• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

I mentioned that I. The other thread. Night Nurse is not her first or 2nd app etc.just a later mini series. Linda Carter #1 was her first app. Night Nurse is a cool Bronze book for a bronze age completist and all but its just a book about a Nurse. Saw prices jumped and I sold mine.now if I had Linda Carter #1 I would keep it but still just a book about a Nurse.not exactly a super hero book if your a super hero collector. And for the folks wasting money on movie specualtion about a nurse the book to get is her 1st app.

I mentioned that I. The other thread. Night Nurse is not her first or 2nd app etc.just a later mini series. Linda Carter #1 was her first app. Night Nurse is a cool Bronze book for a bronze age completist and all but its just a book about a Nurse. Saw prices jumped and I sold mine.now if I had Linda Carter #1 I would keep it but still just a book about a Nurse.not exactly a super hero book if your a super hero collector. And for the folks wasting money on movie specualtion about a nurse the book to get is her 1st app.

Of course, all of this is informative, but irrelevant. It is a way-cool BA book, HTF in HG. Period. :sumo:

Oh yes it is a cool Bronze book. Just talking about the movie speculation on Linda Carter . back when I was collecting bronze books it was a must have book. Again no disrespect to the book. Just not sure how much regular interest there is for a book about a Nurse who works at night. Do they have Daytime Landlord ? Just kidding.

Am I missing something here? A copy of Huey Dewey and Louie #65 sold for 309.95?!?!?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Huey-Dewey-And-Louie-65-Extremely-Rare-Whitman-Comic-/171857488111

"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

Looks like it actually didn't sell. And yes, it is on the list of rare Whitmans.

Just received an email from the seller, he says it did sell. I never disputed that it was a rare Whitman, ( I know as I've been collecting them for years) it's the price I found incredible. A high grade Super Goof 62 sold a few months ago in the multiple hundreds and that came as a huge surprise to me as well. Figured it would sell in the 100 range. Maybe it's time to dig up my extras.

Just received an email from the seller, he says it did sell. I never disputed that it was a rare Whitman, ( I know as I've been collecting them for years) it's the price I found incredible. A high grade Super Goof 62 sold a few months ago in the multiple hundreds and that came as a huge surprise to me as well. Figured it would sell in the 100 range. Maybe it's time to dig up my extras.

Sounds like a good plan. You should have more than a few at this point. (thumbs u

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-BLACK-LIGHTNING-1-1st-Appearance-Black-Lightning-Jefferson-Pierce-/111105989597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19de6edbdd&nma=true&si=LSlrbGpTtd7qgj9p%252FkdayU26xX0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

OK, this might be an outlier, no grade was listed, although the copy itself looks pretty nice, a little bit of corner wear, not a likely 9.4 - 9.8 slab candidate, but a nice copy. Book is doing well overall though for something I used to see in plenty of dollar boxes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-BLACK-LIGHTNING-1-1st-Appearance-Black-Lightning-Jefferson-Pierce-/111105989597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19de6edbdd&nma=true&si=LSlrbGpTtd7qgj9p%252FkdayU26xX0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

OK, this might be an outlier, no grade was listed, although the copy itself looks pretty nice, a little bit of corner wear, not a likely 9.4 - 9.8 slab candidate, but a nice copy. Book is doing well overall though for something I used to see in plenty of dollar boxes.

Not surprised at that at all. I didn't have trouble moving Fine copies for $20.

I paid $35 for two VF to NMish copies last year at NYCC. Finding a high-grade of #1 was the second item on my list (after a Marvel Super-Heroes #13; managed to get one of those in about a Fine for $70).

I paid $35 for two VF to NMish copies last year at NYCC. Finding a high-grade of #1 was the second item on my list (after a Marvel Super-Heroes #13; managed to get one of those in about a Fine for $70).

Interesting. I picked up a high grade copy for $10 a couple of weeks ago while on vacation and passed on two other copies in similar condition. Looks like I will have to contact the store to grab them now...... hm