• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Can you fill me in about this seller. If you don't want to put it in this thread you can pm me. I'm not the winner of this auction. I did bid on both 9.8 cgc copies that were on comiclink within the last year. the suscha news copy went for about 800 and another copy went for 2000. Only 5 copies exist in 9.8 I know Greg Cicchetti(chics cosmic comics) was also bidding on the 2 on comiclink. Neither one of us ended up winning. Never thought the Suscha News copy would go for 800 so I bid high on the next one and it went for 2000

HOS;

Dr. Frankenstein aka muscleshark aka WALDO-JOHNSON

Went by Silversurpher among others on eBay

Classic FDQ exit.

Drama Queen exit

Wally was right lol

I think he should be pardoned.

Remember, whether he stays or goes he has an uphill battle to earn trust around here.

Good luck, people got a memory like an elephant around here brother!

Don't be surprised if people bring this up 3 or 4 years from now...

Because THEY WILL!

Can you fill me in about this seller. If you don't want to put it in this thread you can pm me. I'm not the winner of this auction. I did bid on both 9.8 cgc copies that were on comiclink within the last year. the suscha news copy went for about 800 and another copy went for 2000. Only 5 copies exist in 9.8 I know Greg Cicchetti(chics cosmic comics) was also bidding on the 2 on comiclink. Neither one of us ended up winning. Never thought the Suscha News copy would go for 800 so I bid high on the next one and it went for 2000

HOS;

Dr. Frankenstein aka muscleshark aka WALDO-JOHNSON

Went by Silversurpher among others on eBay

Classic FDQ exit.

Drama Queen exit

Wally was right lol

I think he should be pardoned.

Remember, whether he stays or goes he has an uphill battle to earn trust around here.

Good luck, people got a memory like an elephant around here brother!

Don't be surprised if people bring this up 3 or 4 years from now...

Because THEY WILL!

I don't know about this. People seem to be giving Larry a pass over on the Modern boards. I think if you have something to contribute and cool books, people will forget.

I don't know about this. People seem to be giving Larry a pass over on the Modern boards. I think if you have something to contribute and cool books, people will forget.

Just a lot of people that don't know the history.

Just a lot of people that don't know the history.

Hence the "hot" moderns

….. top 10 anyone :ohnoez:

If you look at his feedback a month ago an Avengers Annual 10 got up to $117. can't tell if it is the same one as here. the seller left feedback, but that doesn't mean anything i suppose. 5 feedback buyer.

I'd bet anything it is. He sold me a '9.8' copy of a book that was a 9.0-9.2 at best. When I messaged him he said he'd offer a partial refund. Asked me what would it take for me to keep the book. I sent the book back, he then lied and said the book was returned damaged. I was on the phone with Ebay for an hour to get the matter resolved and they even stated there was multiple complaints on that account. Sad part is Ebay has done nothing about it and probably will do nothing about it. Avoid his auctions at all cost.

If you look at his feedback a month ago an Avengers Annual 10 got up to $117. can't tell if it is the same one as here. the seller left feedback, but that doesn't mean anything i suppose. 5 feedback buyer.

I'd bet anything it is. He sold me a '9.8' copy of a book that was a 9.0-9.2 at best. When I messaged him he said he'd offer a partial refund. Asked me what would it take for me to keep the book. I sent the book back, he then lied and said the book was returned damaged. I was on the phone with Ebay for an hour to get the matter resolved and they even stated there was multiple complaints on that account. Sad part is Ebay has done nothing about it and probably will do nothing about it. Avoid his auctions at all cost.

I'm surprise anyone from eBay gave you that much information about the account. hm

Why were you "on the phone with eBay for an hour"?

The drones at eBay have nothing whatsoever to do with resolving disputes, and no one is allowed to talk to "dispute resolution" directly.

Why didn't you simply file a "request a refund", and wait for the process to work itself out? That would have taken all of a minute or so. And how do you know the book wasn't actually damaged in return shipping?

I haven't heard of eBay siding with a seller on a "Not as described" claim since 2006 or so. You don't like the item, the seller has no choice but to take it back. You can even occasionally get eBay to foot the bill for return shipping.

Wasting an hour on the phone with eBay drones accomplishes nothing. It is nearly impossible for a buyer to have eBay decide against them in a "not as described" claim.

hm

It's funny....not that it changes anything, but buyers complaining that a 9.8 is only a 9.0-9.2 at best...

In the bad old days, when a seller described something as "NM/M", and it showed up as "VF/NM to NM-", most everyone was pretty thrilled.

Much of the "NM/M" garbage from the bad old days at eBay was VG/F, Fine, F/VF at best....in other words, described as "9.8" (note quotes), and arriving as a 5.0, 6.0, 7.0.

Now, one grade level or less, and people aren't happy.

I understand...especially if one paid a "9.8" price...but still, it does seem a bit odd when compared to back in the day.

Why were you "on the phone with eBay for an hour"?

The drones at eBay have nothing whatsoever to do with resolving disputes, and no one is allowed to talk to "dispute resolution" directly.

Why didn't you simply file a "request a refund", and wait for the process to work itself out? That would have taken all of a minute or so. And how do you know the book wasn't actually damaged in return shipping?

I haven't heard of eBay siding with a seller on a "Not as described" claim since 2006 or so. You don't like the item, the seller has no choice but to take it back. You can even occasionally get eBay to foot the bill for return shipping.

Wasting an hour on the phone with eBay drones accomplishes nothing. It is nearly impossible for a buyer to have eBay decide against them in a "not as described" claim.

hm

Because he opened a claim and it ruled in his favor immediately. I had to talk to an individual eventually to explain my side of the story. I havent bought a lot of high dollar stuff off ebay so i wanted to make sure everything was taken care of. It was a Daredevil 131 that looked immaculate in the pictures but all the imperfections were covered over. You think Ebay maybe put a lot of their policies in place because of the shady sellers you speak of? hm

Anyone care to explain the prices on reasonably high grade deadly hands of kung fu magazine?

Sure a CGC 9.6 going for $100+ I get. But raw VFNM for $120? Crazy

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=deadly+hands+kung+fu+magazine&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=17408-1008&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=16&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1

Anyone care to explain the prices on reasonably high grade deadly hands of kung fu magazine?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=deadly+hands+kung+fu+magazine&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=17408-1008&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=16&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1

It's about time this series got some love. Lot's of hidden gems in the run: 1st White Tiger, 1st Jack of Hearts, 1st Daughters of the Dragon, some beautiful Adams covers (including the Bruce Lee & Billy Jack ones) and a really hot Bruce Lee book. Personally, this is the book I first discovered George Perez's art on the Sons of the Tiger series. Early Iron Fist appearances...what's not to love?

It's about time this series got some love. Lot's of hidden gems in the run: 1st White Tiger, 1st Jack of Hearts, 1st Daughters of the Dragon, some beautiful Adams covers (including the Bruce Lee & Billy Jack ones) and a really hot Bruce Lee book. Personally, this is the book I first discovered George Perez's art on the Sons of the Tiger series. Early Iron Fist appearances...what's not to love?

Completely agree - One of my favorite titles. I pick up HG copies at any opportunity, :grin:

Looks like jscomics had a particularly nice run of them and word spread fast; I also see our own nochips there too! :applause:

Couldn't agree more. These were always difficult for me to find in high grade. Plentiful in FN, like hen's teeth in VF/NM or higher. I would only buy nice copies, so I still don't have any of the 1st apps. And they are pretty much the only Bronze 1st apps that I have never had. This is the nicest copy of any issue that I have ever had:

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=3471&GSub=631

Couldn't agree more. These were always difficult for me to find in high grade. Plentiful in FN, like hen's teeth in VF/NM or higher. I would only buy nice copies, so I still don't have any of the 1st apps. And they are pretty much the only Bronze 1st apps that I have never had. This is the nicest copy of any issue that I have ever had:

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=3471&GSub=631

didn't i point to those JS sales a few weeks ago? maybe it was in a different thread. I had a brute of a time selling a 9.2 slabbed #2. I was finally able to get a bit under guide for it and broke even on the sale. But this was a while ago. They do have gorgeous covers.