• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

No, I just see how it could be an entertaining series for a 6-8 episodes, or whatever netflix does, a year.

I don't have three dimes to scrape together anyway to buy anything decent. I have 3 or 4 copies of She Hulk 1 left, but not 9.8s.

Ha, let me help you out with the key sentence in the article.

Which new hero are you looking forward to seeing on Netflix? Who would you want to see playing the new additions to Marvel’s Netflix Universe? More importantly, Happy April Fool’s Day True Believers!

Now this is a righteous ball busting :tonofbricks:

who the f can read all the way through all thee stupid articles!

Ha, agreed. Once I saw it I was looking for a date. Once I didn't see one I skimmed the article I saw that last sentence.

That these HULK 181 ad page books are significant at all....tells me the market is crazy unstable.

Oh no, one person (possibly) bought something they liked. :ohnoez:

He's not scolding people for buying what they like, he's opining that because people buy these (whether they like them or not) the market is unstable. You could disagree with this point, but if you're going to bust everyone's balls, don't change the meaning of the post :baiting:

Um, one sale of an item does not indicate stability or instability. That's like throwing a rock off the coast of Jersey and saying you caused a wave on the shore of Portugal.

I'm sorry if I come off as a ball buster, but it gets very old to hear people over and over talking about the inevitable market crash.

Edited by ygogolak

No, I just see how it could be an entertaining series for a 6-8 episodes, or whatever netflix does, a year.

I don't have three dimes to scrape together anyway to buy anything decent. I have 3 or 4 copies of She Hulk 1 left, but not 9.8s.

Ha, let me help you out with the key sentence in the article.

Which new hero are you looking forward to seeing on Netflix? Who would you want to see playing the new additions to Marvel’s Netflix Universe? More importantly, Happy April Fool’s Day True Believers!

Now this is a righteous ball busting :tonofbricks:

who the f can read all the way through all thee stupid articles!

Ha, agreed. Once I saw it I was looking for a date. Once I didn't see one I skimmed the article I saw that last sentence.

The date is right at the top, under the headline. (shrug)

The date is right at the top, under the headline. (shrug)

Posted 4 days ago by Stuart Conover

It is? (shrug) I saw that but that could be just static text. I've never been on the site before and don't know it's reputation.

Kiind of a neat idea actually, especially with the sigs that are on it.

I actually agree, lol ...

You get to see the ad, and it has sigs. To each their own.

Really cool and I raise my beer for someone who thought outside of the longbox. Cheers to capitalism! Y'know it's not like Trimpe is signing any more of these, nobody else can say "I think I'll do that too!"

At least the seller had the sense to get more than one of 'em done. Here's another:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Premiere-19-Hulk-181-AD-Page-Only-1st-Wolverine-CGC-SS-Wein-Trimpe-/281991543015?hash=item41a80178e7:g:-RwAAOSw--1Wtl9X

That these HULK 181 ad page books are significant at all....tells me the market is crazy unstable.

He's not scolding people for buying what they like, he's opining that because people buy these (whether they like them or not) the market is unstable. You could disagree with this point, but if you're going to bust everyone's balls, don't change the meaning of the post :baiting:

Um, one sale of an item does not indicate stability or instability. That's like throwing a rock off the coast of Jersey and saying you caused a wave on the shore of Portugal.

I'm sorry if I come off as a ball buster, but it gets very old to hear people over and over talking about the inevitable market crash.

Simple physics says it won't, so no worries there (thumbs u

Really cool and I raise my beer for someone who thought outside of the longbox. Cheers to capitalism! Y'know it's not like Trimpe is signing any more of these, nobody else can say "I think I'll do that too!"

At least the seller had the sense to get more than one of 'em done. Here's another:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Premiere-19-Hulk-181-AD-Page-Only-1st-Wolverine-CGC-SS-Wein-Trimpe-/281991543015?hash=item41a80178e7:g:-RwAAOSw--1Wtl9X

I don't like the idea of dismembering a book. On the other hand, i know people want to see the sigs on the relevant page, so slabbing the Premiere 19 doesn't do that.

Simple physics says it won't, so no worries there (thumbs u

Actually, there have been three separate sales of these pages slabbed recently. Although one that sold seems to have been relisted by the original seller.

Seems to me that this is a better value:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hulk-180-CGC-4-5-X3-Signatures-Lee-Wei-Trimpe-With-Hulk-Sketch-/151987161091?hash=item2363240803:g:kwgAAOSw5dNWnW1c

And I know, not everyone can afford it.

Or this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-180-FIRST-APPEARANCE-WOLVERINE-CAMEO-CGC-7-5-1974-WEIN-TRIMPE-/281979316410?hash=item41a746e8ba:g:PFkAAOSwLpdW9KK5

I don't like the idea of dismembering a book. On the other hand, i know people want to see the sigs on the relevant page, so slabbing the Premiere 19 doesn't do that.

Couldn't you just have the book slabbed with it opened to the ad page? Of course it would get damaged, but still would be intact.

Couldn't you just have the book slabbed with it opened to the ad page? Of course it would get damaged, but still would be intact.

This is what low grade beater and coverless copies are good for. I framed some great Marvel silver age in-house ads from books that were trashed

I suppose these pages could have been taken from beaters, but the pages look pretty crisp, so I'm not so sure.

And, of course, now Premiere 19 is becoming a desirable book, so if they were dismembering decent mid-grade or better copies they might have been a lot better off figuring out a way to spend the slabbing fees on the whole book.

That's the point I thought you were getting at. I agree with you on that. This too small a sample by which to judge the whole market. I also disagree with the OP's conclusion, I think this actually shows a strong market, one in which people feel confident enough to lay good money down for something oddball like this. Enjoy the market while it's strong. :headbang:

That's the point I thought you were getting at. I agree with you on that. This too small a sample by which to judge the whole market. I also disagree with the OP's conclusion, I think this actually shows a strong market, one in which people feel confident enough to lay good money down for something oddball like this. Enjoy the market while it's strong. :headbang:

(thumbs u

I'm referring specificially to the recent 1st appearance craze. Does that market actually appear stable to you? BIN fodder turning to gold overnight?

They slabbed an ad page from a bronze book.

If you're going to dissect 1st appearances that far.....go grab a copy of IRONFIST 13 & look at the last page.

It looks like the new Black Panther comic this week caused a quick bump for the original solo series.

Black Panther #1

Not huge. Yet. The book had a bump a bit back. I do like seeing that it has gone beyond just #1.

Some of those Marvel Premieres later on have some snazzy covers and topics.