• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2024 at 7:20 AM, ThothAmon said:

Love seeing books like this blow up. Not mine but I’m curious to see where it ends. 

IMG_0027.jpeg

Low supply, cult following. Supply needs to at least semi-steady to be considered "hot" on eBay :)

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/23/2024 at 7:20 AM, ThothAmon said:

Love seeing books like this blow up. Not mine but I’m curious to see where it ends. 

On 1/24/2024 at 6:10 PM, MAR1979 said:

Low supply, cult following. Supply needs to at least semi-steady to be considered "hot" on eBay :)

I think you may be missing the implications of @ThothAmon's post... What's hot right now? Licensed properties of all sorts... TV shows, video games, cartoons, toys, role-playing games, etc. We all watched what Scooby Doo did over the last few years, and now other titles are following in its wake. There are a lot of Bronze books in this space that are doing very well at the moment.

On 1/25/2024 at 9:23 AM, Brock said:

I think you may be missing the implications of @ThothAmon's post... What's hot right now? Licensed properties of all sorts... TV shows, video games, cartoons, toys, role-playing games, etc. We all watched what Scooby Doo did over the last few years, and now other titles are following in its wake. There are a lot of Bronze books in this space that are doing very well at the moment.

Yeah, what @Brock said!

fair enough but the full context you just provided had not been supplied prior to my last response.

Please LMK when Dino Flintstone from Charlton is "hot". He's not a dog but close enough :)  Actually he acts more like a dog than Scooby or Shoeshine Boy (u-dog)

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/25/2024 at 6:00 PM, batmiesta said:

It might this guys asking price but latest sales have it around the $650 region. 

The price is marked down from $1650.00.  I was wondering if there was a recent price increase for some unknown reason.

On 1/26/2024 at 11:50 AM, AGGIEZ said:
On 1/25/2024 at 8:10 PM, batmiesta said:

Like TA said, he may be confusing it with a Newsstand copy which does go for around the $1100 mark.

He may be confusing 2024 with 2021 as well...?

I wonder if he bought in 2021 and is now trying recoup as much as he can in 2024?

A LCS owner friend sold a number of ASM 300 CGC 9.8s to some crypto bros at $10K apiece during the Covid peak. Everyone knew it was going to end badly for the buyers, but it sure was great for the store........................

On 1/27/2024 at 7:50 AM, kimik said:

A LCS owner friend sold a number of ASM 300 CGC 9.8s to some crypto bros at $10K apiece during the Covid peak. Everyone knew it was going to end badly for the buyers, but it sure was great for the store........................

Ouch!