• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

This book definitely sells well in any condition raw or graded.  Spidey Super Stories 25 1st appearance of Web-Man.   Don't buy this copy on Ebay.   It has a pen mark in the comics code box.  

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by comic_memories

On 12/27/2023 at 9:02 PM, NoChance said:

I'm the buyer. I had the winning bid at $290 but was ran up at the last minute. I really didn't want to pay this much, but this book hardly ever comes up for sale. This purchase leaves me 2 books away from a full graded run.

For me, Scooby Marvel is more scarce than hot. It feels like there are only a few of us competing against each other for these books. Being so close to completing my set has made it harder to pass this book up.

Are you working on Scooby sets from Gold Key and Charlton as well? Curious what you find to be the toughies in those runs, if so.

Dazzler 1 continues its climb. It will get a speculator bump this week as its been featured some on spec sites this week. It's been a very lucrative book for me over the last two months

As well as xmen 130 being red hot.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 12/30/2023 at 6:10 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

But but but spec is dead! 

It will always exist but in downtrodden Comic Book Market with few Rubes spending freely its suppressed quite a bit.  Was easy for many to look smart from April 2020 to April 2022 but now those posers are revealed. 

Present state of the MCU is also a negative contributor.  The current still growing in scope CGC scandal simply will not help the Comic market, the only question is how much will it hurt?

For the most part there are many current better and safe investments out there. 

P.S. regarding any spike on Dazzler 1, it will come back down so anyone purchasing now is foolish.

On 12/30/2023 at 1:09 PM, MAR1979 said:

It will always exist but in downtrodden Comic Book Market with few Rubes spending freely its suppressed quite a bit.  Was easy for many to look smart from April 2020 to April 2022 but now those posers are revealed. 

Present state of the MCU is also a negative contributor.  The current still growing in scope CGC scandal simply will not help the Comic market, the only question is how much will it hurt?

P.S. regarding any spike on Dazzler 1, it will come back down so anyone purchasing now is foolish.

People buying Dazzler #1 right now are foolish, agreed.

People selling Dazzler #1 right now are executing speculation to perfection. 

I’m small time, but December (contrary to most years) has been very strong for me, especially for Bronze and Copper. Sales include Bizarre Adventures, Deadly Hands of Kung Fu, Devil Dinosaur, Fast Willie Jackson, Ghost Rider, Ms. marvel, lots of Archie’s and a Marvel Super Special.

perhaps it’s just luck, but the market seems to be improving a bit…

On 12/30/2023 at 12:09 PM, MAR1979 said:

You can make this comment all year long as movies and gossip from spec sites leak out. There is always someone entering
the market.

Now in this case just if she appears and it's still a big IF the book will not go down for a long time.(The fact that she is good friends
with Ryan Reyonlds and his wife doesn't hurt either.) There is a huge fan base that
is rabid for anything she does. I'm more than happy to gamble on this some then any other speculation this year. All my sales
the last 2 months have been to women or at least the accounts have a women's name on them buying this book. I only wish
I had horded more Uncanny 130s.

On 12/31/2023 at 12:07 AM, fastballspecial said:

You can make this comment all year long as movies and gossip from spec sites leak out. There is always someone entering
the market.

Now in this case just if she appears and it's still a big IF the book will not go down for a long time.(The fact that she is good friends
with Ryan Reyonlds and his wife doesn't hurt either.) There is a huge fan base that
is rabid for anything she does. I'm more than happy to gamble on this some then any other speculation this year. All my sales
the last 2 months have been to women or at least the accounts have a women's name on them buying this book. I only wish

Will be very funny if she does appear and it's as "herself".

On 12/30/2023 at 11:07 PM, fastballspecial said:

the market.

I only have a 9.4 graded copy of 130.  Sigh.  Better than nothing.  

On 1/14/2024 at 8:00 PM, comic_memories said:

Marvel Team-Up 91 CGC 9.8 Newsstand  $515.00.     MARVEL TEAM-UP 91 CGC 9.8 OW-W - SPIDER-MAN/GHOST RIDER - NEWSSTAND! | eBay

mtu 91 9.8.jpg

Its definitely got that old school feel :)