want is just a decent reading copy right now and prices are over inflated as heck. I had like a zillion copies of this book back in the day and just can't bring myself to pull the trigger at these [raw] prices.

Damn speculators must be hoarding up all decent copies of Daredevil 168 right now on the assumption of that DD season two is going to be Electra's intro.

All I want is just a decent reading copy right now and prices are over inflated as heck. I had like a zillion copies of this book back in the day and just can't bring myself to pull the trigger at these [raw] prices.

A decent looking copy just hit Metropolis for $260. They're calling it 9.4. Looks more like 9.0/9.2 IMO. With a press perhaps it eeks out 9.4?

Seems a little steep but if Elektra shows up in DD season 2 it will probably wind up a bargain.

Edited by quillandtankard

It's just that I don't really understand why this character is commanding Harley Quinn type money right now. There's so many darn copies out there.

Damn speculators must be hoarding up all decent copies of Daredevil 168 right now on the assumption of that DD season two is going to be Electra's intro.

A decent looking copy just hit Metropolis for $260. They're calling it 9.4. Looks more like 9.0/9.2 IMO. With a press perhaps it eeks out 9.4?

Seems a little steep but if Elektra shows up in DD season 2 it will probably wind up a bargain.

Please don't quote me on this if it turns out to be wrong, but I have an industry buddy who's saying it's going to be the Punisher.

-J.