• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

This used to be one of my favorite threads, now it's dead

Everyone speculates alone? :shrug:

:D

no news is good news... now we can collect in peace. :)

:banana:

Eh, there's something to be said about enjoying seeing the trends in comics. Analyzing, predicting, and having fun with the hobby.

One man's annoyance is another's amusement.

Eh, there's something to be said about enjoying seeing the trends in comics. Analyzing, predicting, and having fun with the hobby.

:gossip:I heard there's a website that does that!

It’s not about annoyance, it’s about rising prices…

Ok, but that doesn't invalidate my reasons for enjoying this thread

I know, but in this Internet overtly dominated age it becomes ambiguous… It’s not like it could have been speculating about this on a forum, say… even a few years ago. It’s a lot more "perception driven", and not truly related to content. That’s why I no longer find it fun.

i guess seeing the books I bought cheap rise in price is kinda fun. Unfortunately, there are a lot of books that I don't own. lol

I'll throw a few out there. No sales to boast of. Strictly speculation for the New Year. I've got several of each so please take this with a grain of salt :P

New Teen Titans #16......just cause Captain Carrot

Captain Marvel #45 $.30 variant........first mention of the 6 soul gems which would later become the Infinity Gems (kudos to Revat for pointing this out originally several months ago)

Marvel Team Up #55 1st Gardener

Captain America #162.....1st time Peggy Carter is identified in a comic. 1st origin. 2nd full appearance 1st in continuity.

New Gods #2......1st Darkseid cover; 1st Desaad

I'll throw a few out there. No sales to boast of. Strictly speculation for the New Year. I've got several of each so please take this with a grain of salt :P

Captain Marvel #45 $.30 variant........first mention of the 6 soul gems which would later become the Infinity Gems (kudos to Revat for pointing this out originally several months ago)

Captain America #162.....1st time Peggy Carter is identified in a comic. 1st origin. 2nd full appearance 1st in continuity.

Marvel Team Up #55 is the 1st appearance of two Infinity Gems.

Marvel Team Up #55 is the 1st appearance of two Infinity Gems.

And a comic that can still be had for dirt cheap which has always surprised me.

Here's one you don't see every day . . . :grin:

Oktoberfest Comics 1

Great book!

I've seen images of this before, but what the heck is it about? It looks like something designed to appeal to fans of The Timbertoes in Highlights magazine.

I'm trying to figure out who would have purchased it, like most B/W indy comics from the 70s it was more expensive than full color stuff available on the newsstand, and wouldn't have had much of a distribution network. In 1976 you had the first wave of underground comix falling in sales, and the other B/W books available were mostly sci-fi/fantasy oriented, like Star-Reach and First Kingdom.

Here's one you don't see every day . . . :grin:

Oktoberfest Comics 1

Great book!

I've seen images of this before, but what the heck is it about? It looks like something designed to appeal to fans of The Timbertoes in Highlights magazine.

I'm trying to figure out who would have purchased it, like most B/W indy comics from the 70s it was more expensive than full color stuff available on the newsstand, and wouldn't have had much of a distribution network. In 1976 you had the first wave of underground comix falling in sales, and the other B/W books available were mostly sci-fi/fantasy oriented, like Star-Reach and First Kingdom.

Sim lives in Kitchener, Ontario, which is home to the (reputedly) largest Oktoberfest celebration outside of Europe. I've always been under the impression that it was a locally-produced anthology title that "borrowed" the Oktoberfest name for marketing purposes...

I have a couple of copies, but I'm not sure exactly where they are... Maybe someone who's got one handy could see if there's any editorial content to confirm this?