• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Oh year it is also the first book that started off the Bronze Age

---

Yup, Giant Size Defenders 3 started the bronze age. what I have been thinking for years...

---

Yup, Giant Size Defenders 3 started the bronze age. what I have been thinking for years...

lol!!! Yeah, 1974 - the beginning of the Bronze Age! :o

I bought the Hulk 197 on E-bay. I'm a sucker for Wrightson covers. I've been wanting a nice 9.6 or better copy for a while.

The seller is usually good grader. One of the better on E-bay. Although I have to return this book because of some small tears on the back. :(

I bought the Hulk 197 on E-bay. I'm a sucker for Wrightson covers. I've been wanting a nice 9.6 or better copy for a while.

The seller is usually good grader. One of the better on E-bay. Although I have to return this book because of some small tears on the back. :(

I may have a slabbed 9.6 or two laying around. PM me if you are interested.

During the Bronze Age one of the best story arcs that i read was the Korvac Saga in the Avengers and other collectors i have spoken to agree. Korvac in my opinion is an underrated villian who deserves more attention and GS Defenders #3 is his first appearance. Not only that but it contains Starlin art and i believe reprinted Ditko and Everett art as well. Add to that the action packed cover with a Daredevil appearance to boot it has finally started to get some notice. Oh year it is also the first book that started off the Bronze Age :whistle:

Went through a random long box this morning before going to work and found a copy. Decidedly mid-grade, but that makes me think I probably have another 3 or 4. If only the GOTG one (#5) would sell, I have a ton of those.

QC's book might actually be the stated grade, although the top corner on the back looks weird.

I don't understand the numbers for Collector's Comics. You can look at the scans and see stuff. They're not even hiding it.

QC's book might actually be the stated grade, although the top corner on the back looks weird.

I don't understand the numbers for Collector's Comics. You can look at the scans and see stuff. They're not even hiding it.

#7 & #10 are not even scans. They are semi-blurry pictures and they don't even have pictures of the back.

---

lol Wait a minute. Who in this thread said the BA starts with GS Defenders 3?

Had Blob used the quote feature appropriately, :makepoint::makepoint::makepoint: I wouldn't have to ask this question

During the Bronze Age one of the best story arcs that i read was the Korvac Saga in the Avengers and other collectors i have spoken to agree. Korvac in my opinion is an underrated villian who deserves more attention and GS Defenders #3 is his first appearance. Not only that but it contains Starlin art and i believe reprinted Ditko and Everett art as well. Add to that the action packed cover with a Daredevil appearance to boot it has finally started to get some notice. Oh year it is also the first book that started off the Bronze Age :whistle:

"Justin Case" laid claim to that notion. I think he may have done so in jest.

Since Gwen Stacy is such a key character in the Spider-verse what with all the SpiderGwen hype I wonder why Spiderman 144 hasn't really hit semi-key status. 121 broke off as the "winner" between it and 122. Issue 31 is the monster it is due to Gwen and not Harry Osborne (he's a nice add on too)

148 and of course 149 are the definitive Peter Parker clone issues. Yet 144 is sort of a non starter. Doesn't hurt that it is the clear start of a the Clone saga overall - Cover/Story. We can rag all we want on the good and bad of the clone stories over the years but they are clearly a huge part of Spiderman and still are to this day.

Yeah, I have been wondering when the clone books would get reactivated. frankly, they sell for less than they did when all of this happened the first time in the 90s.

Wow. Looks like I will have to get my lowly 6.5 signed by Stan at the Calgary Expo for a SS submission instead of Avengers 1. If a 5.0 is worth $5K, then a 6.5 should be $6500? loldoh!

The bidding activity looks a bit suspicious.......

Edited by kimik

---

lol Wait a minute. Who in this thread said the BA starts with GS Defenders 3?

Had Blob used the quote feature appropriately, :makepoint::makepoint::makepoint: I wouldn't have to ask this question

Blob couldn't quote his way out of a paper bag. lol