• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Why is ASM Annual #21 heating up?

Welcome to the posting world of divad!

Note as well that all three of those auctions have exactly one bid. Which means only that someone was willing to pay the asking price, not that there some great clamoring for the book.

That's pretty typical of his sales. He has some nice high grade books, but they seem to typically sell just to one buyer who wants / needs it.

Divad's sales are typically higher/average prices for his books. You won't see what is trending up following his sales. Some are nice but to me, there's nothing heating up about $14. :shrug:

Well, you guys really don't pay much attention to the Market hm

Divad's sales are typically higher/average prices for his books. You won't see what is trending up following his sales. Some are nice but to me, there's nothing heating up about $14. :shrug:

Well, you guys really don't pay much attention to the Market hm

David,

That's exactly what I looked at when I made my comment. Your sale was for a 9.4 copy. All of those high dollar sales are for slabs, Signature Series slabs, higher grade copies and multiple copies of that book or other annuals. Go down towards the bottom of that list and you'll see all of the single issues selling in the $10-$25 range.

At the risk of derailing the conversation, I have a related question about ASM Annual 21...

Back in the late 1980s when I was a student, I worked one summer for Sports Illustrated. It was a great summer job, and one of the perks was that I used to get Mets and Yankees tickets. On one occasion, I got some Mets tickets, and when I got to Shea stadium, they were giving away Spider-man bags with a poster (Spider-man with some Mets players) and a copy of ASM Annual 21 (newsstand edition).

During the game they also staged a "wedding" with actors portraying Spider-man and Mary Jane on the field...

Although I'm sure they handed out thousands of sets at the game, I suspect most were not saved... Has anyone seen these for sale, or does anyone have a sense of possible price? I'm not particularly looking to sell (I'm usually more of a "buy and hold" guy), but I've always been curious...

At the risk of derailing the conversation, I have a related question about ASM Annual 21...

Back in the late 1980s when I was a student, I worked one summer for Sports Illustrated. It was a great summer job, and one of the perks was that I used to get Mets and Yankees tickets. On one occasion, I got some Mets tickets, and when I got to Shea stadium, they were giving away Spider-man bags with a poster (Spider-man with some Mets players) and a copy of ASM Annual 21 (newsstand edition).

During the game they also staged a "wedding" with actors portraying Spider-man and Mary Jane on the field...

Although I'm sure they handed out thousands of sets at the game, I suspect most were not saved... Has anyone seen these for sale, or does anyone have a sense of possible price? I'm not particularly looking to sell (I'm usually more of a "buy and hold" guy), but I've always been curious...

Interesting..... hm

It would be neat if some of those survived. So were the annuals poly-bagged or just placed loose in a bag?

They were loose in the bag, but I would say mine is still in 9.2/9.4, so they can survive Ok. There's nothing to distinguish them from the regular editions, though, so I've always suspected that if many got saved, they may have been separated from the bag and poster, and mixed in with the overall supply.

They were loose in the bag, but I would say mine is still in 9.2/9.4, so they can survive Ok. There's nothing to distinguish them from the regular editions, though, so I've always suspected that if many got saved, they may have been separated from the bag and poster, and mixed in with the overall supply.

Some of the Shea Stadium promo material sold a few weeks ago...

you caught Spider-man's wedding!