• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

I read that too, but that’s not evidence. Shuma has been mentioned for well over a year, I got my mp run then, and usually when a rumor is that persistent it turns out to be true, but it’s not a set photo or toy design or -script leak

On 5/23/2021 at 5:53 PM, shiverbones said:

I read that too, but that’s not evidence. Shuma has been mentioned for well over a year, I got my mp run then, and usually when a rumor is that persistent it turns out to be true, but it’s not a set photo or toy design or --script leak

A set or -script leak doesn't mean it makes the final cut. Believe what you want but if you go by what you need you will know when you are sitting in the theater.

On 5/19/2021 at 10:20 AM, batmiesta said:

So true. By my calculations Marvel will have to bring out at least 20 movies a year for the next 10 years to get all these rumored characters appearances in . o.O  

LOL

Random youtuber in 2020: "Hey guys there is a rumour that Mephisto is coming!"

....causes mass market hysteria

Random youtuber in 2045 upon an announcement of Mephisto as the villain in the 10th Avengers flick (and when Youtube has become obsolete and people are using a platform called "Hologrammer": "See I told all of you he was coming!"

On 5/20/2021 at 12:25 AM, I_Am_Not_A_Cat said:

It has to be the good speculators selling to the not good. For the past decade there has been a steady supply of new speculators. Really increased recently. They think they can buy it now and it will jump in value when the trailer or movie comes. 

I find it hard to believe that there is enough people who always wanted the first appearance of a sixtopus with 1 eye but could never come up with the 20 bucks to get it but heard the news and all the sudden they have to have it. 

Right?

Like who, after seeing White Vision in Wandavision, was like "OH MY GOD THAT CHARACTER IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!! WHATS IT COST TO OWN, $50, $100, $500 in a 9.8!?!! I DON'T CARE I WANT ITTTTTT!!!"

The buyers of that book had to buy when they did with the intent on selling. And when they sold, the buyers then were buyers who thought they too could eventually upsell. And the buyers when THEY sold....you see the trend here right? That cannot sustain. And like you said, no way there are that many white vision fans who care an iota more about that character now. Similarly, there are probably some buyers who are like "oh wait what that book is valuable? Well I want to be cool and on trend, I will buy it!" with no real attachment to the character other than the fact they did not want to be left out.

On 5/20/2021 at 6:24 PM, the blob said:

doesn't need to be a movie, disney+ show too... although i still haven't sold my machine man 6 and 7....

You know, that Machine Man 7 was hitting what, $20-30 during its height? Am I a fool for not selling and waiting until now to just buy back a copy for $2 (recent ebay sale)? At the time, I just did not want to break up my Machine Man run lol. And yes, I have a Machine Man run...

19 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

You know, that Machine Man 7 was hitting what, $20-30 during its height? Am I a fool for not selling and waiting until now to just buy back a copy for $2 (recent ebay sale)? At the time, I just did not want to break up my Machine Man run lol. And yes, I have a Machine Man run...

yes, actually it was a bit more, i had them up, with a best offer, really beautiful copies, but nobody inquired. i had the set up for $50 or $60, which might have been aggressive, but that never stops anyone from a lower offer usually. with that said, it seems unclear whether "the power broker" is no more as that still makes sense as carter's street name while she moles her way into the guvment again, but i guess it's just a name and people aren't gonna be so excited. with that said, a mid-grade copy just sold for $25 and a pretty nice one for $26.

Edited by the blob

2 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Like who, after seeing White Vision in Wandavision, was like "OH MY GOD THAT CHARACTER IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!!

I would guess that a lot of people are like me and have friends or family who watch the comic character shows movies but have never or have any desire to buy a comic book. Especially spend hundreds or thousands on a comic book. 

57 minutes ago, I_Am_Not_A_Cat said:

I would guess that a lot of people are like me and have friends or family who watch the comic character shows movies but have never or have any desire to buy a comic book. Especially spend hundreds or thousands on a comic book. 

That's my experience.  We have a few cousins in the 5-11 year old range and they love the Marvel movies/shows.  They were over here one day talking about WandaVision so I said, "do you guys know that Vision started out in comic books, and here's his first appearance" and hauled out Avengers 57.  Basically got yawns, not that they're going to spend a lot of (or any) money on comics today, and maybe they'll remember that day down the line when they can.  Everyone starts somewhere for some reason, so there's no downside to talking up the hobby.

4 hours ago, MattTheDuck said:

That's my experience.  We have a few cousins in the 5-11 year old range and they love the Marvel movies/shows.  They were over here one day talking about WandaVision so I said, "do you guys know that Vision started out in comic books, and here's his first appearance" and hauled out Avengers 57.  Basically got yawns, not that they're going to spend a lot of (or any) money on comics today, and maybe they'll remember that day down the line when they can.  Everyone starts somewhere for some reason, so there's no downside to talking up the hobby.

good job.  This does make me worried that once Millennials turn 60, will there be anyone else left to buy comics?   Sounds like Gen Z is a dead end for comics.    

Just now, Wolverinex said:

good job.  This does make me worried that once Millennials turn 60, will there be anyone else left to buy comics?   Sounds like Gen Z is a dead end for comics.    

We need a poll on here asking everyone 25 and under if they intend to start collecting GA or SA comics in the future (if they aren't already).

1 minute ago, MattTheDuck said:

We need a poll on here asking everyone 25 and under if they intend to start collecting GA or SA comics in the future (if they aren't already).

That's an excellent idea... If you set one up, let me know.  I'll try to send it out.