• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

I just left two ROM #1s on the shelf a month or so ago for $6-$8 each at a LCS. One had water damage but the other was pretty nice.

doh!

I hate it when that happens.

Unless the books you left on the shelf were CGC 9.8 material, they wouldn't be worth the purchase at that price.

Raw nm rom 1s sell pretty good at 25 plus

It was different one (FN/FN+) that I've had for a while. It lasted less than two hours on the Bay, which tells me I gave it away.

I also picked up one more just to flip.

That will leave me with one NM- copy.

cool

I only have that one and the number 2 I bought off the rack. IIRC I also bought the Machine Man #2 at the same time.

Never did see the #1 of either of those come out where I lived/bought comics-- could have been one of those issues that sell out fast because at the time everyone was so into finding #1s.

Anyway-- so trying to read the story without the first issue was annoying. I recall getting halfway through and saying-- who is the monkey boy (moon boy)? What the heck is going on here?

Sadly-- I still haven't finished reading either one since getting your copy. I barely started getting through a similar predecessor (Kamandi). But they are part of the Kirby collection that are the last things I intend to sell off if that day comes.

It amazes me that the reboot with some moon-girl (Marvel is really stretching that character -- so innovative ;) ) is pushing the original series.

I also have a Machine Man #1 - but only one of them, so..... :cool:

This "Marvelous" idea of retooling old Marvel characters with hip-new-diverse people is really getting old - already. Yawn.

I picked up all the Kirby Machine Man copies that I needed (even wound up with a second #2 because it was in a lot). Have all the relevant 2001s as well-- those I actually had a decent amount of from the racks but somehow missed the first 5 issues. Took care of all that stuff while I was scooping up the DC Kirby stuff too. While I did get decent copies in general, I bought them more to read than as some sort of investment. I don't bother with the whole investing side of comics. It seems so random. I have used some under copies though got hot to help fill in runs of these books.

Not sure what my main objective was there. I kind of dismissed the Devil Dinosaur and Machine Man when they came out other than a two single copies. Wish I had bothered as it would have saved me some time and money - 35 cents sounds like a bargain these days. It is some sort of reliving my youth phase or something.

As for the reboot characters-- I have no desire to get anything not bronze or silver save the occasional copper important book that fits one of my favorite character runs.

I mentioned that I. The other thread. Night Nurse is not her first or 2nd app etc.just a later mini series. Linda Carter #1 was her first app. Night Nurse is a cool Bronze book for a bronze age completist and all but its just a book about a Nurse. Saw prices jumped and I sold mine.now if I had Linda Carter #1 I would keep it but still just a book about a Nurse.not exactly a super hero book if your a super hero collector. And for the folks wasting money on movie specualtion about a nurse the book to get is her 1st app.

Of course, all of this is informative, but irrelevant. It is a way-cool BA book, HTF in HG. Period. :sumo:

More than this what is this "super-hero" divide? lol

We are talking of characters which have been important, to various degree, to make up the Marvel age, it’s not essential they have powers. Willie Lumpkin and Karen Page have nothing to envy to the Beetle and Mr. Sinister.

Hope that Moon Knight mania extends to his first solo series, I have a couple HG #1's that I was having trouble selling for $5 a couple months ago :P I think I have 5 or 6 left

Starting to. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_ipg=50&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=moon+knight+1+1980+nm

Was there an announcement?

Hope that Moon Knight mania extends to his first solo series, I have a couple HG #1's that I was having trouble selling for $5 a couple months ago :P I think I have 5 or 6 left

Starting to. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_ipg=50&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=moon+knight+1+1980+nm

Newp. Just people getting all crazy over Moon Knight. Least nothing I've heard. (shrug)

Not sure what's the hype behind moon knight? Any suggested readings from MK fans (I have Marvel Unlimited)? I'm curious to learn more about this character.

Not sure what's the hype behind moon knight? Any suggested readings from MK fans (I have Marvel Unlimited)? I'm curious to learn more about this character.

Moon Knight has a following for sure. It's price is rising like most other characters these days. Have you looked at what Marvel Spotlight #28 is doing? I really liked the first arc of the new Moon Knight series. If you are not familiar with the character, like myself, it seems a little disjointed because there is lots of historical parts written in, but I still was able to figure it out and liked it.

Edited by ygogolak

So, the 1980s Moon Knight #1 is selling for as much as the Marvel Now Ellis #1 1st print? hm

It looks like the 1st Gamora seems to be falling back down to Earth.

I haven't been tracking this book too often though.

:applause:

ok, i guess you are being sarcastic. i still have one copy left i had been holding back.

missed the boat on my stockpile of marvel presents GOTGs..sold a few of the first issue for good money...problem is i am short a few issues to complete sets...i have like 6 or 7 "almost" sets. hoping that they bring in some of the old characters for the cartoon or comics or movies, although i guess starhawk is still relevant. whether he makes it into the movies is another story.