• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

Most Popular Copper Age Search Terms:

New Mutants #87 (Ha! Not #98.)

Wolverine #10

TMNT #1 (well duh)

X-Factor #24 (will most likely change to #5 or #6 before to much longer)

Web of Spiderman #1 (huh?)

All 20 can be found on the website.

I monitor my own listings with regards to watchers, many of my books do not make your list even though they have a higher watch count. New Mutants 98 does not make the top 20, nor does ASM 300 of favorite searches, sorry but those are the two mega Copper Keys. No X-Factor 6 either hm

Edited by topnotchman

"Watch" counts are completely erroneous and irrelevant. Most of my watchers are other sellers seeing if I hit my mark . . . :baiting:

Yes but Whetteons report is in error as its not accurately recording some of my watch counts, which leads me to believe that the search count is inaccurate also. The absence of New Mutants 98 and Amazing Spider-man 300 not cracking the top 20? Amazing Spider-Man 129 and 121 do not make the top 20 under bronze either, I'm not a believer.

I looked under popular search all ages, which I would think is all era's in comic books categories combined. New Mutants 98 is #3 which to me sounds accurate, yet New Mutants 98 isn't popular enough to crack the top 20 in either Modern nor Copper? ASM 300 is #20 over all, yet does not make the top 20 in a specialized category. I think Whetteon has an interesting site that has promise, I do like the idea and his support here on the Chat boards as a valuable member. However the site in my opinion still has bugs or errors in the software.

Most Popular Copper Age Search Terms:

New Mutants #87 (Ha! Not #98.)

Wolverine #10

TMNT #1 (well duh)

X-Factor #24 (will most likely change to #5 or #6 before to much longer)

Web of Spiderman #1 (huh?)

All 20 can be found on the website.

I monitor my own listings with regards to watchers, many of my books do not make your list even though they have a higher watch count. New Mutants 98 does not make the top 20, nor does ASM 300 of favorite searches, sorry but those are the two mega Copper Keys. No X-Factor 6 either hm

Um... it's not "Watch counts" it's "Popular Search Terms". This is what people are typing into the search field on eBay. Not sure how I can be wrong with this because this information comes directly from eBay. (shrug)

I looked under popular search all ages, which I would think is all era's in comic books categories combined. New Mutants 98 is #3 which to me sounds accurate, yet New Mutants 98 isn't popular enough to crack the top 20 in either Modern nor Copper? ASM 300 is #20 over all, yet does not make the top 20 in a specialized category. I think Whetteon has an interesting site that has promise, I do like the idea and his support here on the Chat boards as a valuable member. However the site in my opinion still has bugs or errors in the software.

Again. This is information from eBay who is watching and tracking this information. If your watch counts are wrong then either eBay is reporting it wrong or you are recording it wrong.

so his first appearance is in issue 1

Well, according to the recent logic of how people are perceiving First Appearances, the first mention of Omega Red is in a Chris Claremont's interview from Amazing Heroes #188 which predates X-Men #1 by several months (AH #188 had a shelf date of Feb 1991, X-Men #1 had a shelf date of Oct 1991) where he discusses the new villain 'Omega Red' in an interview for Marvel's 1991 Projects Preview:

From 'Secrets Behind The X-Men' blog:

"According to Amazing Heroes #188, the books would then start off with three-issue storylines. The X-Men vol.2 team would go up against the Hand and Omega Red."

I'd say that this could be the next HUGE goldmine for collectors if there is even the slightest tentacle or character sketch in AH188. Hell, even saying the words "Omega" and "Red" together for the very first time in connection with the new X-Men title has to be worth something. I'm trying to locate an issue in order to secure the down payment on my new yacht.

Hey another wise a**! How about a real opinion?

Honestly I think its hilarious and I love your contributions!

But I think #4 is going to be the winner with the red arm on the cover.

Cover appearance = first appearance 2c

If issue 4 is his first then don't you have to include these?

1992Shattershot01_zpse1680941.jpg

What_If_Vol_2_33_zps20101d01.jpg

WhatIfv2033-jan92_zps58c945f5.jpg

His appearance is The X-Men Annual is full, not just a head shot. As far as I can tell they all came out in January of 1992.

What you posted makes me think of Hulk 180.

I'm not saying there isn't value there, I'm just saying I think #4 is the winner.

180 came out prior to 181, in this case all three books came out in Jan 1992.

so his first appearance is in issue 1

Well, according to the recent logic of how people are perceiving First Appearances, the first mention of Omega Red is in a Chris Claremont's interview from Amazing Heroes #188 which predates X-Men #1 by several months (AH #188 had a shelf date of Feb 1991, X-Men #1 had a shelf date of Oct 1991) where he discusses the new villain 'Omega Red' in an interview for Marvel's 1991 Projects Preview:

From 'Secrets Behind The X-Men' blog:

"According to Amazing Heroes #188, the books would then start off with three-issue storylines. The X-Men vol.2 team would go up against the Hand and Omega Red."

I'd say that this could be the next HUGE goldmine for collectors if there is even the slightest tentacle or character sketch in AH188. Hell, even saying the words "Omega" and "Red" together for the very first time in connection with the new X-Men title has to be worth something. I'm trying to locate an issue in order to secure the down payment on my new yacht.

Hey another wise a**! How about a real opinion?

Honestly I think its hilarious and I love your contributions!

But I think #4 is going to be the winner with the red arm on the cover.

Cover appearance = first appearance 2c

His appearance is The X-Men Annual is full, not just a head shot. As far as I can tell they all came out in January of 1992.

What you posted makes me think of Hulk 180.

I'm not saying there isn't value there, I'm just saying I think #4 is the winner.

180 came out prior to 181, in this case all three books came out in Jan 1992.

I just purchased a x men 4 9.8 for $40. I'm going to go ahead to stick with what I said lol

Again. This is information from eBay who is watching and tracking this information. If your watch counts are wrong then either eBay is reporting it wrong or you are recording it wrong.

I do not believe more people are searching on Ebay for New Mutants 87 compared to New Mutants 98. Explain to me why you have it #3 under the all ages section, yet in Copper new Mutants 98 is not ranking in the top 20.

I disagree with your assessment.

There are no bugs, rather it's a user mentality. When you go to eBay do you immediately head to the Copper Age section and than do a search or do you just type in what you're searching for on the main website and go from there? This is why New Mutants #98 is #3 in All Ages but is not in the Copper Age most popular search terms. People looking for New Mutants #98 have not taken the time to head to the Copper Age section.

Furthermore, this is information provided to ME from Ebay directly. I do not filter any of the terms out or pick and choose. I do not "process" anything. If you believe there are errors than it's an eBay issue. But I have a hard time thinking eBay doesn't do a good job maintaining their information since it's a secondary source of income. Developers like me pay good money to access this.

(shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Adventures-12-CGC-9-6-WHITE-1st-Harley-Quinn-App-DC-Comic-Cartoon-/131067340685?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e8438e78d

This has 29 bids, why is it not showing up on your site under most active Modern.

I like your contribution to these threads, but for some reason a lot of information is not making your site.

I do not believe more people are searching on Ebay for New Mutants 87 compared to New Mutants 98. Explain to me why you have it #3 under the all ages section, yet in Copper new Mutants 98 is not ranking in the top 20.

Its quite possible that NM 87 is currently the more popular search as people are checking that book out a lot lately, due to X-Force movie news, to see what kind of movement there is on it, especially the 2nd print. NM 98 is a known quantity at this point.

So the creators clearly stating when Omega Red debuts doesn't do it for you?

No. Even the creative team made that clear.

th_Omega_Red005_zps52953318.jpg

And here is the sketch.

th_Omega_Red003_zpscf5e2375.jpg

But there is a cool poster that included Omega Red.

th_Omega_Red002_zps1ffab778.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Adventures-12-CGC-9-6-WHITE-1st-Harley-Quinn-App-DC-Comic-Cartoon-/131067340685?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e8438e78d

This has 29 bids, why is it not showing up on your site under most active Modern.

I like your contribution to these threads, but for some reason a lot of information is not making your site.

"We just found it! 1st time CGC graded!"

Wow, even sparklecity's getting in on the action. Didn't imagine I'd ever see a BA #12 being auctioned by them. Copper's are on the rise! :whee:

And here is the sketch.

[/quote

I do appreciate the info you have provided but no. Dan Slott came right out and said Superior Spider-Man's first appearance was in DD 21 and people still argue against that. In the case of Omega Red-What if 33, X-Men Annual 1 and X-Men 4 came out at the same time. Just because Omega Red's hand is on the cover of X-Men 4 does not mean that that issue should be considered the first appearance over the others. He appears in all three books in the same month. The case for What if 33 is a bit weaker than the rest only because we only see his head but even if one were to say that What if only holds a cameo and X-Men 4 should be considered the first appearance where does that leave the X-Men Annual 1? In that comic he is featured in full in his own panel.

Edited by MrWeen

And here is the sketch.

[/quote

I do appreciate the info you have provided but no. Dan Slott came right out and said Superior Spider-Man's first appearance was in DD 21 and people still argue against that. In the case of Omega Red-What if 33, X-Men Annual 1 and X-Men 4 came out at the same time. Just because Omega Red's hand is on the cover of X-Men 4 does not mean that that issue should be considered the first appearance over the others. He appears in all three books in the same month. The case for What if 33 is a bit weaker than the rest only because we only see his head but even if one were to say that What if only holds a cameo and X-Men 4 should be considered the first appearance where does that leave the X-Men Annual 1? In that comic he is featured in full in his own panel.

No, it's the consensus of the fans that decide which books matter the most. Not creators or books or anything....

IMO it's pretty clear that XM4 is the winner here.

And here is the sketch.

[/quote

No, it's the consensus of the fans that decide which books matter the most. Not creators or books or anything....

IMO it's pretty clear that XM4 is the winner here.

Here's an example that has been mentioned before-for a long time Mad Love was viewed as Harley Quinn's first comic appearance. That's what the consensus was and what the market said but it wasn't true. Personally I would go with that poster as the first until someone can produce an earlier image.

Don't you believe the actual truth to be more important than what a large group of people have told you true?