• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2023 at 3:44 PM, makeminemarvel said:

Marvel Premiere 28 continues to buck the downward trend.  I sold the one I had years ago.

marvel premiere 28 for sale | eBay

I sold my handful of copies too early as well. At the time I figured I should unload them all since they had finally popped and would drop again. lol 

On 3/31/2023 at 11:42 PM, MAR1979 said:

It's an interesting odd-ball, but I do wonder if in long run that it's perhaps more potatoes than meat.

It's a decent enough cover, interior art is fairly pants though, I don't get these people paying 1000's for a 9.6/9.8 copy I can live without it at that price.

On 3/31/2023 at 6:47 PM, batmiesta said:

It's a decent enough cover, interior art is fairly pants though, I don't get these people paying 1000's for a 9.6/9.8 copy I can live without it at that price.

I like the Cardy Cover - is that his only for Marvel? But Ghost Rider's cheesy word balloon verbiage to me ruins it as display piece. By that I mean is on shelves in my home office I rotate 12 slabs pretty near every Saturday.

I remember buying a raw and posting here of the premiere 28 and getting a look.

I subbed it and it came back 7.5 cgc and getting more looks lol

Though none through the internet haha. :roflmao:

But I sold it at hint of 1st spike, but only for like $200, but I agree with @batmiesta I could live without it even at that price. :)

I have kept several other books that I've never sold that I liked more that have further decreased in value, and yet if I had bought the amazing fantasy 15 for 300k? And 3 to 4 months one in grade later sold for 115k, which is less than half? I'm trying to tell myself that I'd be satisfied with the book in high grade.

Then I'd go to the doctor to check how long I'll live, give it 10 years of "a" will to live lol

And if it was only a 7 or 8 year estimate idk get a brain scan. :ohnoez:

rantrant:butbutbutemoji:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/31/2023 at 3:57 PM, MAR1979 said:

I like the Cardy Cover - is that his only for Marvel? But Ghost Rider's cheesy word balloon verbiage to me ruins it as display piece. By that I mean is on shelves in my home office I rotate 12 slabs pretty near every Saturday.

I know he did covers for Crazy, but I believe you’re correct that MP #28 is his only standard comic format cover for Marvel.

On 4/2/2023 at 1:58 PM, jokiing said:

This last week I had (5) slabbed Daredevil sell through MCS (4 sold thru ebay) ... #113,114,135,141 &181. Anyone else seeing a recent increase in sales?

Grades and prices? 

On 4/2/2023 at 2:34 PM, mr_highgrade said:

Grades and prices? 

As you wish.... first price MCS / second price MCS via ebay. If it wasn't for all the shenanigans on ebay..... sad to say.

DD113 CGC 9.4 ....  $169

DD114 CGC 9.2  ... $425 / $495

DD135 CGC 9.2 ... $89 / $105

DD141 CGC 9.0 ... $99 / $115

DD181 CGC 9.8 ... $225 / $260

On 3/25/2023 at 11:00 AM, comic_memories said:

Looks like 2021 prices won't be broken. I wondered if those buyers have to stick with them until the prices go back where the top marks were.  I can settle my CGC 9.4 copy.

ScreenShot2023-04-02at8_03_18PM.thumb.png.af597154fd665205108997ba420bb536.png

On 3/31/2023 at 9:57 PM, pickycollector said:

It has art by Frank Robbins :sick:

This. Fun story as I remember but it has been a while (bought it off the racks) but the interior art is awful. I have always loved the cover (works in the same way FF 48’s cover does), and it is Cardy’s only Marvel cover, IIRC. It’s a unique one-off in Marvel history and weak art notwithstanding that should keep it sought after. I can’t see why it should be overly pricey either, though. Maybe supply/demand is more skewed than I assume? (shrug)

Reminds me of Brave and the Bold #34 — classic Kubert cover on the silver age Hawkman comeback, but it’s DC’s most unreadable silver relaunch. Ugh. But that Kubert cover with the rich dark blue background  :cloud9: Yeah, I know we’re in bronze, just making a loose analogy.

On 4/3/2023 at 8:12 AM, MAR1979 said:

Re: Robbins - some folks like their comic heroes looking like heroin addicts in mid stages of withdrawel. Or at least original art collectors do as Robbins 70s pages sell for decent coin even the Human Fly stuff

That is a GREAT description of his work!

On 4/2/2023 at 11:58 AM, jokiing said:

This last week I had (5) slabbed Daredevil sell through MCS (4 sold thru ebay) ... #113,114,135,141 &181. Anyone else seeing a recent increase in sales?

DD is heating up due to the recentish D+ announcements. You can add GL to the list as well. Both titles are selling through when I list new copies on eBay.