• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2023 at 12:16 PM, AbsoluteCarnage said:

I'd like to nominate this book for the most money you'll spend VS amount of CGC registry point awards you'll receive placing it in any set Award.

You should try the DC Whitman variants…

On 3/25/2023 at 5:17 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Personally I think it's super silly to speculate on C- and D- list villains like Madame Web.

Maybe C/D-list, but since when is Madame Web a villain?

On 3/25/2023 at 11:29 PM, Lazyboy said:

Maybe C/D-list, but since when is Madame Web a villain?

Well, whatever you want to call her ... a mysterious figure who manipulates the hero and whose intentions are always murky and subject to the whims of the latest writer.

There are plenty of characters like this, Agatha Harkness being a good example of one who's set up as a clear villain in the MCU but not so much in the comics.

On 3/25/2023 at 3:17 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Personally I think it's super silly to speculate on C- and D- list villains like Madame Web.  I only own this book because I'm a run collector.

When these characters get used in the MCU or Disney+, they are usually throwaway and then all the speculators end up hurt.  Look at ASM #212 (1st Hydro Man) for example -- the payoff for all the MCU rumors about Hydro Man, I guess, was when Mysterio created a bunch of "elementals" in Spider-Man:  Far From Home.  Big swing and a miss.

There are many others like this -- how about the Wrecking Crew showing up briefly in the She-Hulk show only to get tossed around and forgotten?  Etc. etc.

Bingo; why would anyone think a movie from the Sony Spider-Verse that does not contain Spidey will be anything other than the utter garbage previously seen?