• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,721 posts in this topic

A book that will explode is Marvel Preview #2. It's tougher in high grade. I still haven't found a raw 9.8. and the slabbed ones I've seen are kind of weak IMO. It's the first Punisher origin issue and I think maybe his 2nd? 3rd? app.... Think Marvel Preview #4, and #7 (just to a lesser degree) It's not super rare in 9.4+, but I feel like it's currently undervalued.

There's also Marvel Super Action 1 (link to info) An early appearance.

Never read it but think that it does an origin retelling in flashback. Anyone read this?

Just grabbed a mid grade copy, so will read it when it arrives.

It's actually the first telling of his origin. I've had both of the Punisher B&W mags for years, and they're definitely worth having reader copies to thumb through along with higher grade ones to keep for the collection. The art is fantastic.

Both issues were reprinted in 1989 as a 'Classic Punisher" single book. I prefer to read 'em magazine sized, but the reprints are dirt cheap if you wanna go that route to check it out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-Punisher-Comic-Book-1989-/291490101566?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43de29f93e

I agree with this 100%, the mags from those days were great. The stories were written to an older audience and the art looks great in black and white :cloud9:

'I agree with this 100%, the mags from those days were great. The stories were written to an older audience and the art looks great in black and white '

I believe the mags were outside of the comics code so artists and writers could be a bit more loose.

'I agree with this 100%, the mags from those days were great. The stories were written to an older audience and the art looks great in black and white '

I believe the mags were outside of the comics code so artists and writers could be a bit more loose.

(thumbs u The spirit of EC comics carried on in the mags, especially the Warren mags.

(thumbs u The spirit of EC comics carried on in the mags, especially the Warren mags.

Speaking of the Marvel B&W mags, Marvel Preview 21 with Moon Knight is very undervalued IMO

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_nkw=marvel%20preview%2021&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Does anyone think that Marvel Spotlight #32 is heating up? First appearance of Jessica Drew. I only keep tabs on the slabbed copies, but I paid (all prices in CDN by the way)

$129.48 + 11 shipping for a 9.0 in April (BIN)

Since then the following have sold

8.5- $135.66 +$18.65 shipping (BIN Apr 26)

9.0- $141.21 + $46.99 shipping (AUC May 10)

9.0 $246.60 +$19.86 shipping (BIN May 26)

9.0 $221.93 +$19.86 shipping (BIN May 27)

That's a jump of around $100 since I bought mine. I only included the 9.0's and a 8.5 that sold for around the same as I paid.

Looks like my post killed the thread, so...

Um yeah, punisher? :)

Marvel Spotlight #32 has really jumped in value the past two years. How long ago are you talking about a comparison for the jump in price you mentioned?

Since Ant-Man will become Giant Man in Cap Civil War, now is a good time to grab those Power Man 24's while they're taking a nosedive

I agree that it is a good book to pickup, but did it ever really jump?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Collectibles-/1/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=power%20man%2024&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Why would Black Goliath have anything to do with Ant Man in the upcoming movies? Power Man 24 was one of those books that I hope you had and got rid of fast because it wont be worth more than it was this past year.

done and done

bought for $1, sold for $25? peace out homie.

Why would Black Goliath have anything to do with Ant Man in the upcoming movies? Power Man 24 was one of those books that I hope you had and got rid of fast because it wont be worth more than it was this past year.

If you are familiar with the Civil War story you would understand the correlation.

It's been a measly 2 months for that $100 price increase!

And yes, I hope that the Spider Woman #1 takes off too, I have 10 copies of that in high grade.

:shy:

I'm also now keeping an eye out for more copies of #32, just in case

it is a book i hoarded when i could find nice copies in $1-$2 boxes 15 years ago.

i am glad i have not sold too many for FMV over the years. one of the few i didn't unload too early.

If no one wants their PM #24 in HG...I'll take them off your hands. :baiting:

I wanted them because I'm a Black Goliath/Giant Man II fan not because of some silly speculation. :insane:

I want a HG copy because it is a great Gil Kane cover, but I refuse to pay over the odds for the same reason as you.

If you are familiar with the Civil War story you would understand the correlation.

I am familiar with Black Goliath getting killed at the beginning of Civil War in the comics. I am also familiar with the plot synopsis of the Civil War movie and nowhere is Black Goliath found. So how does it add up to a hot movie centric book?