• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Wow...I'm so shocked. Another absolutely overgraded POS brought to you from Divad. How the hell is that Long Bow Hunters a 9.8 with the cracked crease not only on the front but the back as well?

I'd be trepid to call it a 9.0...but that's the difference between you and I, I can grade and you don't have an absolute clue. :foryou:

Jim

Wow...I'm so shocked. Another absolutely overgraded POS brought to you from Divad. How the hell is that Long Bow Hunters a 9.8 with the cracked crease not only on the front but the back as well?

I'd be trepid to call it a 9.0...but that's the difference between you and I, I can grade and you don't have an absolute clue. :foryou:

Jim

Wow . . . I'm so shocked. Another lame assessment from the master of pre-screens. :roflmao:

Personal stuff aside...from that scan the book does not look to be a 9.8. I know you didn't solicit opinions on your grading, but since you're posting your completed auctions I think it makes it fair game within reason 2c

Personal stuff aside...from that scan the book does not look to be a 9.8. I know you didn't solicit opinions on your grading, but since you're posting your completed auctions I think it makes it fair game within reason 2c

Not a problem with me. :hi: (but I think the personal diatribe is uncalled for.)

Btw, the book's a 9.8 all day long. :)

Not a problem with me. :hi: (but I think the personal diatribe is uncalled for.)

You must live in Alaska

"cracked crease not only on the front but the back as well"

How is this addressed? Because the book looks very nice otherwise. Once it is opened you will get that crease running down the entire book.

Having had it in hand the crease is not cracked. The book had never been opened. As you know, the harder stock covers are manufactured with a reading "seam". They are easily cracked once read. The graininess of the art on this cover, combined with the size of the scan, may lead you to think that the crease is cracked, but it is not.

You must live in Alaska

Alaskan 9.8, I might at that to listings.

Btw, by far the easiest thing to do is to say that a book is NOT a 9.8. Post large hi-res scans of any raw book you like, and 8 of 10 people will tell you it's not a 9.8. :grin:

This is absolutely true. Huge scans make the tiniest defects much more prominent, and sometimes make "non-defects" look like defects. (thumbs u

A lot of times people are surprised when they get the books and find out that they look much nicer in hand.

It has the opposite effect that buying books that were scanned in the mylar does. :grin:

You must live in Alaska

Being from Alaska....not getting it....other than we can almost guarantee white pages from OO Alaskan books :sumo:

You must live in Alaska

Being from Alaska....not getting it....other than we can almost guarantee white pages from OO Alaskan books :sumo:

It was a (bad) joke about the length of days.

Jim

Wow . . . I'm so shocked. Another lame assessment from the master of pre-screens. :roflmao:

Dude...you are a garbage grader and misleading Ebayer, nuff said. Just write NM or something.

If you actually thought it was a 9.8, submit the book and sell it for $70 bucks instead of a paltry $31

Jim

Dude...you are a garbage grader and misleading Ebayer, nuff said. Just write NM or something.

If you actually thought it was a 9.8, submit the book and sell it for $70 bucks instead of a paltry $31

Jim

$31 + grading fees + shipping + time wasted = $70.

Edited by ygogolak