• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

That image is just full of awesome :headbang:

you mean #134 :baiting:

Yeh, whatever issue the little 1" pink television head-shot appearance shows up in, prior to the 1st full appearance in Forever People #1... ;)

most bizarre 1st app ever in comics ...

kind a disturbing yet fitting way for Darkseid to arrive.

I have a few copies of each (JO 134 + 135; FP 1); sell now or hold?

I would sell but that's me. It could get hotter and probably will but bird in hand etc

More copies will start coming out and actual prices now will disappear in a few days

.....a few months ago I was going to pick up Forever People 1 in decent condition, but I decided I'd wait. I mean, what are the odds that the whole scenario of me putting off buying IM55 would backfire twice?

Oh well, won't be the last collection book I pass on that gets crazy hot.

.....a few months ago I was going to pick up Forever People 1 in decent condition, but I decided I'd wait. I mean, what are the odds that the whole scenario of me putting off buying IM55 would backfire twice?

IM55 killed me too.

Also happened with ST110, 115, 169. It's gonna be a few years before they come back down a bit. :frustrated:

one thing that may hold it back a little is it being the 4th or whatever appearance, whereas IM 55 was for sure the first and he is right there on the cover too

And all those third world books being speculated on at the time

I believe IM 55 hasn't even peaked yet.

not until the movie at least

Even then, I think Thanos' overall popularity will finally blossom enough to sustain the book as a major key, thus helping it retain its value

Even then, I think Thanos' overall popularity will finally blossom enough to sustain the book as a major key, thus helping it retain its value

Villains never hold their value well maybe a couple months after the fact then it's a downward trend.

Villains never hold their value well maybe a couple months after the fact then it's a downward trend.

Never??? That's a pretty absolute statement.

Just off the top of my head, Green Goblin, Doctor Doom and Galactus first appearances have been pretty consistent over the years. Like Galactus, I believe Thanos will further transcend the simplistic "villain" label and become a popular mainstream character, whether he's being naughty or not

Just my opinion :foryou:

I always said that most people dont collect villians like they collect heroes. So A villains first app will not always hold value , but villains like Thanos , Galactus , Green Goblin ,Joker , Dr Doom etc will always demand a high price and be pretty consistent. , its the villian of the moment type that will go up then crash back , villains like Whiplash and Ronan etc.