• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,854 posts in this topic

Cue X-Factor 5 & 6 (1st Apocalypse) in 5........ 4........ 3......... 2........

Apocalypse Quote: "I cannot be touched. I cannot be harmed. Watch me and tremble... for I bring the purity of oblivion to your world."

Wasn't Dicck Cheney the one who said that? Edited by Paper Airplane

Cue X-Factor 5 & 6 (1st Apocalypse) in 5........ 4........ 3......... 2........

Apocalypse Quote: "I cannot be touched. I cannot be harmed. Watch me and tremble... for I bring the purity of oblivion to your world."

Well, on eBay, all the copies of #5 under $5 are gone ( :devil: ) and a bunch are being newly listed for $25 and up...

:shrug:

-slym

I am glad I snagged a few X-Factor #6s for cheap this past year and the collection I pick up on the weekend has a couple more.

Me too....So glad I hung onto them.

Too bad you did not package them up to me with the other books..... lol

If I recall correctly, the two copies in this collection might be CDN newsstand copies as well. I know the ASM #252 definitely is, as well as others around that time, so :wishluck: I will add a couple more to the variant stash.

I want to throw my hat into the ring on this Copper Age! Bought out all the store stock from a dealer who had a store during the 70's and 80's.

This doesn't even scractch the surface on the rest I didn't photogragh. The few sent to CGC have all are returned 9.8 and White pages. Here's a few more that will keep CGC busy. This stuff was never circulated or sold and have been stored for 20 to 30 years.

There are the same multiples ( nearly 50 each of Nova #1, Star Wars #1 and yes, Hulk #271. Mostly Newsstand and Canadian Editions ) About 28,000 comics in all, perfectly preserved.

003_zps7f94b578.jpg

001_zps8d153651.jpg

002_zps5ac3a2e5.jpg

:applause:

$50 for a NM X factor 6 too much?

Keep telling yourself that as the prices start to climb. When 9.8s are selling for $250 (+), a solid NM for $50 is going to be on the low side.

I just sold a copy (9.8) for $275. :cloud9:

So... It begins.

Keep telling yourself that as the prices start to climb. When 9.8s are selling for $250 (+), a solid NM for $50 is going to be on the low side.

So... It begins.

I can see it going well above $300 again.

So... It begins.

I can see it going well above $300 again.

No doubt. I think the fever will start hitting after the new year.

I want to throw my hat into the ring on this Copper Age! Bought out all the store stock from a dealer who had a store during the 70's and 80's.

This doesn't even scractch the surface on the rest I didn't photogragh. The few sent to CGC have all are returned 9.8 and White pages. Here's a few more that will keep CGC busy. This stuff was never circulated or sold and have been stored for 20 to 30 years.

There are the same multiples ( nearly 50 each of Nova #1, Star Wars #1 and yes, Hulk #271. Mostly Newsstand and Canadian Editions ) About 28,000 comics in all, perfectly preserved.

003_zps7f94b578.jpg

001_zps8d153651.jpg

002_zps5ac3a2e5.jpg

well, nobody every said these were rare or hard to find, but it doesn't seem to matter. $50-$150 for a raw relatively common hot book is now within bounds. it's not like there aren't oodles of ASM 238, ASM 300, NTT 2, NM 98, Hulk 271, Preacher 1, etc. out there. x-factor was a new X title, popular....

What astonishes me is that 5/6 were books you could (and I did...unlike a frigging NM 98) find in $1-$2 boxes for a long while. Why? Sure, the big A hadn't been a huge character for a bit, but criminey, he's the 1980s Thanos, you know he's out there and was the basis for some pretty epic story lines! At least Deadpool had at least a 3-5 year period where the character was pretty dead.

well, nobody every said these were rare or hard to find, but it doesn't seem to matter. $50-$150 for a raw relatively common hot book is now within bounds. it's not like there aren't oodles of ASM 238, ASM 300, NTT 2, NM 98, Hulk 271, Preacher 1, etc. out there. x-factor was a new X title, popular....

What astonishes me is that 5/6 were books you could (and I did...unlike a frigging NM 98) find in $1-$2 boxes for a long while. Why? Sure, the big A hadn't been a huge character for a bit, but criminey, he's the 1980s Thanos, you know he's out there and was the basis for some pretty epic story lines! At least Deadpool had at least a 3-5 year period where the character was pretty dead.

I think 2014 is really going to be the year of the CA. My hunch is we will see at least 10-20+ copper books selling in the $50 + range raw high grade and at least 10-20+ 9.8 books movie into the 400-500+ dollar range.

I think 2014 is really going to be the year of the CA. My hunch is we will see at least 10-20+ copper books selling in the $50 + range raw high grade and at least 10-20+ 9.8 books movie into the 400-500+ dollar range.

So far, it's been 2013, but I like your idea better. :)

003_zps7f94b578.jpg

001_zps8d153651.jpg

002_zps5ac3a2e5.jpg

Honest question, but who is buying these issues and driving their prices up? Speculators? Collectors? X-Factor is one of those titles that is in probably 80% of the collections of collectors who were around when it launched in the mid 1980s. I'm guessing those collectors make up a large number of the current collectors. I just looked and I have 2 copies of all the X-Factor issues from 1-70. Between this comic, NM98, and a few others, I'm starting to feel there is hope that I'll be able to cash out someday instead of breaking even or taking a loss as I had originally thought. :banana:

003_zps7f94b578.jpg

001_zps8d153651.jpg

002_zps5ac3a2e5.jpg

:headbang:

And I would sell them one at a time. :devil:

Yeah, I can't help thinking that cashing out is a pretty good call at this time.

There are so many people that have many multiple copies of these kinds of books. I think that their are plenty of copies to go around for the actual collectors that want one copy.

These books all depend on hoarding to maintain any real price support, IMO. On a downturn, those hoards will turn to selling pretty quick.

Strike while the iron is hot.

Honest question, but who is buying these issues and driving their prices up? Speculators? Collectors? X-Factor is one of those titles that is in probably 80% of the collections of collectors who were around when it launched in the mid 1980s. I'm guessing those collectors make up a large number of the current collectors. I just looked and I have 2 copies of all the X-Factor issues from 1-70. Between this comic, NM98, and a few others, I'm starting to feel there is hope that I'll be able to cash out someday instead of breaking even or taking a loss as I had originally thought. :banana: