• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Too bad I did not follow through with grading the three 9.4+ copies I was thinking of sending in with my July modern submission. :cry:

Do the Marvel Milestone reprints fetch top dollar like this as well?

I dont' think the Marvel Milestone copies of Action 1 sell very well at all. In fact, I don't think anyone has ever sold one.

I meant the AF #15, ASM #1, X-Men #1, etc....

well I'm pretty sure the Action #1 reprint hype is fueled by the EBAY sale of the Action 1 CGC 9.0 being sold on ebay. Due to the rarity and high value realized by THAT sale vs the relative commonness of the Marvel keys, it doesn't seem likely that Marvel Milestones and other Marvel reprints will have similar spikes in value.

Do you think that there are some bidders (on the reprints) who actually don't know the difference? hmlol

Perhaps, but there are many that are clearly marked "reprint" in the header that are still going for plenty.

I think it's a mistake to list them now. The spike is likely due to the sale of the real thing, and that auction is over. Another one will come up for sale at some point (not a 9.0, sure, but another copy). Get them slabbed now if they're slab-worthy so you're ready when the next real deal gets auctioned.

So basically Superman is hotter than Deadpool now

Action Comics #1 reprints are all the rage! -

Lyria Exchange Home Page - number of watchers

Action Comics #1 '88 reprint @ $132 & 132 watchers.

Action Comics #1 '88 reprint @ $152 & 108 watchers

Action Comics #1 '88 reprint @ $102 & 60 watchers

Action Comics #1 '92 reprint @ $42 & 57 watchers (the better reprint anyways)

That is COMPLETELY ridiculous.

These books are common as dirt.

Sigh. Now I must go dig mine out.

:facepalm:

:D Ha! You never sell anything. ;)

Too bad I did not follow through with grading the three 9.4+ copies I was thinking of sending in with my July modern submission. :cry:

I dont' think the Marvel Milestone copies of Action 1 sell very well at all. In fact, I don't think anyone has ever sold one.

well I'm pretty sure the Action #1 reprint hype is fueled by the EBAY sale of the Action 1 CGC 9.0 being sold on ebay. Due to the rarity and high value realized by THAT sale vs the relative commonness of the Marvel keys, it doesn't seem likely that Marvel Milestones and other Marvel reprints will have similar spikes in value.

^^

It it my theory that this is a time sensitive trend.

Do you think that there are some bidders (on the reprints) who actually don't know the difference? hmlol

Perhaps, but there are many that are clearly marked "reprint" in the header that are still going for plenty.

I think it's a mistake to list them now. The spike is likely due to the sale of the real thing, and that auction is over. Another one will come up for sale at some point (not a 9.0, sure, but another copy). Get them slabbed now if they're slab-worthy so you're ready when the next real deal gets auctioned.

???:facepalm:

???:facepalm:

:jokealert::gossip:

That is COMPLETELY ridiculous.

These books are common as dirt.

Sigh. Now I must go dig mine out.

:facepalm:

:D Ha! You never sell anything. ;)

So true, so true.

Wow. I have at least four of the 88's. I thought they were like $20 books. Bought one last week for $1.

This isn't news. They have been selling well for years. Although I will admit those prices are much higher then normal which was around $20-40 an issue.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Wow. I have at least four of the 88's. I thought they were like $20 books. Bought one last week for $1.

This isn't news. They have been selling well for years. Although I will admit those prices are much higher then normal which was around $20-40 an issue.

Isn't that the topic of this thread? (shrug)

And that would be "than". :gossip:

Stop trying to say that this thread is about "books that were one price a while ago, and now the price of those books has increased", when in reality this thread is about "books that were one price a while ago, and now the price of those books has increased".

Stop trying to say that this thread is about "books that were one price a while ago, and now the price of those books has increased", when in reality this thread is about "books that were one price a while ago, and now the price of those books has increased".

:insane:lol

lol

Actually, for this book, the prices are much higher then normal.

Much higher last week, then normal next week. :grin:

So when are NTT 42 and 43 going to pop? On my vacation I spent WAYYY more than I should of at a shop for these issues thinking they had already popped and now I'm getting panicky...

So when are NTT 42 and 43 going to pop? On my vacation I spent WAYYY more than I should of at a shop for these issues thinking they had already popped and now I'm getting panicky...

Why would they pop? If any book in that run should be heating up it would be 10 and 34 I think. Maybe 39 too

Why would they pop? If any book in that run should be heating up it would be 10 and 34 I think. Maybe 39 too

I always thought #21 had a lot going for it. First Brother Blood, pre-Crisis Monitor appearance, Night Force preview story. All it needs is for either Brother Blood or Night Force to make a go. I like NTT 39 too. White cover, Flash and Robin quit...

But for NTT 42 and 43, it would require people to actually want to read their comics for them to pop, and that generally rules out most of the factors that make comics pop. (ref: Marvel Super-heroes 18, first appearance of a bunch of characters NOT in a recent hit movie but still skyrocketed in value) But if you think they will, don't sleep on Annual 3 for the conclusion of the Judas Contract arc.

I always thought #21 had a lot going for it. First Brother Blood, pre-Crisis Monitor appearance, Night Force preview story. All it needs is for either Brother Blood or Night Force to make a go. I like NTT 39 too. White cover, Flash and Robin quit...

But for NTT 42 and 43, it would require people to actually want to read their comics for them to pop, and that generally rules out most of the factors that make comics pop. (ref: Marvel Super-heroes 18, first appearance of a bunch of characters NOT in a recent hit movie but still skyrocketed in value) But if you think they will, don't sleep on Annual 3 for the conclusion of the Judas Contract arc.

I would far rather pick Annual #3 (2nd Nightwing) over #42 and #43 (not that #42 and #43 are without merit...but Annual #3 is much more important.)

^^

It it my theory that this is a time sensitive trend.

Granted I have no data to prove this but I have seen reprints of this do well for years and it is why I but it whenever I see it. They may not be rare but in my opinion the recent sale of issue 1 only helps to maintain and increase the value of certain printings over the long term.

Sadly, the best opportunity we had for DC to put this team back together in the New 52 was when the New 52 started up. That ship has sailed.

The only way I see many of these NTTs popping is if Warner Bros was able to make a movie starring the original team members. Or maybe not. Look at MSH 18. That issue is defying logic and maybe these NTT issues will too?

Rumor is, Cyborg will be in the Superman Vs Batman movie. If that is true, I can see even more price movement on DCP 25.

Edited by rjrjr