• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Would TT 45 be considered Nightwing's Second appearance or DC Sampler 2?

Annual #3.

Deadpool's second appearance doesn't move the needle despite NM #98 being so hot (we point copies of X-Force #2 out to kids who drool over NM #98 when we do shows, and we can't even sell them at $5). I can't think of any Copper second appearances that have broken out; maybe there are some but I can't think of any. Why would second Nightwing be a big deal over any other second appearance?

X-Force #2 had a print run at, or over, a million copies.

So, there's a bit of a supply factor involved.

But yes, the "second appearance" has taken a nosedive in popularity, across the board. Where second, third, fourth appearances used to command respectable money (like, say, Legion of Supes, or Batman, as a classic example, or J'onn J'onzz, or much of Showcase and B&B)...now, if it's not a first appearance, everyone turns their nose up at it.

Which either may herald a buying opportunity, or the end of the value of later appearances.

Reminds me to something similar with baseball cards in that everyone wants the rookie cards, and could care less about there second or third year cards.

I wonder when this trend started to take precedence in comic books?

Yeah I find it strange that people don't seem to care about the 2nd, 3rd, 4th appearances anymore. It's all about the first appearance now. Maybe it is a combination of the sports cards mentality and people don't seem do runs anymore.

So, no action on my NM-/NM copy of Action #1 1988 reprint, but the VG copy is up to $25 already with a day left. (shrug)

Action Comics #1 1988 Reprint - VG

Action Comics #1 1988 Reprint - NM-/NM

Check out the final prices on these two auctions. The VG went for more than the NM-/NM copy. lol

:screwy:

They wanted a more vintage look to their reprint :shrug:

So, no action on my NM-/NM copy of Action #1 1988 reprint, but the VG copy is up to $25 already with a day left. (shrug)

Action Comics #1 1988 Reprint - VG

Action Comics #1 1988 Reprint - NM-/NM

Check out the final prices on these two auctions. The VG went for more than the NM-/NM copy. lol

:screwy:

They wanted a more vintage look to their reprint :shrug:

Why would someone who already doesn't know that these books aren't worth paying that much have any idea what condition means? (shrug)

Not copper, but ASM 135 seems to be one of the more undervalued 2d apps out there.

Seriously. This book is one of my favorite books to grab cheap when possible. And not just raw copies, but even slabbed this book has great value.

Not to mention one of the best covers in the run.

Not copper, but ASM 135 seems to be one of the more undervalued 2d apps out there.

Seriously. This book is one of my favorite books to grab cheap when possible. And not just raw copies, but even slabbed this book has great value.

One cannot go wrong buying any Spidey from #119-#137 ALL DAY LONG!

One cannot go wrong buying any Spidey from #119-#137 ALL DAY LONG!

I despise u but :golfclap:

Not eBay - but I sold 40 copies of New Teen Titans 2 in Baltimore for $75 each.

Cool.

You usually get more money at shows than on ebay for certain books but thats really impressive you were able to unload so many copies.

It's impressive that he HAD that many copies.

Not eBay - but I sold 40 copies of New Teen Titans 2 in Baltimore for $75 each.

Cool.

You usually get more money at shows than on ebay for certain books but thats really impressive you were able to unload so many copies.

It's impressive that he HAD that many copies.

George was at the show, signing like a madman.

If any of you are show dealers, and have never considered this, bring books to get signed by creators who are there. They are perfect impulse purchases, and will sell like hotcakes.