• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

I thought Omega Red's first appearance was #4, not #5:

KGrHqNhcFBtfZpbueBQd37PJmcQ60_57__23006.1353179367.1280.1280.jpg

That's a cameo cover appearance.

Like Bishop on Uncanny #282? hm

Exactly.

It's like a cameo, but on the cover.

All three books are my "buy em when I see em" group which also includes Nova 1, Darkhawk 1, X-Men 5, Uncanny 282, New Mutants 87 when it dips. 87 always dips then warms up again.

Wasnt there another modern on your list too? :baiting:

Still holding out hope for Blackacre 1 if that's the one you mean. Book is a great read I'm really surprised it hasn't caught on more.

^^

Omega Red's 1st app is #4 - 2c

Exactly!

He makes a sketch appearance in X-Men 1E, and then a full appearance in X-Men 4.

so his first appearance is in issue 1

No. Even the creative team made that clear.

th_Omega_Red005_zps52953318.jpg

And here is the sketch.

th_Omega_Red003_zpscf5e2375.jpg

But there is a cool poster that included Omega Red.

th_Omega_Red002_zps1ffab778.jpg

Well, according to the recent logic of how people are perceiving First Appearances, the first mention of Omega Red is in a Chris Claremont's interview from Amazing Heroes #188 which predates X-Men #1 by several months (AH #188 had a shelf date of Feb 1991, X-Men #1 had a shelf date of Oct 1991) where he discusses the new villain 'Omega Red' in an interview for Marvel's 1991 Projects Preview:

From 'Secrets Behind The X-Men' blog:

"According to Amazing Heroes #188, the books would then start off with three-issue storylines. The X-Men vol.2 team would go up against the Hand and Omega Red."

I'd say that this could be the next HUGE goldmine for collectors if there is even the slightest tentacle or character sketch in AH188. Hell, even saying the words "Omega" and "Red" together for the very first time in connection with the new X-Men title has to be worth something. I'm trying to locate an issue in order to secure the down payment on my new yacht.

Well, according to the recent logic of how people are perceiving First Appearances, the first mention of Omega Red is in a Chris Claremont's interview from Amazing Heroes #188 which predates X-Men #1 by several months (AH #188 had a shelf date of Feb 1991, X-Men #1 had a shelf date of Oct 1991) where he discusses the new villain 'Omega Red' in an interview for Marvel's 1991 Projects Preview:

"According to Amazing Heroes #188, the books would then start off with three-issue storylines. The X-Men vol.2 team would go up against the Hand and Omega Red."

I'd say that this could be the next HUGE goldmine for collectors if there is even the slightest tentacle or character sketch in AH188. Hell, even saying the words "Omega" and "Red" together for the very first time in connection with the new X-Men title has to be worth something. I'm trying to locate an issue in order to secure the down payment on my new yacht.

Hey another wise a**! How about a real opinion?

Edited by MrWeen

The buyer probably plans to crack, press, and then re-sub the #5. Maybe they figure the white covers will correct whatever made it a 9.0. Risky, especially when there are no good close-up pics of the book, especially the corners. :eek:

Your gonna have to expect this from time to time with some of your 1st appearance threads you have created. Personally I am surprised it took that long. Just laugh and take it in stride.

Honestly I think its hilarious and I love your contributions!

But I think #4 is going to be the winner with the red arm on the cover.

Cover appearance = first appearance 2c

Your gonna have to expect this from time to time with some of your 1st appearance threads you have created. Personally I am surprised it took that long. Just laugh and take it in stride.

Yeah I'm cool with that! I just can't believe someone would take the time to type all that mess

If issue 4 is his first then don't you have to include these?

1992Shattershot01_zpse1680941.jpg

What_If_Vol_2_33_zps20101d01.jpg

WhatIfv2033-jan92_zps58c945f5.jpg

His appearance is The X-Men Annual is full, not just a head shot. As far as I can tell they all came out in January of 1992.

If issue 4 is his first then don't you have to include these?

1992Shattershot01_zpse1680941.jpg

What_If_Vol_2_33_zps20101d01.jpg

WhatIfv2033-jan92_zps58c945f5.jpg

His appearance is The X-Men Annual is full, not just a head shot. As far as I can tell they all came out in January of 1992.

What you posted makes me think of Hulk 180.

I'm not saying there isn't value there, I'm just saying I think #4 is the winner.