• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Not on ebay, but a sweet Bats 232 in 9.6 on the Link hammered @ $2,257.00 tonight. Very strong price. I'll admit, the book was gorgeous.

why someone would feel compelled to chase that book in 9.6 is a mystery. there's one in ever clink auction. there are 45 9.8's as well.

How long has What If #10 (What If Jane Foster Was Thor) been on the BA hot list?

I guess it must have been in the past year when they came up with the female Thor. Just a bit surprised since Overstreet has the book listed at $50 as compared to last year when it was still only a $10 book. :o

I guess my real surprise is that Overstreet would move so fast on this book. Especially since this might be a very short term spike and the book will come right back down when the original Thor comes back just in time for his movie release. hm

Not on ebay, but a sweet Bats 232 in 9.6 on the Link hammered @ $2,257.00 tonight. Very strong price. I'll admit, the book was gorgeous.

why someone would feel compelled to chase that book in 9.6 is a mystery. there's one in ever clink auction. there are 45 9.8's as well.

What's the average going rate on a 9.6 copy versus a 9.8 copy of this book? hm

When I "returned" to this hobby back in 2010, Bats 232 was the first book I bought. I had a chance to pick up an absolutely beautiful 9.6 with W pages for $1000, but opted for a 9.4 OW/W for $500 instead. I thought that this was going to be ONLY book I'll buy since I wasn't collecting comics at the time.

Been kicking myself ever since.

Overall, all the Adams Bats the ended auction last night over at CL showed extremely strong prices with maybe the exemption of the CBCS 9.6 227, but that book had a terrible wrap.

Surprised Spiderman 134 and 135 aren't going for more. What with 129 the Limited Series and other Copper keys moving higher.

spiderman 135 has always been underappreciated

Like all of these other so-called key books, it's all about the first appearance only.

If you look at Nova, Ms. Marvel, Starlord, etc, it's only the first appearance that is going for any money. All of the other subsequent issues are basically nothing more than dreck.

So, I guess your one single winner has to be big enough to pay for all of the other losers which you are holding in the run. hm

IMO I'd rather sink $$ into this then the next "flavor variant of the week" by Campbell or any of the other stuff as of late. Don't get me wrong, I like Campbell but just sayin......

IMO I'd rather sink $$ into this then the next "flavor variant of the week" by Campbell or any of the other stuff as of late. Don't get me wrong, I like Campbell but just sayin......

I would too, but just not $2,257.00 worth. Congrats to the buyer and seller though. Super sharp copy.

Date says it's a Bronze. Fact! You can keep showing your point...but why? You statement us false.

umm, what?

Pay attention, dork

umm, what?

It's obvious, dork

Dork is a noun and a verb

Dork you, dork. :grin:

Surprised Spiderman 134 and 135 aren't going for more. What with 129 the Limited Series and other Copper keys moving higher.

spiderman 135 has always been underappreciated

Like all of these other so-called key books, it's all about the first appearance only.

If you look at Nova, Ms. Marvel, Starlord, etc, it's only the first appearance that is going for any money. All of the other subsequent issues are basically nothing more than dreck.

So, I guess your one single winner has to be big enough to pay for all of the other losers which you are holding in the run. hm

How about this one? lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-134-Jul-1974-Marvel-VG-FN-1ST-TARANTULA-PUNISHER-CAMO-/171943316709?hash=item28089ecce5:g:Hz8AAOSwVL1WAHxz

I can never get the "peeking around the comic" or "hold it up for the camera" sales pics.

I just don't get it.

???

Check out the other listings by that seller :insane:

At first I thought it was Pat from SNL. Then, I thought it was a man, with and without a mustache. Then, I realized it was two people. At this point, I felt bad about myself.