• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

That's.. 11 asm129 1st print sold in the past 24 hours..

When was the last time a single grail sold in such a high volume???

The book has obviously been expensive for years. I just feel bad for the fence sitters/speculators/bandwagon collectors who start panic buying now that they think it is going to become even more expensive. Which it will.

-J.

The book has obviously been expensive for years. I just feel bad for the fence sitters/speculators/bandwagon collectors who start panic buying now that they think it is going to become even more expensive. Which it will.

-J.

I was not justifying or mocking the buyers action, just thinking the market is probably as healthy as it ever was

-J.

I was not justifying or mocking the buyers action, just thinking the market is probably as healthy as it ever was

I remember when this book was something like $140 NM in Overstreet.

(a few years before grading companies were around) My LCS

at that time knew I had it in my Spidey collection and would try

to get me to sell it to him almost every time I went in. Held on to it,

but not the same way as the guy in Coyote Ugly who apparently

needs to learn how to handle his books:

(not my video)

Yep. So glad I got my 8.5 a few months ago. I had hoped on upgrading, but now that's probably not going to happen lol

Same here. Picked up an 8.5 within the last three months.

shot you a PM

Glad I have my six copies. lol

One of my favorite books of the bronze age. A book I ALWAYS wanted as a kid and couldn't afford til I hit adulthood. Pretty sure I have read every issue of the original three runs (Punisher, War Journal, and War Zone). Great stuff.

Ahh.. yeah... I almost jumped on one the other day as a panic-buy before the prices got out of control, but decided not to. I'm already priced out for the time being. I love the Punisher but had been waiting for the prices to slide down more. Not gonna happen now. But it's OK. I'll live.

Instead, I'm looking more at some of the characters that I could see them using in a Phase 2 after Defenders or introducing later on that I have a gut feeling about.

A book that will explode is Marvel Preview #2. It's tougher in high grade. I still haven't found a raw 9.8. and the slabbed ones I've seen are kind of weak IMO. It's the first Punisher origin issue and I think maybe his 2nd? 3rd? app.... Think Marvel Preview #4, and #7 (just to a lesser degree) It's not suuuper rare in 9.4+, but I feel like it's currently undervalued.

It's the first Punisher origin issue and I think maybe his 2nd? 3rd? app....

I think it's his 5th appearance, along with being a B&W mag, that really cuts into its value.

A book I really like is ASM 135.

P.S. Anyone know anything about the origin cover to ASM 135 with the "Origin of the Punisher" on the cover? Did they intend to give away his origin, then switched it to Tarantula?

People acting like the Punisher just got greenlighted for a new cinematic trilogy. :screwy: As far as I can tell, Marvel got Shane from walking dead to play Frank Castle in a few Netflix shows next year. Doesn't mean much to people that are not familiar with the Punisher.

I always thought 134 was undervalued as you get a Tarantulal 1st app and a pretty decent splash/large panel page 2nd app of Punisher. Sure Tarantula is the quintessential 2nd Tier spiderman villain but he's hung around forever even after "death"

Which was one of the sorriest death comics Marvel's ever done.

Also 161 is a nice sleeper. 1st Spiderman Punisher Wolverine in the same comic. Sure it's a page or two but it's still a very early Wolverine.