• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,721 posts in this topic

But for some reason ASM 161 is out there in mass quantities and 162 is much harder to find.

I used to buy ASM sets and lots, and out of maybe ten runs in the 130's-180's, I would find two ASM 162's and 8-10 of the other issues. Some were complete runs except for 162, and I know they weren't taking out Punisher issues because 134-135, 161 and 174-175 were all there.

I've often wondered if ASM 162 was a lower distribution issue.

ooh, hot vet on vet action

Hardly, Rockhead is an '05 newb like you.

Why JC gets to consistently and routinely ignore board rules, and the mods do little to nothing about it, I don't know.

And they wonder why people have a problem.

Oh well.

Want cheese?

Nope.

Just commenting on what is.

But for some reason ASM 161 is out there in mass quantities and 162 is much harder to find.

I used to buy ASM sets and lots, and out of maybe ten runs in the 130's-180's, I would find two ASM 162's and 8-10 of the other issues. Some were complete runs except for 162, and I know they weren't taking out Punisher issues because 134-135, 161 and 174-175 were all there.

There are 521 ASM #162s of all flavors on the census.

The are only 461 ASM #161s.

There are 86 9.8s #162s, as opposed to 69 #161s.

hm

People acting like the Punisher just got greenlighted for a new cinematic trilogy. :screwy: As far as I can tell, Marvel got Shane from walking dead to play Frank Castle in a few Netflix shows next year. Doesn't mean much to people that are not familiar with the Punisher.

c'mon, if you're not drinking the kool aid there's no place for you here ;)

People acting like the Punisher just got greenlighted for a new cinematic trilogy. :screwy: As far as I can tell, Marvel got Shane from walking dead to play Frank Castle in a few Netflix shows next year. Doesn't mean much to people that are not familiar with the Punisher.

It's still positive buzz about the character and these days that is all you need.

There are 521 ASM #162s of all flavors on the census.

The are only 461 ASM #161s.

There are 86 9.8s #162s, as opposed to 69 #161s.

hm

Try to find an ASM 151 in NM shape. :eek:

A book that will explode is Marvel Preview #2. It's tougher in high grade. I still haven't found a raw 9.8. and the slabbed ones I've seen are kind of weak IMO. It's the first Punisher origin issue and I think maybe his 2nd? 3rd? app.... Think Marvel Preview #4, and #7 (just to a lesser degree) It's not super rare in 9.4+, but I feel like it's currently undervalued.

There's also Marvel Super Action 1 (link to info) An early appearance.

Never read it but think that it does an origin retelling in flashback. Anyone read this?

Just grabbed a mid grade copy, so will read it when it arrives.

Don't have the actual comic...but I think this is reproduction of the original.

<a  href=https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5451/9295268626_26d2995d36_z.jpg' alt='9295268626_26d2995d36_z.jpg'>IMG CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF

mm

Edited by Marty Mann

A book that will explode is Marvel Preview #2. It's tougher in high grade. I still haven't found a raw 9.8. and the slabbed ones I've seen are kind of weak IMO. It's the first Punisher origin issue and I think maybe his 2nd? 3rd? app.... Think Marvel Preview #4, and #7 (just to a lesser degree) It's not super rare in 9.4+, but I feel like it's currently undervalued.

There's also Marvel Super Action 1 (link to info) An early appearance.

Never read it but think that it does an origin retelling in flashback. Anyone read this?

Just grabbed a mid grade copy, so will read it when it arrives.

It's actually the first telling of his origin. I've had both of the Punisher B&W mags for years, and they're definitely worth having reader copies to thumb through along with higher grade ones to keep for the collection. The art is fantastic.

Both issues were reprinted in 1989 as a 'Classic Punisher" single book. I prefer to read 'em magazine sized, but the reprints are dirt cheap if you wanna go that route to check it out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-Punisher-Comic-Book-1989-/291490101566?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43de29f93e