• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,732 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2022 at 2:54 AM, littledoom said:

Doubt the villain angle would even be used. Seems overplayed. I thought Namor’s join forces trope was funny in Wakanda Forever

So they somehow make hustler a hero? I mean…. I’d get behind a Superior Foes of Spidey film focusing on D list villains a man the comic series. But hustler as a hero for some reason? Pass

On 12/18/2022 at 7:19 AM, comicginger1789 said:

So they somehow make hustler a hero? I mean…. I’d get behind a Superior Foes of Spidey film focusing on D list villains a man the comic series. But hustler as a hero for some reason? Pass

I don’t think there’s even a comic series for this character. Appears in one or two comics and gets a movie like El Muerto? Lol. No one was asking. That’s why it was a dollar book. I think Savage Dragon could use a treatment 

On 12/18/2022 at 10:15 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Just google jt. Takes two seconds. Tons of articles from sources seemingly making it legit. Apologies for no link as I was on my phone and it would t let me copy paste it so I screen shot it and just went with that

If I wanted to make fake news posts it wouldn’t be this lol

Yeah, like I said, never said it was fake.

On 12/17/2022 at 10:26 PM, NP_Gresham said:
On 12/17/2022 at 3:59 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

If you change this to “lowest first” and cut out the ‘best match” option. Count the books in the $2 - $10 range

Plenty of cheap sales , to offset the knee-jerk reactionary buyers with more cash than sense

Yes, plenty of $2-$10 sales, as it should be, but that was before the announcement. Change it to "recent sales" and everything is crazy high. Ebay was cleaned out and only pricey copies are for sale now, a la ever other movie hype initial announcement book of the last several years. After Key Collector adds it to the trending list, prices will still be ridiculous for a while at least.

On 12/16/2022 at 7:48 PM, jjfversion1 said:

Spectacular Spider-Man #24

Hypno-Hustler!

On 12/19/2022 at 8:07 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

You know that Rocket Racer is next...

I said that exact name to my friend earlier today. 

On 12/19/2022 at 8:17 AM, MAR1979 said:

It will never be made. 

On 12/19/2022 at 2:06 PM, batmiesta said:

Exactly! And even if it was, who would care? 

So, pardon my ignorance, but why would they even consider this?  Are they just pulling rando nobodies out of their.... er.....ear?  There are a dozen half somebodies they could make a movie with that might move the needle, but they choose some filler goofball?  Heck, the Meteor Man (or Looter if you prefer) has had several appearances over the years.  I'm confused. 

Edited by Spidey 62

On 12/21/2022 at 5:32 AM, pickycollector said:

Do not under-estimate the stupidity absurdity of film makers :gossip:

If a live action movie could be released of the 'Mystery Men' (Dark Horse), then any 3rd or 4th tier hero could make it too big screen release. Aardvark-Vanaheim's (?) 'Mystery Men' not even listed in Overstreet due to no demand.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

On 12/21/2022 at 10:49 AM, aardvark88 said:
On 12/21/2022 at 5:32 AM, pickycollector said:

Do not under-estimate the stupidity absurdity of film makers :gossip:

If a live action movie could be released of the 'Mystery Men' (Dark Horse), then any 3rd or 4th tier hero could make it too big screen release. Aardvark-Vanaheim's (?) 'Mystery Men' not even listed in Overstreet due to no demand.

Wouldn't another perfect example of a 3rd or 4th tier super hero book which nobody had heard of before being turned into a movie be Guardians of the Galaxy?  hm  (shrug)

On 12/21/2022 at 10:56 AM, lou_fine said:

Wouldn't another perfect example of a 3rd or 4th tier super hero book which nobody had heard of before being turned into a movie be Guardians of the Galaxy?  hm  (shrug)

I don't think you'd have millions of people seeing any of these movies if the only people you let in were those who know the characters.  If you make an entertaining, emotionally compelling movie, people will go see it even though they don't know the characters.

On 12/25/2022 at 6:05 PM, ninanina said:

For a graded 9.8 of a fairly early direct variant, I'm not surprised.

On 12/25/2022 at 6:05 PM, ninanina said:

Someone trying to complete a Marvel Premiere 9.8 run, and a seldom-graded book, because why would you?

On 12/18/2022 at 11:03 AM, littledoom said:

I don’t think there’s even a comic series for this character. Appears in one or two comics and gets a movie like El Muerto? Lol. No one was asking. That’s why it was a dollar book. I think Savage Dragon could use a treatment 

Based on Sony's track record, I am guessing that this fake synopsis of the El Meurto movie will be far more entertaining than the actual movie.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

The Hypno Hustler, lol. I think I vaguely remember buying this off the newsstand...only because I collected the title. 13 year-old me thought the villain was something out of an SNL skit...and then I almost barfed when I saw the interior art: Frank Springer :sick:

Pretty sure I stopped buying the title for awhile after that one!