• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,847 posts in this topic

Guardians of the Galaxy #1 CGC 9.8 @ $76 & 19 bids. Really? :insane:

Uncanny X-Men #281 CGC 9.8 @ $112 & 20 bids.

Conan #246 CGC 9.8 @ $127 & 8 bids.

Batman #426 CGC 9.8 @ $150 & 1 bids. :ohnoez:

That's not x-men 281, it's 282

No one asking you for your input

lol06B8E132-FA76-4027-A3B7-92A1143B57C3-4399-000002AEEA5643A3.jpg

That's right, no one is asking you for your input.

Edited by Paper Airplane

Guardians of the Galaxy #1 CGC 9.8 @ $76 & 19 bids. Really? :insane:

Uncanny X-Men #281 CGC 9.8 @ $112 & 20 bids.

Batman #426 CGC 9.8 @ $150 & 1 bids. :ohnoez:

That's not x-men 281, it's 282

No one asking you for your input

lol06B8E132-FA76-4027-A3B7-92A1143B57C3-4399-000002AEEA5643A3.jpg

That's right, no one is asking you for your input.

He was holding onto that waiting for the right time cause he has nothing else to do with his time

He was holding onto that waiting for the right time cause he has nothing else to do with his time

I've been waiting at my computer, constantly refreshing this page until that opportunity came. I lost my job and girlfriend but it was allllll worth it.

I've been waiting at my computer, constantly refreshing this page until that opportunity came. I lost my job and girlfriend but it was allllll worth it.

You lost your job and your girlfriend? Good

There's been quite an uptick in J. Buscema Conan OA recently too. Here's a discussion on a recently sold page that had a crazy high hammer price.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6942468#Post6942468

John Buscema and Ernie Chan are two of my favorite Conan artists.

:cloud9:

Wait, what? No way that final bid is anywhere close to legit? Why would this be going for more than $30?

Ended at $635 :o

I smell a registry competition. hm

It looks like the winning bidder at $635 was also the first bidder at $65.

Also, I just checked GPA and might have found an answer as to the high price. There are only two CGC graded examples of this book and this is the one and only copy graded CGC 9.8. The only other graded copy is a 9.4.

However, this book has to be fairly easy to find raw for $5 or less... I'd rather buy 10 "mint" raw copies and sub the best copy myself, rather than spending that ridiculous amount of money on an otherwise common book.

Wait, what? No way that final bid is anywhere close to legit? Why would this be going for more than $30?

Ended at $635 :o

I smell a registry competition. hm

It looks like the winning bidder at $635 was also the first bidder at $65.

Also, I just checked GPA and might have found an answer as to the high price. There are only two CGC graded examples of this book and this is the one and only copy graded CGC 9.8. The only other graded copy is a 9.4.

However, this book has to be fairly easy to find raw for $5 or less... I'd rather buy 10 "mint" raw copies and sub the best copy myself, rather than spending that ridiculous amount of money on an otherwise common book.

It's probably not as common as you think in HG. It was towards the end of the Marvel run and they weren't printing anywhere near the amount of copies that the early issues had. And registry chasers have already shown that when a book is "1 of 1" in 9.8, that they will pay whatever it takes to get the book. A lot of them don't want to bother hunting down raw books to sub, they just pay the already slabbed books, whatever the price.

X-Force #2 @ $10 & 10 bids? (shrug) All but the last bidder seems legit.

People are finally looking for Deadpool's 2nd appearance? :insane:

His second appearance is actually in he X-Force 1 Gold Reprint!

The regular X-Force #1 issues have that same one-page Deadpool profile summary, and not just the gold reprint.