• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Definitely a Copper book.

That's what I thought too, but if you go by eBay, it falls under Bronze. I say eBay because that is what most of us use to judge if a book is "heating up".

eBay doesn't even have category for Harley, never-mind Deadpool, wtf do they know about comics? lol:makepoint:

Indeed. ebay categories don't mean much

Date says it's a Bronze. Fact! You can keep showing your point...but why? You statement us false.

umm, what?

Pay attention, dork

umm, what?

It's obvious, dork

Date says it's a Bronze. Fact! You can keep showing your point...but why? You statement us false.

umm, what?

Pay attention, dork

umm, what?

It's obvious, dork

You can keep showing your point...but why?

released in he first half of 1983. i know we all view that series as a CA series...heck, baxter paper is a CA thing, but the overlords at overstreet have decided that 1983 is within the BA, so it's at least legitimately discussed here even if virtually everyone thinks of it as a CA book

Overstreet isn't the be all and end all any more than CGC is.

Overstreet publishes a big book every year. They have a huge board of "advisors". People pay money for advertising in it. I am just a fat old guy with a bunch of comics, and not even particularly good ones after I sold my smattering of SA keys and GA slabs (and most of my good OA) to pay for renovations to this darn house. Who am I to decide what is CA and what is not?

released in he first half of 1983. i know we all view that series as a CA series...heck, baxter paper is a CA thing, but the overlords at overstreet have decided that 1983 is within the BA, so it's at least legitimately discussed here even if virtually everyone thinks of it as a CA book

Overstreet publishes a big book every year. They have a huge board of "advisors". People pay money for advertising in it. I am just a fat old guy with a bunch of comics, and not even particularly good ones after I sold my smattering of SA keys and GA slabs (and most of my good OA) to pay for renovations to this darn house. Who am I to decide what is CA and what is not?

I think going off a guide that has been a market standard for nearly 40 years is not a bad idea, even if you don't agree with the standard. That's why it's called a guide right? Age classification doesn't really matter anywhere except these boards anyway. CGC doesn't really care except for when it comes to pricing, that's why they did away with the "modern"/red tier label.

I think going off a guide that has been a market standard for nearly 40 years is not a bad idea, even if you don't agree with the standard. That's why it's called a guide right? Age classification doesn't really matter anywhere except these boards anyway. CGC doesn't really care except for when it comes to pricing, that's why they did away with the "modern"/red tier label.

Yes, it's called a guide. Some people refer to it as the bible but it's a guide. I've bought and enjoyed Overstreet guides for 30 years but I don't take everything they say as gospel any more than I accept CGC grades as gospel

Yes, it's called a guide. Some people refer to it as the bible but it's a guide. I've bought and enjoyed Overstreet guides for 30 years but I don't take everything they say as gospel any more than I accept CGC grades as gospel

Well said. Might want to add GPA in there.

Well said. Might want to add GPA in there.

If GPA took all sources of comic sales, including dealers it would be a lot more useful. Most of the data in there I can get myself from eBay or Heritage. Then again GPA is just pricing, it has nothing to add when it comes to the population, categorizing, or describing of comics.

Besides, I only buy the Overstreet guide for the articles... :eyeroll: