• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

The Sienkiewicz art on his first series is amazing.

MK is pretty much next in line for a TV show announcement. Get them while you can, these numbers will look paltry in a year or 2.

Was it really getting that kind of money then? I feel like I looked it up last year and saw $15-$20 sales and decided to age it a bit longer. I cannot remember whether I got it at NYCC 2013 or 2014, but it was out of a $3 box from a bigger dealer.

I have more of them somewhere. Need to dig them up.

Was it really getting that kind of money then? I feel like I looked it up last year and saw $15-$20 sales and decided to age it a bit longer. I cannot remember whether I got it at NYCC 2013 or 2014, but it was out of a $3 box from a bigger dealer.

I have more of them somewhere. Need to dig them up.

It certainly wasn't overlooked then. Can't say for certain if it was getting $50, probably not.

Edited by ygogolak

i know it has been broken out in the guide forever and was listed at a premium over other issues, but i think being a byrne (and i think claremont) book probably had a lot to do with that.. had george tuska done the art I think it would have been $1 more than 46 (47 is a bws issue, so also at a premium), rather than 2X the price in guide.

MK is pretty much next in line for a TV show announcement. Get them while you can, these numbers will look paltry in a year or 2.

Someone suddenly has time on his hands - are you on vacation? :hi:

Someone suddenly has time on his hands - are you on vacation? :hi:

No, but I could use one!

Kids are getting a little older. A little more free time for me. Or maybe I just ignore them more..... hm

Right, considering his copy is raw too, how many thousands of other raws may be out there? I have a ton of whitman on this title, need to check the issues

thousands seems optimistic....

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=141750061246&globalID=EBAY-US

Amy guesses as to whether it will sell and for how much?

:o If that sells, it will be instant buyers remorse...

Assuredly. It won't sell anywhere near that price, but now that it's out there someone might make him an offer. :)

Right, considering his copy is raw too, how many thousands of other raws may be out there? I have a ton of whitman on this title, need to check the issues

thousands seems optimistic....

Is that issue known for a low whitman print run? Why would whitman bother printing a version if it was not at least a 10 k or more print run?

It's a tough one to find for sure and for years was rumoured not to exist. there are at least four known sales: a VF copy sold for $200USD in mid 2012, a g/VG copy sold for 250.00, a VG+ copy sold for $403USD in late 2013 and the single recorded CGC graded copy, in CGC 8.5, sold for $1525 USD in January 2014

Edited by Bellrules1